“A must remembered hotel...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grosvenor Hotel

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #174 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Sydney
“A must remembered hotel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The hotel is located in central London. Aside from being The Queen's neighbour, all transportations are very easily accessible, this includes the hop on hop off tour.

The butler is very presentable in his tall hat and accommodating. In a cold and snowy day, the butler is always awaiting by the door to greet guest and friendly passerby. When our cab parked accross the street, the butler did not hesitate to help us carry our huge luggage accross the street. The service is remarkably distinctive compare to other hotels. I strongly suggest to tip not less than 5-10 pounds, they are well-deserved.

The rooms are cosy, definitely no complain aside from the television which does not have pay per view. Free bottled water and daily buffet breakfast are absolutely great value. The variety of food and breakfast service are 5 star class.

Overall, too good to forget. I will definitely come back. Next year again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MichaelS_aus
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear MichaelS_aus,

Thank you for the amazing review of the Grosvenor Hotel, Victoria

I was so pleased to read you had a great stay.

My e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com and please feel free to drop me a note if I can assist with a booking for next year!

Michael Parker – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (846)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Only stayed one night but wished it had been more! Staff were very friendly and helpful when I asked for extra pillows. Room Spotless and the foyer is stunning. Just a beautiful building and the food excellent. Plenty of tea and coffee with breakfast and a very good choice of breakfasts even for my fussy vegetarian daughter. Would recommend and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - we didn't have any noise but one reviewer mentioned the trains from Victo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear confused555,

Thank you for the fantastic review of the Grosvenor.

It’s always a pleasure to receive such great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at this beautiful hotel for a few days last Spring. The location is excellent especially for its affordable price compared to other hotels in this area. It's walking distance to Buckingham Palace and to the West End Theater. The train station is right around the corner although we were informed there was an entrance inside the hotel. Staff is friendly, the room is compact and clean, and the view was okay.

I previously read reviews on here before booking and I did consider the negative reviews with my friend. Since we're the type of people who only need the place to shower and sleep, we overlook the negatives. We were booked in a room in the 2nd building where you have to take 2 elevators to get to. That didn't bother us, but we did get lost trying to get to the lobby on both days. It was just funny. The other complaint I read was about the sink. The little circle thing just needs to be pushed half way up for it to drain. We figured it out once we got there.

Our issue was when we were departing the hotel to the airport on our last day, the concierge ordered a taxi for us and was supposed to alert us when it arrived. While we were waiting in the lobby, the taxi was outside for 5 minutes and he was charging us by the minute. The concierge didnt inform us immediately and the driver refused to start the meter over. We thought this was unfair practice as this is of no fault of our own.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anna K
Dear livesimply17,

Thank you for you review of the Grosvenor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I have passed your note regarding your taxi on to my Concierge team to see where improvements can be made; I can understand that this must have been frustrating.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Grosvenor is right next to Victoria station (as in, it has an entrance directly from the concourse). Its foyer is magnificent. All of the staff are very professional (not stiff or stuffy tho). Breakfast is really good - it tastes better than most hotel buffet breakfasts. The ground-floor Imperial is a gorgeous space serving drinks and Oriental food. The champagne and cocktail bar overlooking the station is excellent and great value. So why only 4/5? Well, our 7th floor room had a nice view but was tiny. Basically, it had a bed with a 50-cm space to walk around the bed. We had to store the suitcases under the small desk as there was nowhere else (and no shelving in the tiny wardrobe). The en suite was by far the smallest I've ever seen, poorly designed with a large vanity unit forcing you to turn 90 degrees to reach the toilet or bath. Not advised if you are a "large" person. Despite this, we really enjoyed the stay and if you are not fussy about room size it would be hard to do better - and yes we would go back.

Room Tip: Just tell them you want the largest room available in the class you booked.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Brendan_Rossa
Dear Brendan_Rossa,

Thank you for the great review following your recent stay.

The Grosvenor dates back to 1862 and so our room sizes and shapes do vary quite considerably around the building.

Please do feel free to drop me a note if you are returning to London as I would be delighted to ensure we can book one of our larger Deluxe or Executive rooms for a future stay

My e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Grosvenor hotel and had a truly wonderful time, beautiful hotel, lovely staff, with first class attention to detail. Its location is very central and there even an entrance into hotel from Victoria station itself. This is the hotel we will stay in from now on for all our visits to London.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel, which of course meant we only had a view over rooftops but also...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alice B
Dear Alice B,

Thank you for the amazing review of the Grosvenor, Victoria.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here at the end of our cruise to spend some extra time in London. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and we found it to be conveniently located to sites and the tube. The only caution is to be careful when showering. The curtain appears to close but doesn't and water will flood your bathroom floor. The housekeeping was nice enough to bring extra towels and told us this happens frequently. Check-in was very easy although we wish we had some assistance in carrying our bags. The elevators were not conveniently located so we were forced to walk up various short staircases with our luggage to avoid zigzagging from the front of the hotel to our room location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn H
Dear Lynn H,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay following your cruise.

Thank you also for the note about the shower, my Head Housekeeper will investigate this.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Having stayed here for one night a few months ago, I was happy enough to choose the Grosvenor a second time for a weekend stay, especially as they now have free wifi! As I had disliked the small windows of my room on the previous visit, I requested a room with larger windows this time (this was misunderstood as wanting a larger room). I was offered a discounted upgrade to a double which I accepted and allocated room 567 (a wing room), which overlooked the station. Surprisingly this was much quieter than the room overlooking Buckingham Palace Road. It was however a very long walk from the lift.
I liked the fluffy towels, the free Wifi, a portable powerful hair dryer, (not attached to a piece of furniture rendering it impossible to see into a mirror, which so frequently happens!) complimentary bottled water and being able to make tea in a teapot! Check-in and check-out was efficient and helpful.
I thought the room was small for a standard double and breakfast still remains very expensive if not included in the room rate, so no maximum rating this time, but I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floors overlooking the station are quiet - there is a tannoy occasionally but only dur...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Figgysfriend,

Thank you for the great review, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your most recent stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon