“A perfect hotel in the best location”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #183 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“A perfect hotel in the best location”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We found this little gem almost by accident and we were delighted at the ambience, service and location. It is tucked away behind Victoria Station (with access to the station directly from the hotel - so you won't get cold or wet). The rooms are lovely and the public rooms are elegant. The staff is helpful and anxious to please. The breakfast was wonderful. The price was right...a great value for the money. I give it 5 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a walk-in shower.
1 Thank Susan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (883)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. When i was leaving i was told that there's an IT meltdown so they can't raise my final invoice. When i reached my destination i was sent the final invoice which to my horror was incorrect - they had incorrectly applied some restaurant charges which i never used. I immediately responded asking them to correct it. I heard nothing back so i sent a reminder. Been 10 days since back and still haven't heard anything back. What reputed 4 star hotel that too in central london does that ? Extremely disappointed with the customer service. Never going to use them again

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here the night of the United v Real Madrid 2nd leg and arrived just before kick-off. To my surprise there was no tv lounge or bar where we could watch the match (and it was on ITV!).
My colleague and I had to scurry to find a local pub where we could watch the game.
Having said that the rooms were reasonable size and quality. The bathroom was tiny for the quality of hotel.
Breakfast was a good quality buffet and service was good.

Penarth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Can't praise this hotel highly enough. This is our second stay at a Guoman hotel, and this didn't disappoint. Standards were of the highest, cleanliness A1, service efficient and friendly. In particular the Cocktail Bar is a 'must do'; pure decadence and great quality and value cocktails. Ask for Ashley when you're there; he is really fab and made us feel so welcome. Hope that the hotel look after him because he has great potential. We ate in the Grand Imperial Restaurant - wow, the food is really good and they have a great value theatre menu. Even though the hotel is literally on top of Victoria Station we were not affected by noise in any way. RECOMMENDED!

1 Thank Justin H
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have stayed here before,and have always enjoyed the experience---this was no exception.
We stayed in an Executive Room,which was large,and enjoyed the benefits which go with it.
The Executive Lounge is excellent where breakfast is served,and tea/coffee is available all day.
Drinks are also served there in the evening.
All the Staff are very friendly and efficient,and the food in the Brasserie.is of a high standard---and reasonably priced.
The hotel is ideally situated to explore London. It's adjacent to the bus terminus and the Underground.
I would recommend it unreservedly for a stay in London.

Room Tip: Take advantage of an upgrade if you can !!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night while on a business trip. My double room was small (typical for central London) and clean, but functional. The room was difficult to find (7th floor) required taking two lifts. Breakfast was good. Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall pleasant stay.

1 Thank ThreeKeanes
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Well where to start! On arrival there at the Hotel, it is nothing to look at from the outside. You come into a Grand entrance. I go to the front desk to check in and after saying hello the first words out of the womens mouth were, " WOULD YOU LIKE A UPGRADE", so I asked is it free, and her reply was NO, so I said why would I need a upgrade. No answer back. Well arriving to our room after a long flight, I know why she had asked if I wanted a upgrade. The carpet had to have been put down back in the 1700, as it was thread bare. It was Hot water heating and it hadn't been dusted off. The washroom had Mold all round in the tub/shower. The only thing that was nice was the Bedding and bed itself. Well down I went to report it to the front desk and they said go look at this other room, while it wasn't much better and you couldn't swing a cat around in the room and basically it was good for one person only, so down I went again and said I'm going out for a couple of hours, I want someone to go to that room and address our concerns. I told them I had Asthma. We left and came back and only to find NOTHING HAD BEEEN DONE AT ALL. Well I went up one side of Management and down the other side of them, as people were wondering what was going on between us, but I didn't care, as other people needed to know. We were finally given a new renovated room, after a DAY OF FIGHTING WITH THEM. I notified my Travel Agent to never sent anyone to that hotel. I did after writing to the Owners get money returned to us, which was equal to 1 1/2 days free. The Service there was terrible and the staff were not pleasant or helpful. I new I was in trouble when I heard the words, "DO YOU WANT A UPGRADE". The only reason I gave it 1 star rating was the restaruant was okay. NOT AT ALL IMPRESSED.

Room Tip: Don't go there, unless they have upgraded all their rooms. Value was awful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple