“superb” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #174 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Wantage, United Kingdom
“superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was a christmas present fom our family. Great location. Hotel fantastic - very luxurious. It was my husbands 60th birthday a few days before we arrived and it was mentioned in conversation on check in and when we came back in late afternoon there was complementary wine and a card. Food very good Staff great. Its the little touches that make it great even the umbrella in the wardrobe hopefully we will be back. The entrance hall is absolutely beautiful

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ROSEMARY R
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Rosemary R,

Thank you for the superb review of the Grosvenor, Victoria

I was so pleased to read that we were able to make your Husbands 60th birthday stay so memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Michael Parker – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (846)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Frankly, I was expecting this to be some snooty place on a glamourous address that has got "Buckingham Palace" in it.

Fortunately, I was proven wrong.

Location was great with direct access to the Victoria Station. Decor was immaculate. Room and bed was nice and comfy.

However, the best thing was the service. We arrived at 7 am after a 14 hour flight and the reception tried her best to check us and she managed to get us rooms. This is important because we were very worn out by the time we arrived in London. All the staff (including the doormen and the housekeeping folks) were friendly and polite. They really pride themselves to give the best possible stay for their guests. I would definitely stay at this hotel in my next visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KittyKatze
Dear KittyKatze,

It’s always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback regarding my team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Booked this hotel for an overnight stay after a visit to the O2. Excellent hotel. helpful staff, clean room. Had everything and more - even an umbrella in the wardrobe! I read a comment about lack of a hairdryer in the room but they obviously hadnt looked in the drawers! Lovely decor too. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lorraine J
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Lorraine J,

Thank you for the fantastic review.

I was pleased to read that you had a great trip to see Strictly at the o2.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

With it's own private entrance from Victoria Station, the hotel has fabulous decor, exceptionally helpful staff, and is in a great location. The room had everything we needed , including nice little touches like an umbrella, which was really useful. I would definately visit again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank seaneen m
Dear seaneen m,

Thank you for the great review of the Grosvenor

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Not long back after spending three nights with my Girlfriend at the Grosvenor and it was truly excellent.

The staff were all so friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home as soon as we arrived to whenever we checked out. There was great communication as I had emailed in advance of our stay with a request for a room in the main building, there was an instant reply and this was dealt with immediately. A special mention for Miguel the Concierge who was so helpful with any enquiries we had and pointed us in the right direction of places to visit. Top man!!!

It is very classy and the rooms were excellent with all your orders. The free wi-fi was spot on, very fast with reliable connection and the Bose iPod docking station was a nice touch.

The location is so central to everything with a small hall leading off the main foyer straight into Victoria station which has all the connections to the airports and the tube. Buckingham Palace is less than a 10 minute walk away as well as Billy Elliott and Wicked musicals being directly outside Victoria station (About a 2 minute walk)

I guess we are all guilty of complaining and not having time to compliment people on a job well done so that's why I felt I had to write my first review. I have already sent an email to the hotel to make them aware and to thank them.

When we return to London it wont be a question of where will we stay but what dates can the Grosvenor take us!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stephen P
Dear Stephen P,

Thank you for the fabulous review.

I have passed your kind feedback on with a special mention for Miguel

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The hotel is located in central London. Aside from being The Queen's neighbour, all transportations are very easily accessible, this includes the hop on hop off tour.

The butler is very presentable in his tall hat and accommodating. In a cold and snowy day, the butler is always awaiting by the door to greet guest and friendly passerby. When our cab parked accross the street, the butler did not hesitate to help us carry our huge luggage accross the street. The service is remarkably distinctive compare to other hotels. I strongly suggest to tip not less than 5-10 pounds, they are well-deserved.

The rooms are cosy, definitely no complain aside from the television which does not have pay per view. Free bottled water and daily buffet breakfast are absolutely great value. The variety of food and breakfast service are 5 star class.

Overall, too good to forget. I will definitely come back. Next year again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MichaelS_aus
Dear MichaelS_aus,

Thank you for the amazing review of the Grosvenor Hotel, Victoria

I was so pleased to read you had a great stay.

My e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com and please feel free to drop me a note if I can assist with a booking for next year!

scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Only stayed one night but wished it had been more! Staff were very friendly and helpful when I asked for extra pillows. Room Spotless and the foyer is stunning. Just a beautiful building and the food excellent. Plenty of tea and coffee with breakfast and a very good choice of breakfasts even for my fussy vegetarian daughter. Would recommend and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - we didn't have any noise but one reviewer mentioned the trains from Victo...