“Nice hotel with great location”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #207 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stay at the hotel for three nights in january, Upon arrival we stept into a absolutely amazing lobby. The reception staff and the consergie was very helpful. Standard twin room wasn´t so good as I thought it would be for a four star hotel. It´s small with a minimum of wardrobes for clothes. Noisy A/C. Maybe an upgrade would be better...
Best: Location, actually at Victoria station but quiet in the night. Realy easy to get around in London with this location.
Worst: A cup of hot chocolate orded in the tea room. Light brown water, but who travels to London for hot chocolate...
Overall a highly recommendable hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Totte6
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Totte6,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Please do feel free to drop me a note if you are visiting London again.

My e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com

Michael Parker – General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,297)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Grosvenor is huge and impersonal, set in a grand building next to Victoria station (with a back door onto the concourse). I've stayed a number of times, but had a couple of nights this month. The recent investment in rooms has paid off - much more comfortable, cleaner and modern. Still wouldn't eat here though - pricey - when there are better choices within a stones throw.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Edw0rd,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased that the recent changes at the Hotel have met with your approval.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at the grosvenor on a snowy January night.
Beautiful hotel and friendly staff.
Checkin was quick and bags were taken up to our room straight away.
Our room was clean and comfortable as was the bathroom.
We were staying for just one night, dinner and thearter.
We enjoyed two fantastic coctails in their coctail bar I recomend the Bloody mary made with vodca infused with smoky bacon amazing.
Its a wonderful building and is part of Victoria station.Which means getting around London is extreemly quick. Our room was on the station side so you could hear the tanoy but it doesnt go on all night and didnt wake us in the morning.If your a light sleeper maybe request a room on the other side of the hotel they are that friendly and profesional that I cant see it being a problem.
The only gripe was the size of the piece of furniture the T.V sat on ,its massive which makes walking around the bed a little tricky but more importantly you cant open the door halfway open which means you cant get the tray out that the coffee and tea facilities sit on,which is a bit daft.This could be easily rectified by replacing it with a smaller piece of furniture.
Check out time was 12 mid day which was nice and check out was quick and friendly,they kept all our bags whilst we went sight seeing.
The location is brilliant and we will definately be staying at this hotel when we return to London.
All in all we had a wonderful stay and we highly recomend it.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter on the other side of the station.

Dear chocky2lee,

Thank you for the great review.

I was pleased you were able to brave the snow for your Theatre trip

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here for a special anniversary, combined with a theatre trip to "Wicked" (just around the corner), attracted by a very favourable post-Christmas discount. Because my wife cannot use lifts, we asked for a room close to the ground floor, and were given a spectalular upgrade to an executive suite. What a fabulous room, and a fabulous time we had!
The room was comfortable and very well-equipped, the breakfast was excellent and we enjoyed a lovely late check-out, coupled with impeccable service from all of the staff we engaged with.
The only slight problem was that there were no instructions in the room for adjusting the air-con/heater controls, and we ended up with cold air being blown efficiently round the room (and this was in snowy January) until we turned it off altogether. It didn't spoil our stay, though, and were offered another complimentary upgrade next time we stay as an apology - such excellent customer-care!
We are very grateful to the Manager and all his staff for making the trip so wonderful!

Dear Watlingmusic,

Thank you for the superb review.

I was so pleased we were able to assist with your requests and make your Theatre trip one to remember.

Please feel free to drop me a note again next time you are visiting and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We fought through the snow to get to London on Friday, arrived went to The France show in Earls Court then made our way back to The Grosvenor, I walked in and it is beautiful the entance lobby with its amazing chandellier (ok I cant spell but you all know what I mean).
At check in we were greeted but a bright happy young lady, we were offered an upgrade which we accepted. During our conversation we said that we were in London for my husband Andrews birthday, i then went on to order a bottle of champagne on which the reception said she was going to sort something, when we got to our wonderful room we had a bottle of wine with card complements of the hotel, a very lovely gesture.
Our hotel room was lovely , spacious, lovely bathroom and the bed was MASSIVE.........
all spotlessly clean, quite, great temperature, I slept really well.
We had tickets to see Wicked in the evening a 2 minute walk round the corner as were trains and tubes.
The only stupid thing we missed out on was breakfast, we went to a pub round the corner called the Shakesphere the breakfast was disgusting i sent mine away. Should have eaten in the Grosvenor next time we will.
Overall a wonderful experience, thankyou
Sally and Andrew

Room Tip: If you get the chance upgrade for a bit more luxury (and a huge bed)

Dear Sally D,

Thank you for the great review.

It was great to read that you had such a memorable birthday weekend and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I booked a double room in readiness for a business meeting the following day. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who confirmed that we'd pre-paid for the room (£99 for full B&B), directed us to our room and asked if we needed help with our luggage (we didn't).
The room was large and well appointed. Lots of wardrobe space, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, bath robes, slippers, phone docking station, cable TV, large fluffy towels and lovely toiletries. IT was also very quiet. Breakfast was excellent with some of the most delicious back bacon I've ever tasted! We were told we could leave luggage with the concierge for as long as required after checkout - that was extremely helpful as it saved us having to lug cases to the car through the snow!
I have only a couple of tin quibbles - the toilet was very close to the bathroom wall!! and one pair of slippers still inside their wrapping were badly torn. Didn't matter as only one of us is a slipper-wearer!!
We'll definitely look at staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Liz G,

Thank you for the detailed review.

I was pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at the newly renovated Grosvenor Hotel over Christmas week and was delighted. The decor is Art Deco/Golden Age of Travel right down to the retro coffee/tea pot. The ceiling in my room was 5 meters high. That's 16 feet! Oddly though, my room had no dresser, but I found I could easily make do with the shelving in the wardrobe and the night stand drawers. Everything was very clean.
Conveniently located on Buckingham Palace Road, it's near the Royal Mews, and only a few yards from several nice pubs, which I recommend over the in-house restaurants. The Grand Imperial specializes in Asian food, of which I'm not fond, and the foodat the Brasserie was so-so. The back entrance to the hotel opens straight into Victoria Station so you can catch the Tube or a train without even going outside. This was nice for me because it rained on three of the days I was there.
The staff was most helpful and friendly.
Don't get this hotel confused with the Grosvenor House Hotel, which is more expensive and has one more star.
I got a nice rate by booking early, but I got more than my money's worth. I want to stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on 1st floor (above ground floor) on the Buckingham Palace Road side and I would recomme...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear lucyeylesbarrow,

Thank you for the great review.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to London