“A LOVELY HOTEL”

Ranked #183 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Perth, Australia
“A LOVELY HOTEL”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in London for our son's wedding and we stayed at the Grosvenor Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially Sergio their doorman. The hotel is conveniently located upon Victoria Station. Apart from the slightest rocking when laying in bed you would not know you were sleeping above a major station. The bonus of being above Victoria Station was the facilities the station offered and the entrance directly into the hotel. Our room and bathroom were spacious. We paid a little extra to upgrade to the Executive Suite which came with the facilities of the Executive Lounge for breakfast and late afternoon/evening drinks. The food in the Lounge Bar and Brasserie was delicious. We would highly recommend the Grosvenor Hotel and we would definitely stay there on our return to London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stephanie L
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was delighted you both thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us along with the facilities we have to offer in our Executive Lounge. I have passed your kind comments about Sergio on to him and the team. I look forward to welcoming you both back when you are next in London.

Kind regards, Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (883)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lillehammer, Oppland, Norway
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My son and I arrived in London on the 3rd of May 2013. We did not have a booking no problem even though no twin was available, no problem we'll split a double bed. A Call to housekeeping and they doing their bit when we got to Our room. The room was great, Nice New bathroom, comfortable beds, though a few more draws and not just cupboards would be an improvement.
We stayed for 4 Nights, and had dinner at the hotel once, very good, lovely breast of duck.
Great location on top of Victoria Station. I like this hotel and it is not the first time I have stayed.
Don't forget folks a hotel is not Your home. If you are looking for that something extra well you normally have to pay extra.

Room Tip: The 6th floor facing towards Buckingham Palace.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Leonardfrankp
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your post and coming back to stay with us once again. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding my team and I hope to see you again soon.

Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location in an upmarket area of London. It is next to Victoria Station and near Buckingham Palace. Our room was small (usual for London) but excellently appointed. It had iron and ironing board and tea and coffee making facilities (unusual for London). The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom, although small, had a good bath and shower. It could perhaps have had an extra shelf for toiletries, but generally I was very impressed with this hotel. The breakfast was delicious and the prices not exorbitant for London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brenda C
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. We are very well situated between Victoria and Belgravia and I’m glad that you found our location excellent. I was delighted you were very impressed with our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the near future.

North Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hits - very convenient location connected to Victoria Station - access to trains, restaurants, shops; hotel is clean; staff is friendly

The misses - the rooms are small (but I guess that is typical in downtown London); the staff at the Chinese restaurant that is in the hotel are less than polite and the food is not worth the price; the charge to use the room phone for anything but local calls is somewhat expensive; the hotel has a beautiful lobby but the hallways and the rooms could use some TLC - we had to be moved from first room due to a shower that would not drain.

Overall, a nice place to stay, especially if you are looking for convenience, but I am sure there are better places that would probably be almost as convenient in terms of location, have larger, more accommodating rooms, and would probably be a bit less pricey.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was disappointed to read your comments on your room and your experience in the Chinese restaurant; I will certainly pass this on to the Grand Imperial team. Overall, I am glad you found us to be clean and convenient and I hope you consider us again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I wasn't going to write a review for The Grosvenor because I felt my complaint probably wasn't a fair reflection of the hotel on the whole, but I've now sent three emails explaining what I was unhappy with (I didn't have time to speak to anyone when I checked out so the receptionist gave me her managers contact details) and I haven't received a single response. Our room had noise from two sides, we were right next to the lift so the mechanism kept whirring away all night and on the other side we could head all the station announcements. I also mentioned that the card I used to pay with has since been used for fraudulent transactions, so while they may feel that a poor night's sleep doesn't warrant a response surely a potential problem with their website (the website froze while the payment was going through, I received email confirmation of the booking and I then received two emails from the hotel asking if I wanted to continue with my booking so something definitely went wrong!) leading to credit card details being stolen is?? I'm sure this hotel is pretty much the same as all the other big London hotels so I wouldn't let this review put you off staying there, but I'm really not impressed at all with their after sales customer service so if you have a complaint make sure it's dealt with before you leave!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alx09
Jonesboro, Georgia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 6 nights at the Grosvenor Victoria. The hotel is perfectly located next to Victoria Station. You can even enter Victoria Station from a door in the hotel and never set foot outside! This was great because we had easy access to the shops and restaurants in Victoria Station when we were too tired from sightseeing and wanted to stay close (although the hotel does have great restaurants - particularly The Brasserie). We found the hotel quiet and very comfortable. Our room had everything we needed with some nice perks such as an electric kettle with coffee and tea (and biscuits), an iron and ironing board, and hairdryer. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was kept very tidy each day by the very courteous housekeeping staff. The young people working in The Brasserie restaurant where we had breakfast each morning (you are out of your mind if you don't include breakfast with your stay) were very professional and anxious to please. The concierge was most helpful as was reception. We have only wonderful things to say about The Grosvenor and will make it our headquarters for our future visits to London.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Janet M
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your post and great comments which I was very proud to share with my team. We are perfectly located here at Victoria with the tube, bus and overground stations right on our doorstep. I was pleased you found us quiet and comfortable after your sightseeing trips. I look forward to seeing you both again next time you come to London.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My sister and I stayed for three nights in this hotel and found the location excellent, situated only minutes from Buckingham Palace. As the hotel is situated beside Victoria Station we were able to travel around London very easily. Our room was adequate but fairly basic in design. One disappointment was that we had dinner in the Asian restaurant attached to the hotel and found both the food and the service poor. Breakfast was variable, offering a good selection although it was not hot enough

Room Tip: Lifts not too good if on the higher floors and would therefore suggest requesting a room lower down.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family