“Lovely Hotel ~ Much Class”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #229 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was our first trip to London and we stayed here one night-- it had so much charm and I am sure there has been much activity throughout the years...it is close to venues..Victoria Station-- down the sidewalk-- Buckingham Palace just about a 15 minute walk-- Harrods about 30 minute walk-- and Hyde park isn't far either-- there are 2 beautiful theaters close by also ---

1  Thank Phylly M
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Fizzyfill,

Thank you for the great Tripadvisor review.

I am pleased your short stay with us was enjoyable.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Michael Parker – General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,474)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have just come back from the UK where we stayed at the Grosvenor Hotel which is located right next door to Victoria Station which was no problem, no noise at all. We stayed for 2 nights before hiring a car & driving all around England Wales & Scotland & then another 2 nights before we flew home. It is a lovely hotel, very grand especially the Lobby. The staff are very good & the rooms are very clean, also the food was very nice. The first room we stayed in was very small, more suited to a single, but the second room we had was much larger & very nice. Our only problem was we couldn't get hot water for a shower or bath, only lukewarm, whereas the basin
water was very hot. It was quite cool whilst we were in London & a warm & inviting bath/shower would have been very welcoming. Overall though we could thoroughly recommend this Hotel for it's comvenience & helpful staff.

Room Tip: We had a standard room on our first stay, which was too small & a deluxe room ond our second sta...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear PhilliPerth,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable visit to London and the Hotel location suited your needs.

The bath/shower fittings in our refurbished bathrooms can be a bit tricky as the temperature controls are separate to the water flow. We are in the process of designing some clearer signage for this and thank you for the feedback.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future trip to the UK

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

we stayed at this beautiful hotel for 2 nights to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary when we arrived the hotel had very kindly upgraded us to an executive room which was lovely and they also had a very nice bottle of wine and a lovely card congratulating us. This was a big surprise and very much appreciated all the staff throughout the days we were there were very helpful Laurence an Wesley the concierges gave us some great tips on where to eat and other information and we found them very helpful. The cocktail and champagne bar is very nice and intimate for a couple of drinks again the staff in here were very friendly and attentive. Next time we visit London we will be coming back to this hotel we loved it and they made us feel very special the location is excellent and right beside victoria station is so convenient for getting to gatwick airport on the express

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear berginl,

Thank you for the great Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that we were able to make your 10th anniversary one to remember.

I have shared your kind feedback with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the hotel on the weekend, room absolutely fabulous, first time in executive room and very impressed. Staff looked after us well especially Ashleigh and Peter who worked in the executive lounge, they were very very welcoming and made us feel very relaxed and informed us of exactly what was on offer for us at the lounge. We feel they were excellent members of staff, they were both very much appreciated.
Check in was also very efficient even though we had to wait a few hours for our room we did not mind as we went out shopping. Have stayed a few times before at the hotel and will definately be going back in the future no other hotel comes with all you want and excellent location.
Thank you very much for our lovely stay

Room Tip: Room 436 very large and spaceous.

Dear Hopkins08,

Thank you for the fantastic Tripadvisor review.

It’s always great to receive such fantastic comments and I have passed these on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I travelled to London looking for a good 3 night break to celebrate a big birthday, and take in some theatre, good food and wine and that's exactly what we got. The service in the hotel was exceptional, with the staff very keen to please. We had a problem with our air con and reported it in the morning, when we returned later in the day, it had been fixed. Great location with the Victoria tube and railway within 100 yards of the hotel Thank you for making our stay so memorable an experience.

David & Yvonne Scott

Room Tip: Although in the busy centre, our room had very good sound proofing and so pretty quiet.

Dear DavidScottStamdrews,

Thank you for the great Tripadvisor review.

I am so pleased we were able to make your break special.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is absolutely lovely. From the first steps taking you away from the noise & bustle of the busy street into a grand, opulent foyer to the excellent rooms and wonderful cocktail bar you really do get excellent value for money; it is not cheap but it is worth it.

Each and every member of staff is courteous, friendly & efficient.

We don't often treat ourselves to a hotel for our trips into town but from now on when we do it is more than likely that it will be here.

Make sure you try out the Reunion Champagne & Cocktail bar; luxurious seating, wonderful service and cocktails to die for! Watch through the windows as the commuters hurry around Victoria Station while you relax with something cold and well mixed. Fantastically relaxing!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Christhewino,

Thank you for the fantastic Tripadvisor review.

It’s always great to receive such positive feedback and I have shared this with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed September 23, 2012

For the price charged, I had higher expectations for this hotel. It is beautiful and is located close to the Tube and trains. The service was very friendly, the room was clean. However, there were odd / irritating quirks. When I checked in, the clerk didn't inform me that my room was one of the "wing rooms" which is in an adjoining building and challenging to find if no one tells you where to look. So I was totally jet-lagged and traipsing around the hotel looking for my room. Not fun. Also, I paid for Internet service and was given a card but wasn't informed that the card expires after 24 hours. So I spent time troubleshooting my laptop when it didn't work, only to find out that my laptop was fine but the card was expired. Although the breakfast buffet is quite extensive, the service was very poor. There were often 3-4 servers in the room but they would be talking to each other or staring off into space and not servicing patrons. It was like we were all invisible them. Lastly, the paint in my room was rather odd. There were big areas on the walls where a different sheen of paint had been used - like someone was doing touch-up with the wrong paint. Good hotel but odd quirks.

Room Tip: The hotel is next to and above Victoria train station. Ask for a room that doesn't face a noisy...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Dorcas K,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you found my team to be friendly and that the location of the Hotel was convenient.

I have also asked my team to review your comments and thank you for the constructive feedback.

The Hotel layout can be a little confusing and so we have recently added additional signage and also included a plan on the Hotel key cards to make this easier for guests.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future trip to London