“The Grosvenor,London”

Ranked #187 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Southampton, United Kingdom
“The Grosvenor,London”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

We booked a vip suite in this hotel for our silver wedding anniversary for a 3 night stay.
Accomodation was as described except the underfloor heating in the bathroom was not working, which made it uncomfortable as the outside temperature was -5C. We rep
orted the problem to reception but never heard anything about it again.The rooms are supposed to be sound proofed but on the second night we were kept awake by a nightclub opposite which played music until 5.40 am.We checked out a day early as we were so tired and just wanted to go home.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front of the hotel to get some sleep!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Dear ajames2746,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review.

Please accept my apologies that your silver wedding anniversary stay was not more memorable for the right reasons

I have asked my Housekeeping and Engineering team to check the under floor heating in all of the rooms, whilst this does only come on when the room is occupied this should indeed heat the bathroom floors quickly.

I was disappointed to read that you were disturbed on the second night of your stay, we have recently installed new windows and double glazing in our rooms which has reduced outside noise greatly, I have asked my team to review the noise levels this weekend to see if we can take any further actions to reduce this.

I am pleased to say that your disappointing stay is certainly not a true reflection of our normally high standards and please feel free to contact me personally to review your feedback further as I am sure on a future visit we would be able to restore your faith in the Hotel

My personal e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com

I look forward to hearing from you

Michael Parker – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (858)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

We decided upon this hotel for 3 reasons, reasonable price, location and the refurb. We had booked all delux rooms but this seemed to be a bit of a miss mass at check in and all the rooms i saw were of different size and location. We did not eat at the hotel as we had too many tastes to cater for though i did have the best gin based cocktail in many a time. One of the ingredients was lychees, yummy. The staff were very helpful, from reception to chamber maids and we even had to have an engineer for the heating but as it was way below zero and snowing outside we were a little cold but this was remedied very quickly. Overall i liked it, bed was comfy, tea coffee etc, bathrobes,slippers and elemis toiletries my favourite. I will definately stay again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear charlietraveller57,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that your girl’s weekend away was successful and that you were able to enjoy our new Champagne and Cocktail Bar, Reunion.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel

North England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed in The Grosvenor last year whilst it was undergoing modernisation. It was chosen as the best deal option through a Superbreak theatre trip. I was very impressed at the location.

When I needed another hotel in London this year, I didn't even bother looking at other hotels. I find London quite stressful and the last thing I need is to worry about finding the hotel or what it will be like. I was pleased I opted to repeat my experience. Yet again, great service, great rooms (so quiet considering next to station) and great location!

I wouldn't hesitate in staying there again - I just hope the price remains reasonable!

Dear LKG2008,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review.

It is always a pleasure to receive such feedback and I have passed your kind comments on to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on your next visit to London

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

What a lovely, exclusive and intimate venue at the Grosvenor Hotel, Grand Imperial. Victoria on Friday night.10th February 2012

The food is simply to die for, Dim Sum........ wow!! what more do I really need to say.

PianomanTim, he was playing out of this world Piano,jazz, blues his own style really, even got to speak to him afterwards.(.-------------------------) said I would look him up, Amazing vibes!!

Went upstairs to the Reunion bar - The Grosvenor is the new secret venue for those in the Know!! WHAT A WONDERFULL PACKAGE FOR US - I just had to say something.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

We got the room for a really cheap deal so we wern't expecting it to be very good but we were pleasently suprised.

As the title says the service we experianced was great, we didn't try any food or drinks but the reception and concierge service was all you could hope for.

The location is a stones throw from Victoria station and their are also a couple of theatres in the area currently showing Wicked and Billy Elliot. We saw Wicked and I can definitely recommend it, fantastic show.

The rooms themselves have character but are also well furnished with nearly everything you could require whilst on your trip, the only thing we couldn't find was a hairdryer but I brought one along so it wasn't a problem. They were spotless and the beds were comfy, big tv and we didn't experiance any noise from the nearby traffic or station.

Overall I would stay again for sure and at the price we paid we will extend the trip to London next time.

Room Tip: Get a travelcard from the station for unlimited travel on tube and buses within Zones 1 and 2.
1 Thank mand_88
Dear mand_88,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the trip to London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

This hotel is located in the centre of London directly connected with Victoria Station (Cirle and District lines). The atmosphere is modern with ‘grandeur’. This is however in many cases just the look. Reception was quite slow and it is remarkable that hardly any of the staff members speaks good English. The wing rooms are recently renovated, small but comfortabel. The gym is well equipped. I have to say that I did not expected a lot for the special offer of 100,60 British pound (double room per night) but I was not disappointed for a hotel located on such a good spot with excellent transport opportunities throughout London. I would definitely look again for the same offer and return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JAEMH
Dear JAEMH,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that your stay was good and that the location of the Hotel suited your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel

Retford, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on business for 2 nights. The hotel itself is grand and well fitted, rooms are fine, if a little on the small size. The bathroom is good and the shower one of the most powerful I have ever encountered.

Breakfast in the restaurant is a self service buffet with a reasonable choice, however, to obtain toast you need the patience of Job. I was swiftly seated in the restaurant and one of the staff poured my tea but when we asked him if I could have toast he stated that it was not his job and I needed to ask a waitress!!!! I found one whilst at the buffet and asked her for toast, only to be told that she didn’t serve my side of the restaurant. Unbelievable. More like a 1970’s demarcation dispute than a quality hotel. After eventually asking the restaurant manager, it took a total of 45 minutes to get this toast!!!!

Such a shame but bad enough to say I won’t be staying again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Terry57Retford_UK,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review.

Please accept my apologies for your disappointing Breakfast experience.

I have spoken at some length with my Restaurant Manager regarding your comments and have passed these on. We have ensured additional training has taken place with the team to ensure that all guest requests are dealt with efficiently.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to re-assure you of our normally high standards and please feel free to contact me personally if I can assist in any way.