The Grosvenor Hotel
Rosewood London(London)
$559
$416
4,569 results
All reviewsvictoria stationbuckingham palacereunion barwing roomchampagne barbeautiful hotelgatwick expressthe executive loungeafternoon teaan upgradebirthday treatlondon hotelbig benstayed here for one nightsingle roomhyde parkconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Grosvenor hotel and had a truly wonderful time, beautiful hotel, lovely staff, with first class attention to detail. Its location is very central and there even an entrance into hotel from Victoria station itself. This is the hotel we will stay in from now on for all our visits to London.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel, which of course meant we only had a view over rooftops but also meant that we had a very good nights sleep with no noise at all.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alice B
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Alice B,

Thank you for the amazing review of the Grosvenor, Victoria.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here at the end of our cruise to spend some extra time in London. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and we found it to be conveniently located to sites and the tube. The only caution is to be careful when showering. The curtain appears to close but doesn't and water will flood your bathroom floor. The housekeeping was nice enough to bring extra towels and told us this happens frequently. Check-in was very easy although we wish we had some assistance in carrying our bags. The elevators were not conveniently located so we were forced to walk up various short staircases with our luggage to avoid zigzagging from the front of the hotel to our room location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn H

Dear Lynn H,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay following your cruise.

Thank you also for the note about the shower, my Head Housekeeper will investigate this.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Having stayed here for one night a few months ago, I was happy enough to choose the Grosvenor a second time for a weekend stay, especially as they now have free wifi! As I had disliked the small windows of my room on the previous visit, I requested a room with larger windows this time (this was misunderstood as wanting a larger room). I was offered a discounted upgrade to a double which I accepted and allocated room 567 (a wing room), which overlooked the station. Surprisingly this was much quieter than the room overlooking Buckingham Palace Road. It was however a very long walk from the lift.
I liked the fluffy towels, the free Wifi, a portable powerful hair dryer, (not attached to a piece of furniture rendering it impossible to see into a mirror, which so frequently happens!) complimentary bottled water and being able to make tea in a teapot! Check-in and check-out was efficient and helpful.
I thought the room was small for a standard double and breakfast still remains very expensive if not included in the room rate, so no maximum rating this time, but I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floors overlooking the station are quiet - there is a tannoy occasionally but only during the day.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Figgysfriend,

Thank you for the great review, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your most recent stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went to the The Grosvenor for a weekend and it was a great choice.

- The main advantage of this hotel is the location. Next to Victoria station which means that it is a great location for both getting the tube and also walking around Buckingham Palace, Big Ben etc.
- The staff is really polite
- The rooms are spacious
- Breakfast has plenty of choices
- Really clean hotel

In general, it's a good choice if you want to stay in the centre of London.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petand

Dear petand,

Thank you for the great review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel was brilliant - my partner treated me to a two night stay here over Christmas, we arrived early but were able to check in regardless so weren't left waiting around. We got upgraded on arrival for an extra £50 to a lovely suite on the 5th Floor - it was beautifully decorated in the Lobby and the room was to a very high standard, the only thing i would say is that i'm glad we had an upgrade as rooms there I can imagine for a standard are quite small, however due to the upgrade this certainly wasn't an issue on our stay.

Reception staff were delightful and polite, and very helpful.

The hotel's location was fabulous, situated next to Victoria train and underground station, we took a coach up too which was a couple of minutes walk to get there - I have stayed in hotels in London far out of central London and it does take away the ease of a trip - not in this case it was perfect for all our sightseeing needs as we were out a lot during our stay.

All in all our stay was very enjoyable and I felt thoroughly spoilt here - I wish I'd known how reasonable the prices were too when i last booked a trip to London, I thought that somewhere that nice would be out of price range but it was very reasonable for somewhere so central and in comparison to another hotel I stayed in out in Battersea it would have worked out cheaper staying here and that experience was a pretty negative one!

Would rate this hotel very highly and would recommend to all wanting a bit of elegance in a central location.

Room Tip: When checking in ask if it's possible to have an upgrade - they will always look for you to see if it's possible and I think depending on the time of year this can be for as little as £20 extra. It's worth it for the bigger hotel room, as I think some of them may be a little small.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear kate s,

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Grosvenor, Victoria.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and don’t forget to keep an eye on our web site for the best prices and we offer a best rate guarantee on any bookings direct with us.