“Nice hotel in central London” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grosvenor Hotel

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #181 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Hong Kong, China
“Nice hotel in central London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed in the Grosvenor for three nights in one of their standard single rooms. Room is relatively small but very clean, tidy and got all the basics. I went out most time of the days hence it was okay. Shower was very nice and there were shampoo and shower gel.

The location was very convenient, right next to Victoria Coach Station, train station as well as the tube. The area was quite busy even midnight hence I felt safe when I went back to the hotel almost 12.00 a.m. one night.

Service was excellent. Staff was very pro-active in helping with my luggage (there are a few steps at the hotel entrance). Reception was also very helpful. I arrived very early in the morning and was able to get my room around 12.00 noon (official check-in time is 3.00 p.m.) so I could fresh'in up a bit before my meeting. I was very pleased about that. Wifi was free and don't require password. Very convenient.

The Lobby was beautiful, very nicely decorated. I saw many people taking pictures there.

I will definitely stay at the Grosvenor again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kolukolu
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m delighted that you found our service excellent and pleased that we were able to check you into your room early enough for you to freshen up.
I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (843)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Grosvenor Hotel is a nice hotel located at Victoria Station. The rooms are very nice but small. They lack some basic amenities such as luggage racks, slippers, and robes. The bathrooms are very nice but also small. The breakfast is fantastic and the staff is very attentive to your needs. Since it is in a large high priced city it is not overly expensive.
Location is great, walking distance to many of London's sites.

Room Tip: Stay away from wing rooms as you may hear train announcements
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post and for the great feedback on the team. We certainly have an excellent location and I hope you managed to take advantage of this during your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night back in March as part of a trip to London to visit the theatre.

Well located, very easy access from local tube station. Excellent location for nearby shows.

Room was clean and very smart with nice bathroom (upgraded on arrival from the basic room). We were staying in a room on the road-side of the hotel but noticed little road noise.

Breakfast was excellent with a good selection.

Would definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room higher up and on the "road" rather than "tube" side of the hot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. We are very centrally located for a trip to the theatre and have excellent transport links via Victoria Station. I’m glad you enjoyed your breakfast and would definitely stay with us in the future. I look forward to welcoming you both back on your next trip.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just completed a 2 night business visit to London and stayed at the Grosvenor Hotel because of its proximity to the business I was visiting.

To start with, location-wise, I think it is great, especially if you come from Gatwick Airport. The hotel is more or less on top of the Victoria station and there is an entrance right from the station.

So, check-in was fast, efficient and welcoming and I got an upgrade. Lobby is nice and if the lighting is a bit better, it may even look impressive. Anyway, I was shown to the room by a young Bulgarian concierge named Dimitar who spoke good English and was very helpful when asked for certain tips and directions.

Room was spacious by London standards and was very well equipped with LCD, BOSE sound, work desk, sofa, chairs, very comfortable bed, snow white sheets and very soft pillows, liked it. Bathroom was large, nice, perfectly clean and offers a good set of quality amenities.

The room had a nice 120 degree view. So in general room was perfect.

The evening I had a dinner at the chinese restaurant that suprised me with very good quality food and I had one of the best Cha Siu porks outside China. The restaurant manager was also very hospitable chinese man who was helping me selecting the gluten free/msg free items. The dinner was followed by a drink at the champagne lounge, which was fine too.

Next morning I had a quick coffee at the brasserie and although the service was a bit slow, the salon manager named Mohammad was very polite, entertaining and made the experience actually pleasant.

The flaws: When I arrived by taxi, the porter opened the door of the taxi and welcomed me to the hotel but did not bother to help me with the luggage, in fact even instructed me which door to use to enter with the suitcase. Not exactly good first impression.

The bigger problem was actually the noise from the street. My room had windows on two sides and I was happy with the upgrade but the noise from the street was terrible and even the wind was entering the room and the curtains were moving. Poor isolation. Had a great bed but haven't really slept for 2 nights. Didn't complain because I was on short trip anyway but wasn't good.

I also had an interesting moment when they asked me upon check in if they should pre-validate an extra balance for further charges on my credit card and I said no as I didn't understand the meaning as I am never asked for that in my 100+ hotel stays a year, and next day when I wanted to sign the bill on my room the waiter told me that I have no credit. Anyway, I think I understand what they have in mind and might be a good idea, just a bit strange.

and the TV selection is really poor but the free WIFI makes it up for it.

All in all it was a very good stay and I will come back but will ask for noise proof rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for noise proof rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I’m glad that all in all you enjoyed your stay with us but I’m sorry you found your room to be noisy. Thanks for your fantastic feedback regarding your Chinese meal in The Grand Imperial; I will certainly pass this on to the team in the restaurant.
When you book your next stay with us please drop us an email and we will ensure that you are allocated a room away from the street.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Birthday weekend with the girls, the hotel was wonderful, the champagne bar is a great place with a wonderful long glass feature outstanding for the photographs
The buffet breakfast was good value hot and cold bars
Room service was a bit hit and miss ( not the staffs fault) menu very limited

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was really pleased to read your comments regarding our wonderful service and great hotel. We look forward to seeing you and the girls for another birthday weekend.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We loved staying here as it is charming and has the best location - right there at Victoria Station. We walked all over as there is so much to see. We went to see Wicked across the street one night and walked to a lovely Italian restaurant very close to the theatre. Breakfast was included and it was great - always order eggs from the waitress vs. on the buffet. We had a problem with the bathtub being backed up and they moved us immediately and sent a bottle of wine to apologize for the inconvenience. I did not mind as I know that older hotels will have some problems and I would trade a beautiful hotel with character for any modern one with none. A very pleasant experience at the hotel - the staff are wonderful. We loved the Concierge as he gave us great advice on musuems, restaurants, and attractions. It is a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nancy O
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was delighted you found our hotel beautiful with character and our Concierge to be so helpful. Your kind comments have been passed on to the team. We hope to welcome you and your friends back to stay with us in the near future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed at The Grosvenor for one night in January 2013. This hotel is the perfect location for sightseeing in London, theatre trips, shopping trips etc. The hotel is next door to Victoria train and tube station so very accessible for those travelling around the city.

The hotel is immaculately presented, with exceptionally clean rooms, and a very impressive entrance to the hotel! The staff were all very friendly and helpful when we arrived and even upgraded our room when they found out we were there for our anniversary! To top it all off, they even left a little food and wine hamper in our room with a card as an anniversary gift! This really was such a lovely touch and definitely shows the length the staff will go to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

The room was spotless and equipped with everything we needed (even dressing gowns and slippers!). I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples or families visiting London. We will certainly be returning when we stay in London again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NAL88
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your post. We do have a perfect location for sightseeing in London with transport links for the underground, over ground and bus terminals here at Victoria. I was really pleased to read our team made your anniversary so enjoyable and you would recommend our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you both back when you are next in London.