“our theatre break”

Ranked #183 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“our theatre break”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

What a beautiful hotel, so close to all amenities,train station two minutes away staff were fabulous breakfast was gorgeous would definitely stay there again close to two theatres so no taxi home for us

Room Tip: We were in a room at the front noise not to bad
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I’m delighted your enjoyed your Grosvenor experience with us and we hope to welcome you back to stay again soon.
With kind regards, Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (883)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We spend 3 days at the Grosvenor hotel as part of a tour. We were assigned a room in the new wing which requires taking an elevator in the old wing then climb a stairway to get to the new wing floor. We are not youngsters and found this to be too large an inconvenience. A call to the desk quickly adjusted the problem. The bell man moved then luggage from the lobby to the original room and subsequently to the new room in the old wing. The room was very nice, but typically small for a European room. The location was good and within walking distance of many attractions and a 10-15 pound taxi ride to some others. The lobby was grand and the service was good. We ate in the Brasserie restaurant several times (breakfast included). It was fully adequate, but not special. This was an upgraded hotel on the tour. I am not sure it was worth the upgrade cost. Just a word on tours. Check out the map before purchasing excursions. We took a tour to Buckingham Palace. It included a 15-20 minute bus ride leaving us just one block away from where the hotel was. The tour guide reminded us that after visiting the palace, it would be more effective for us to walk back to the hotel. In fact, it would have been most effective to not take the tour and just walk there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. The Grosvenor hotel does comprise two buildings, the original building dates back to 1862 and an additional section was added in 1910. I’m sorry you found the location of your initial room to be an inconvenience but pleased my team were able to offer you an alternative. We do have a great location here at Victoria station with excellent transport links really close by and within walking distance to many of London’s attractions. The team and I hope you will pay us another visit soon.
Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed at the Grosvenor for 4 nights. The location is excellent. The hotel has its own entrance to Victoria Station, close to Buckingham palace and westminster abbey. The service is excellent, the rooms are extremely comfortable & large with great facilities. The rooms are not cheap, but it is London, nothing is cheap. The full English breakfast was delicious. The restaurants was great (pricey). Definitely stay again!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I was thrilled to read you would definitely stay with us again and enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back for another great stay here at The Grosvenor soon.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2014

It was only a one night stay but what an experience, we Thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is so beautifully restored, and the architecture is amazing and the view at night from the 1st floor balcony down over the main grand entrance with the amazing, with chandelier as the center piece must not be missed. I felt like I was in an old British movie!
The hotel staff were brilliant and couldn't do enough for you to make your stay special.
The room was huge and the bed so comfortable. It was such good value. The only negative was the lack of space in the breakfast dining room, the double table was tiny and too close to the others,space was restricted but the waiters did keep the tables clear making the most of the space available.
My partner left her phone in a Taxi and the receptionist fell over backwards to help us to locate it, and it eventually turned up at the police station just down the road. Thanks to you all for making it my favourite hotel ever. We packed so much into our weekend in London, and there is no doubt we will be back.

Room Tip: Go for the larger doubles they are lovely and good value. The higher you are the quieter the room, b...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I’m thrilled that The Grosvenor is now your favourite hotel! We are very proud of our beautiful hotel and the team here at The Grosvenor and your review and five star rating are really appreciated. Our hotel has lovingly been refurbished over the past two years to restore it to its former Victorian splendour and we are delighted with the results, as are many of our new and returning guests. The team and I do hope you’ll stay with us again very soon.
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Ok, I've only stayed in 2 hotels in London, but this one wins hands down! It's bright and contemporary in the lobby and in the rooms. We stayed on the 1st floor which is usually a no no for me. But boyfriend booked this trip as a very special bday present and I wasn't about to complain about anything. This place exceeded my expectations. Our room looked across to Grosvenor park. It wasn't huge but it was lovely!!! The executive lounge has beer around the clock, snacks from 1-5, apps and cocktails from 5:30-7:30. The lounge was large and bright, a nice place to take a break. Wifi was very strong in the lounge. We took a stroll to Bond Street and Fortnum & Mason about a 20 minute walk. Hyde park is also about 15 mins away. A very lovely clean neighborhood near the American embassy. Service was exceptional at the hotel. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. If you're deciding if this is the place for you, do yourself a favor and book it!!! Enjoy your stay! We sure did and I wish I was there now.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night and found the hotel to be spot on. Perfectly clean, quiet, a lovely building with original features, and the staff were brilliant. I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with flowers for her birthday, I was told they would send me an email to return filled in with card details for the payment of the flowers. However I was unable to fill it out due to having no internet at the time. When I rang up to explain this I was told that this wasn't a problem and that they would trust me to pay for them on the day. They were a lovely selection of flowers and there was even a few extras such as 2 small bottles of wine and some snacks. Jaheeta (I think this was the lady who I dealt with) was very helpful in sorting this out. Would recommend this hotel 100%!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. It’s always a pleasure to offer our guests a personal service with any requests or requirements they may have and I’m pleased that you found our team here at The Grosvenor to be brilliant and enjoyed our excellent service. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you again soon.
Southern NJ
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Small room, but nice size for a central London hotel. My check in was early, but the woman at reception had me settled pretty quickly. Comfortable bed and nice furnishings. Walking distance to many landmarks and quick access to Victoria Station. It must be noted that there are stairs to be negotiated to reach the station. About a dozen steps to drag your luggage down from the lobby to the station level. The area around the hotel is bustling and there is plenty to do in the area. I would stay there again if I needed easy access to Victoria.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m delighted to read you would stay with us again here at The Grosvenor and our team got you settled pretty quickly. Our Concierge team are always on hand to assist with luggage as well as recommending any tourist hot spots and landmarks to explore the city and surrounding area. We hope to see you again soon.