“Great night stay”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #207 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Stayed here last Sunday. Warm welcome and very quite. Room was clean and tidy. Can't say a bad thing about it.

Will be sure to come back

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,304)

Reviewed March 2, 2012

We spent a week end in this hotel at the end of january and we had a wondertful stay. The situation of the hotel makes a very easy access to the london transports. The staff were very helpful and the rooms well refublished. We highly recommend this hotel either for a business traveller as well as for tourists

• Stayed: January 2012
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Dear globus23,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was really pleased to read you enjoyed your stay

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occasion

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I paid in £101 in advance for my daughter to stay1 night in what turned out to be a small budget room. It was clean and functional but she couldn't sleep due to the noise of the announcements from the station below. 2 days later I noticed that a further £90 had been charged to my credit card for no reason and without authorisation. Despite contacting the hotel on 3 occasions (don't expect the phone to be answered quickly) and being told that someone would ring me back to sort out - I am still waiting. My advice would be if you are staying here, keep an eye on your bank statements!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Dear happydays19,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

Please accept my apologies for you daughters disappointing stay.

Because the building here dates back to 1862 our rooms do vary in size, our standard rooms are from 20 to 25m2, Deluxe rooms from 25 to 27m2 and Executive rooms a minimum of 30m2. I am sorry your daughter found her room to be small.

I was also concerned to read she had a disturbed nights sleep and I have asked for all of the double glazing to be checked as this has all been replaced and should offer a peaceful night.

I was also very disappointed to read your comments about the credit card charge, although I am pleased this has now been rectified I am sorry it was not addressed sooner

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you or your daughter back on a future occasion

Reviewed March 1, 2012

So..last weekend I found myself back in London. Theres only one place I really want to stay when in the city and that is The Grosvenor. I make no apologies for writing yet another review because it is in the interest of the tourist to know how GOOD and reliable this place is...its also in the interest of the Hotel and the staff who work hard to make it what it is..
Anyhow this time I upgraded £30 for a delux room. I stayed in 668 last month and this one 701 was smaller. However if you want peace, it is in a quiet tower of the hotel and really very good. As usual the room was spotlessly clean with new towels and bathrobes supplied. The heating system is great...I like lots of heat but you can control it and it works instantaneously..
I hear other reviewers complain of the staff and I scratch my head and wonder how and why. The reception people are always fabulous and this time Sonali and Peter were both fantastic in sorting out my room etc, etc.
I cannot say enough of concierge who always , always , always are so polite and helpful of any information that you need.
At this point I have to mention Dean who is the ops manager. You will see him around the foyer quite a bit. Other hotels would be impersonal, Dean makes time to chat and remembers my name from before ( I have never experienced this in any other hotel in London)
I have written of the actual position of the hotel before and it cannot be more helpfully situated near both tube and rail. It is also possible to walk to Sloane Square and Buckingham Palace and down the mall to trafalgar... I had lovely weather and this was the tonic I needed.
THis time I decided I would check out the food in the restaurants... Both are excellent. I had the cumberland sausage and mash in the Bistro one day for lunch and it was excellent as was the service, On the Monday evening I decided to try out the Thai restaurant and I ordered the beef with spring onion and ginger. Amazing is all I can say, freshly cooked and served hot.
Again I will say that I have stayed in many of the popular five star hotels in the city and many times I have found shabby rooms, tired decor and poorish service and over priced to boot. This place is perfect in so many respects , so much so that I no longer have to go searching online for the "right" hotel whilst staying in the city....because I have found it. See you all again very soon!
You dont have to wonder over booking this hotel....book it and with confidence....and make sure you write the review afterwards!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Musicgal05
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Myself and husband stayed here mid Feb for 1 night. We arrived early evening to be greeted by someone who can only be descibed as 'the most pleasant man in London', (wish i had got his name!). He directed us to reception which was not staffed at the time so the kindly gentleman went 'out back' to get someone to check us in.
Our room was on the 6th floor at the front of the hotel, a standard double room which was more than adequate for the two of us.The room was cold when we arrived but as we were going straight out again this didn't seem a problem. When we arrived back around 10pm the room & heated towel rail were freezing and although we had a fiddle to try and get it warm we just couldn't fathom out how the heating worked ! as it was late we gave up trying and just decided to jump into bed (to get warm) as we had to be up and out early, the tv had intermittent sound, which maybe we should of reported along with the heating, but wasn't a problem for us as we were too tired to watch it.
After reading the reviews of this hotel and being located on the 6th floor I was looking forward to getting some much needed peaceful sleep, this wasn't to be the case and the traffic noise did disturb me slightly.
To anyone who finds themselves checked into a room on the 6th floor, be warned that only 1 of the lifts goes up to that floor, the 1st one, the 2nd lift actually stops at floor 5 and you have to take the stairs the rest of the way up .... maybe this should of been pointed out to us when we checked in.
All in all though a lovely hotel in a great location, with generally helpful and exceptionally pleasant staff, especially the concierge. Will definately stay again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel L

Dear Rachel L,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you also for the note about the lifts, we will get this signage updated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grosvenor on your next trip to London

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Thank you for making our weekend an amazing 10yr anniversary. The room was fantastic and special, the Brasserie was delightful and the calves liver a must! Breakfast was ordered and good and all the staff were amazing.... to top it all the Grand Imperial restaurant was superb with the most amazing chinese I have had with unfaltered service. Would like to thank all the hotel for this stay and to the concierge for reccommending places for our late night stroll... Buckingham Palace at night is so romantic!

Room Tip: all rooms are different so depends on what level you choose...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cardiffview

Dear Cardiffview,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

It is always great to receive such positive feedback and I am pleased we were able to make your special anniversary and memorable one

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have stayed here around once a month for the past few months. The refurbishment has been terrific, the restoration of the reception area has been completed excelently, I sat for some time marvelling at the ceilings, molding, gilding etc. The rooms are very comfortable and luckily generally not too noisy. However, on occasion I have been overlooking the station and the noise does mean that I have not opened the windows which I do like to do. Staff are excellent and never fail to smile when they are passed in the corridors.
The breakfast however I have to say is poor. Toast always arrives after I have completed my meal rather than with it. Coffee is not good and the bacon looks so bad I have stopped taking it. If the hotle sorts out breakfast it would be excellent.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ScotlandSmiddy

Dear ScotlandSmiddy,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was really pleased to read that you have stayed with us on more than one occasion and that our restoration works meet with your approval.

Thank you for your feedback on breakfast, we have just introduced some changes to this and I am pleased to say the feedback has been good. Please do let me know what you think on your next visit.