“Nice, with some exceptions”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #207 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in June - overall the hotel was very classy and beautiful. However, here is what I will let my fellow travelers know: First, the street outside is very busy with a bus stop right out front. The good part of that is the Hop On/Off stop is also there, so pretty convenient if you are going to do that. Second, to get into the hotel there are stairs - not a lot (a dozen or so) but this was a bit awkward when trying to haul your luggage up to the doors. Once the bellman realizes you are there, however, they are quick to assist. The hotel is also pretty big, and be prepared to walk long distances down hallways to get to your room. We did have some basic mishaps with housekeeping - such as taking the used towels but not leaving new ones. Also, at least in our particular room, the lighting was very, very dim in the closet/foyer area. Also, the plug in the bathroom was only for shavers, so you had to find another outlet to use the hair dryer - either in the dim closet area or by the desk where there is no mirror. Also in our particular bathroom - there was a regular shower head as well as the wand/hose head. However, the regular shower head shot out the water so hard and fast that it literally hurt when it hit you, so we had no choice but to use the wand instead.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank scorpioliz72
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post and for your comprehensive feedback regarding your bedroom which I will certainly look into. We do have another entrance into our hotel directly from Victoria station which is less busy and our team would be delighted to show this to you next time you stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards, Ian

Write a ReviewReviews (4,297)

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at this hotel. The room manager helped make it special by giving us some extras for our stay-a nice touch. The champagne bar is fab & the grand imperial restaurant serves the most amazing food. Stayed here twice now & would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Chazoo01

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was thrilled you chose to stay with us again, this time for your anniversary, and that my team made your stay special. Thank you for your comments regarding our Reunion Bar and The Grand Imperial which indeed serves amazing food. I look forward to welcoming you back for many more special occasions.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed 2 nights and both mornings at 6.30 am were woken by a neighbour having numerous phone calls.Walls are obviously paper thin. Not good.
Also staff are miserable. Slow and contrary.
The room was very small but clean.
The best part of this hotel is its location, otherwise stay elsewhere and be treated better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynette B

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was disappointed to read your comments. I’m sorry that you experienced noise from your room next door and that you did not receive the customer service from my team that we strive to deliver here at The Grosvenor. We do indeed have an excellent location. If you would like to give us another chance please contact me directly before your next stay and I will ensure that we make your stay more memorable.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Way back in February I visited this Hotel to arrange an overnight stay with 4 rooms for a surprise Golden Wedding for my childrens God Parents. From the moment I approached the reception desk I was treated like a VIP.It is so rare to find such dedicated hotel staff anywhere in the world but the two people I dealt with in February and when checking in were truly outstanding. My big problem was in delaying there arrival so the room for the Golden couple was decorated. Nothing we requested was a problem and the gift from the Hotel left in Anniversary Room was a wonderful gesture. We had the rooms we requested, all of which were perfectly presented and spotless throughout. Breakfast, as has been reviewed before, was superb with such a large choice. So if you want a memorable stay in a beautiful restored Hotel, this is the place to be. Finally if you are fortunate to be dealt with by Kasia or Eero the Reception Manager who looked after my family so well then you will be made so welcome. Thankyou not just to Kasia and Eero but every one who made our visit so special.

Room Tip: The Wing rooms are excellent and we had 4th and 5th floor which were so quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your very kind post. I was delighted to read your complimentary words about Eero and Kasia and proudly passed this on to them and the rest of our team. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for such a landmark occasion and we look forward do welcoming you all back in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Treated my wife to a few days in London for her 40th in May 2013, stayed here and it was beyond all expectations, would highly recommend to all. everyone was so attentive, we felt like royalty .By far the best hotel we have stayed in to date.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was thrilled that your stay was beyond your expectations and we made you feel like royalty. I look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next celebration.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lovely old hotel, beautifully refurbished. Good location, right next to Victoria station. Comfortable beds, clean rooms. Stayed for one night. Ordered breakfast in our room, as instructed ordered individually for myself and my daughter, two completely different breakfasts, unfortunately got the whole lot on each plate! Poached eggs, fried egg and scrambled. It wasn't particularly good either but that was the only complaint, would stay again but would just order a continental breakfast maybe!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post and I’m sorry for the confusion over breakfast. I am glad that you would stay with us again and look forward to seeing you both in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here one night on a business trip in late October and was not disappointed. The Grosvenor is in a fantastic location, not just in terms of commuting to other parts of London for work, but also from a tourist perspective as well. I was late checking in and decided not have have a full meal in the restaurant. I did however have a couple of drinks with friends in the bar, which was lovely. Excellent selection of beers and spirits with really knowledgeable and friendly staff. I also ordered some "bar food" which was exceptional - top end restaurant quality as opposed to what you would usually associate with normal bar food. The room was standard, large and well appointed. Given the location, beside Victoria station, I was expecting not to get much sleep, but there was little or no noise. Would definitely consider going back for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SeanTDub

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. We are ideally located for both business and leisure travellers alike with bus train and tube links on our doorstep. I was delighted you and your friends enjoyed the excellent selection of drinks and exceptional food from our Reunion bar. I hope to welcome you back soon.