“Nice hotel”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #207 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed at the hotel on a business trip. Stayed in the "Wing" 6.th floor facing away from the street overlooking the station glass roof. Liked the hotel. Nice room (not big but OK for London). Nice little gym. A bit pricy.

Room Tip: Wing was fine, 6th floor no noise problems, uneven numbers face away from street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post, I’m pleased that you liked the hotel and enjoyed our gym. We look forward to welcoming you back soon either for business or perhaps on a leisure trip.

With kind regards,
Ian

Write a ReviewReviews (4,296)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had just a one night stay for a birthday treat which resulted in an upgrade room plus a very nice bottle of wine and we could not fault hotel or staff, hope to visit again and would recommend
this hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 96montrose
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post and choosing to stay with us for a birthday treat. It was a pleasure to read your review and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Myself and a friend booked a one night stay here and we both loved it.
We booked an executive room which was well worth it.
The room 408 was large, spotless and everything you would need. The bathroom was compact but again everything one would want.
The executive lounge was one of the nicest I have used.
We had breakfast in there as well and, again very good.
The thing that makes this hotel though are the staff as they all look as though they really enjoy doing what they do.
We had a cocktail made for us by Ashley ( thank-you )
Also had a lovely meal in their restaurant.
All in all this would be hotel of choice and I will be booking to bring my husband here for his 60th.
Well done.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank joylin

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post which I really enjoyed reading. We are proud of the service and standards we offer here at The Grosvenor and I will certainly pass on your compliments to our team with a special mention to Ashley in our Reunion bar. I’m delighted we are your hotel of choice for London and we look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your husbands 60th birthday.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

my husband and I enjoyed a short break at the Grosvenor and it lived up to it's four stars. The room and service were excellent. Only one disappointment - the hot breakfast was cold! but the coffee and pastries made up for that!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post; I’m pleased you both enjoyed your short break with us. I was however sorry to read your breakfast was cold which I will certainly look into, however I’m glad at least that our pastries and coffee made up for the disappointment. We hope you’ll come to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My friend and I have stayed in the Grosvenor on two occasions and have been really pleased with the room, facilities and service. The hotel is in a great location at Victoria station, great for the Apollo theatre and the Victoria Palace theatre. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable, room and hotel facilities are excellent and I will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank bae84

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. It’s always a pleasure to read such positive feedback especially from a returning guest. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

When it comes to location, this hotel cannot be beat in London (as long as you do not come by car): it is adjacent to Victoria Station, right down in the heart of the city. The entrance and welcome is consistently classy (all 3 times I stayed here), and the entrance hall itself is worth a visit.
The rooms are very clean, stylish and comfortable. I once had a rather small room with its window high above me, but I did not mind as it was very quiet. This time I had a spacious room above the entrance, and again the sound insolation was excellent. The bedding and bathroom fixtures are all top class. The many rooms are all lush and comfortable. I love the high ceilings.
The issue I have experienced rather consistently is a below-expectations performance of housekeeping and catering. A few examples:
- the breakfast is OK, but nothing special. In fact, the coice is rather limited. And the cut fruits (melon, pineapple) not ripe. And the offer varies very little, which is annoying when you stay a few nights. If you order any special coffee (decaf, latte, cappu) it takes ages and you are asked to pay extra. And, o by the way, you WILL need to order cappu, as the normal coffee is truly undrinkable (as confirmed by 6 of 7 colleagues I polled).
- the room is cleaned very late in the day, and my pijamas were just thrown in a chair: no sign of care there. Though I hung up my towel (eco!) it had been replaced. The laundry bag I had used had not been replaced.
- the coffee break table was motel-like: no place for garbage (which means people put it everywhere), not enough cups, spoons not where you need them, dirty linnens.
Compliments to the reception manager who not only asked for feedback as I checked out, but also really listened and seemed to care. I hope to see a difference next time, because I still like this place.

Room Tip: If you are not good with stairs, make this very clear when you book a room, and ask them to confirm...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sablod

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m delighted you appreciated the welcome from our team and your bedroom was clean, stylish and comfortable but disappointed that your Housekeeping and Food & Beverage experiences let us down. I will certainly address the issues you have raised with my team so we can improve on these areas. We are currently trialling an alternative coffee supplier and your feedback is welcome as this helps us to ensure we are heading in the right direction. We do hope you will stay with us again and will notice the difference.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I stay a lot at the wonderful hotel, the two Jamie's who greet you at the front of the hotel are amazing, they are always very polite and happy to help with anything. The service in the hotel is the best and the rooms are really nice and the bonus is the location you can walk anywhere. It's a must to stay at the hotel, far better than the Dorchester.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank JillyB371

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was pleased to read your excellent feedback and hope you’ll stay with us again soon.

With Kind regards, Ian