“A fab place for an overnight stay if you are visiting a theatre in the local are”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #230 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Well what a beautiful hotel, we had a very warm reception on arrival and although our room wasnt ready (we did arrive 2 hours before check in) we went out and shopped and when we arrived back our case had been taken to our room which was lovely and clean with crisp linen on the beds and lovely toiletries in the bathroom. all staff were helpful from the reception staff to the concierge & staff in the cocktail bar. The cocktail bar is quite expensive with 12.5% service charge added to your bill however its what you expect & you do not have to pay the service charge if you dont want to. I paid it because the advice for the cocktails and the pleasant service of the waiter who bought the drinks to our table made it worth the while

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,470)

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed there for my wife's birthday trip to London going to concert at Albert Hall. The Hotel was well positioned for transport. It was clean and efficient and we had stayed there on a similar trip last year and it remained at the same high standard as our previous visit. The added bonus was that we got a good deal.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a great Hotel and part of a well respected chain that I've used when I can afford it! Anyway, got a good last minute rate and wasn't disappointed - location great - side entrance straight into Victoria station and lots to do nearby.
Rooms were modern, light, airey and with all up to date facilities.
I'd certainly return. Just a a couple of niggles - a curtain was partially off the rail and I couldn't close it properly so a little light intrusion a.m. (They were about 7 foot in length and I couldn't do it myself and it was too late at night to call maintenance) plus in the morning, the water, whilst hot on most taps would only run mildly warm in the Bath. (Again I was in a rush and it didn't bother me too much) If these were ok it would have been 100% perfect

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Ernie M
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This last was a personal trip but have also stayed here a number of times on business. Customer service excellent as always, rooms are very comfortable and well equipped. The location is great for sightseeing if you're on holiday and if you want a change from the hotel there's a choice of traditional pubs, great wine bars, etc within sight of the hotel. We ate in the Chinese restaurant in the hotel on one of the evenings at it was great.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are good but its worth upgrading to executive if you can.
1  Thank 4SYC
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We found this little gem almost by accident and we were delighted at the ambience, service and location. It is tucked away behind Victoria Station (with access to the station directly from the hotel - so you won't get cold or wet). The rooms are lovely and the public rooms are elegant. The staff is helpful and anxious to please. The breakfast was wonderful. The price was right...a great value for the money. I give it 5 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a walk-in shower.
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. When i was leaving i was told that there's an IT meltdown so they can't raise my final invoice. When i reached my destination i was sent the final invoice which to my horror was incorrect - they had incorrectly applied some restaurant charges which i never used. I immediately responded asking them to correct it. I heard nothing back so i sent a reminder. Been 10 days since back and still haven't heard anything back. What reputed 4 star hotel that too in central london does that ? Extremely disappointed with the customer service. Never going to use them again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here the night of the United v Real Madrid 2nd leg and arrived just before kick-off. To my surprise there was no tv lounge or bar where we could watch the match (and it was on ITV!).
My colleague and I had to scurry to find a local pub where we could watch the game.
Having said that the rooms were reasonable size and quality. The bathroom was tiny for the quality of hotel.
Breakfast was a good quality buffet and service was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business