WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #200 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Ideal for business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed in a single room here for 3 nights, as my London office is a short distance away. In terms of location, it is great for me, and as it's joined on to Victoria Station (meaning you don't need to go out into the street), it's very easy to get anywhere else in the capital.

The staff were friendly and welcoming, the lobby of the hotel was nicely decorated in a traditional manner, whilst the room was a bit more contemporary. Although it was a small room, it had everything I needed in terms of facilities, and was very comfortable. The street outside is rather noisy, however, so take earplugs if you're a light sleeper!

The room was cleaned really well each day, and the bathroom and shower was nice. I would definitely stay here again if travelling on business, although the price seemed a bit expensive if I was actually paying out of my own money (but perhaps this is typical of central London).

The breakfast sounded rather too expensive, at £12, but the adjoining Victoria station has a huge range of better value options, so this wasn't an issue!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Dan K,

Thank you for the great review.

I was pleased to read that the Hotel suited your needs so well

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a leisure trip soon and don’t forget to book via our web site where we offer a best rate guarantee on all bookings.

Michael Parker – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in early January 2013. His company booked a "anniversary of the company" vacation for the upper management so they chose this accommodation. It was a very good choice. We were traveling with a large group (100+) and everyone had very nice things to say about their room and the service. The first night we ordered room service. It was delicious and prompt. The hotel connects to Victoria Station which gives one quick access to the "underground", London's subway system. We found this super convenient as we used the tubes alot to get around. The concierge's desk and reception was always helpful and friendly and gave good directions/advice when asked. When my luggage was misplaced at the airport, I was told to call the airline when I got to my hotel. The reception desk did a FANTASTIC job of helping me connect to the right person at the airport. They went above and beyond because they realized I was unfamiliar with international calling. We had breakfast every morning and it was first class. There was something for everyone, even vegetarian me. The rooms were clean and spacious, especially for European hotel rooms. It felt very first class. My husband and I are planning a return trip to Europe and will definitely stay here while in London.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor. I believe most of the renovations are complete because we did not he...
Dear jonandkate83,

Thank you for the excellent review.

I was pleased to read that you had a great stay and that my Front Desk team went above and beyond.

I look forward to welcoming you back and don’t forget to book via our web site where we offer a best rate guarantee on all bookings.

hartlepool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I got a fantastic deal to stay here for 1 night through LondonTown.com. I stayed in a single room as I was down in London for an interview. The room was very comfortable,clean and well maintained. My window however faced the Victoria Station and all the road works that is going on in the area so there was some noise, which I remedy by using ear plugs when sleeping. Apart from that minor moan this hotel is perfectly situated for all the Theatres, sights of London and some good drinking establishments nearby.It is very plush,has attentive staff, a small gym(which i used) and good food on offer at all the restaurants inside. I ate in the Brasserie which was of course expensive but the food was of high quality and really nice. I had a main course of fish and chips followed by an ice cream sundae, washed down with a couple of pints for £26. A really nice, high quality hotel which I would visit again next time I am in London...but with the wife!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the victoria station or take some ear plugs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tonysprings
Dear tonysprings,

Thank you for the great review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon

Maidstone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked the Grosvenor as a birthday surprise for my partner, who was very impressed from the first impression of entering the foyer, to the nice double room. Although our room was fairly small it was very nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable and we had all the facilities we needed. The staff were all very polite and helpful . As already mentioned the Grosvenor is in a great location for all the west end attractions and theatres and easy for train connections at Victoria station. Our room was on the inside of the hotel by the railway station which made us worry that we may get woken by train announcments etc, however this was unfounded as we never heard a thing, downside was that we never had a view from our window. Overall I would stay there again if wanting a great central hotel with a bit of luxury.

Dear KentClive,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read you had a great birthday break.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

dorset england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Grovensor is by far the best quality hotel we have stayed in whilst in london. From the moment you walk in, it looks amazing, very luxurious and the public areas are very clean, and well maintained. It feels very special, we went for both mine and friends birthday, and were very glad we chose this hotel. The reception manager was very friendly, as were other staff we met, and we were very lucky to have an upgrade to a larger room,which was at the front of the hotel. It was beautiful, very clean, with a very large bathroom for london, even a bath!
What is also great is that you can access the hotel directly from victoria station, and it is so well located for all of londons sights!
Thank you to all at the grovensor, we shall return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear storyman,

Thank you for the fantastic review.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were here as part of a group in December like we always are and this time was just painful. Normally I would rave about this hotel but our check-in was embarrassingly slow with our rooms not being ready and other such nonsense and our bags being lost for an hour!! (This was all after 3pm too s its not like we were early!)

But the most frustrating thing was that 3 out of 3 of the mornings we were woken by drilling and hammering and other such loud noises as they were doing up and renovating a few areas of the 5th floor.

We generally have great experiences at this hotel but this time, I may just stay somewhere else...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Steve G
Dear Steve P,

Thank you for your review.

I was concerned to read that you were disturbed during your stay.

Our renovations finished quite a few months ago and so I am unsure what this may have been if your stay was in December 2012 as mentioned?

I would be delighted to get some more information on this and of course to ensure that any future stay is more reflective of our normal standards.

My e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com and please feel free to drop me a note

Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a one night stay at the Grosvenor hotel whilst enjoying a sightseeing and theatre weekend break. We were so impressed with the hotel from the moment we walked in the entrance. The entrance was very grand and check in was quick and friendly. We were in a standard room (468) - very pleased we didn't pay for an upgrade as the room was a fantastic size and much bigger than we were expecting. Only slight niggle was the lack of hairdrier but this was no problem as we only stayed for one night.

The hotel was in a brilliant location - close to all major attractions, right next door to Victoria station and opposite the Victoria Apollo and Victoria Palace theatres.

We paid for breakfast which was well worth the extra. Breakfast was buffet style and there was lots of choice.

We are already planning a return trip to London and will definitely be staying in the Grosvenor hotel again.

Dear CandAR03,

Thank you for the fantastic review of the Grosvenor.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon