“Good London hotel”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #230 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location in an upmarket area of London. It is next to Victoria Station and near Buckingham Palace. Our room was small (usual for London) but excellently appointed. It had iron and ironing board and tea and coffee making facilities (unusual for London). The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom, although small, had a good bath and shower. It could perhaps have had an extra shelf for toiletries, but generally I was very impressed with this hotel. The breakfast was delicious and the prices not exorbitant for London.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brenda C
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. We are very well situated between Victoria and Belgravia and I’m glad that you found our location excellent. I was delighted you were very impressed with our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the near future.

Kind regards, Ian

Write a ReviewReviews (4,470)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hits - very convenient location connected to Victoria Station - access to trains, restaurants, shops; hotel is clean; staff is friendly

The misses - the rooms are small (but I guess that is typical in downtown London); the staff at the Chinese restaurant that is in the hotel are less than polite and the food is not worth the price; the charge to use the room phone for anything but local calls is somewhat expensive; the hotel has a beautiful lobby but the hallways and the rooms could use some TLC - we had to be moved from first room due to a shower that would not drain.

Overall, a nice place to stay, especially if you are looking for convenience, but I am sure there are better places that would probably be almost as convenient in terms of location, have larger, more accommodating rooms, and would probably be a bit less pricey.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was disappointed to read your comments on your room and your experience in the Chinese restaurant; I will certainly pass this on to the Grand Imperial team. Overall, I am glad you found us to be clean and convenient and I hope you consider us again in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I wasn't going to write a review for The Grosvenor because I felt my complaint probably wasn't a fair reflection of the hotel on the whole, but I've now sent three emails explaining what I was unhappy with (I didn't have time to speak to anyone when I checked out so the receptionist gave me her managers contact details) and I haven't received a single response. Our room had noise from two sides, we were right next to the lift so the mechanism kept whirring away all night and on the other side we could head all the station announcements. I also mentioned that the card I used to pay with has since been used for fraudulent transactions, so while they may feel that a poor night's sleep doesn't warrant a response surely a potential problem with their website (the website froze while the payment was going through, I received email confirmation of the booking and I then received two emails from the hotel asking if I wanted to continue with my booking so something definitely went wrong!) leading to credit card details being stolen is?? I'm sure this hotel is pretty much the same as all the other big London hotels so I wouldn't let this review put you off staying there, but I'm really not impressed at all with their after sales customer service so if you have a complaint make sure it's dealt with before you leave!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alx09
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 6 nights at the Grosvenor Victoria. The hotel is perfectly located next to Victoria Station. You can even enter Victoria Station from a door in the hotel and never set foot outside! This was great because we had easy access to the shops and restaurants in Victoria Station when we were too tired from sightseeing and wanted to stay close (although the hotel does have great restaurants - particularly The Brasserie). We found the hotel quiet and very comfortable. Our room had everything we needed with some nice perks such as an electric kettle with coffee and tea (and biscuits), an iron and ironing board, and hairdryer. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was kept very tidy each day by the very courteous housekeeping staff. The young people working in The Brasserie restaurant where we had breakfast each morning (you are out of your mind if you don't include breakfast with your stay) were very professional and anxious to please. The concierge was most helpful as was reception. We have only wonderful things to say about The Grosvenor and will make it our headquarters for our future visits to London.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janet M

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your post and great comments which I was very proud to share with my team. We are perfectly located here at Victoria with the tube, bus and overground stations right on our doorstep. I was pleased you found us quiet and comfortable after your sightseeing trips. I look forward to seeing you both again next time you come to London.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My sister and I stayed for three nights in this hotel and found the location excellent, situated only minutes from Buckingham Palace. As the hotel is situated beside Victoria Station we were able to travel around London very easily. Our room was adequate but fairly basic in design. One disappointment was that we had dinner in the Asian restaurant attached to the hotel and found both the food and the service poor. Breakfast was variable, offering a good selection although it was not hot enough

Room Tip: Lifts not too good if on the higher floors and would therefore suggest requesting a room lower down.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rita K
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here while on vacation in London. Centrally located close to sightseeing stops, restaurants, and shopping. Concierge service was helpful. Room was comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michebill
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was thrilled to receive such fantastic feedback from such a seasoned traveller and was delighted that you found our service impeccable and your room comfortable and clean. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,
Ian

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We've only been here 1day so far but have been impressed by the overall charm of the place, the staff are very helpful & friendly, the room is clean comfortable & stylish with a mixure of old & new decor, it probably suits a mature taste, located well, within walking distance to buckingham palace &
the houses of parlament, with victoria station just around the corner & buses stop out the front door, highly recomended !!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank vpmuscat

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was really pleased to read your comments regarding our team and the overall charm of our hotel. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,