9,544 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

This is not Hilton, but then Royal National dont have the prices of Hilton either. Its a great choice for the ones who want to stay really central without having to pay too much. Its a huge hotel, where lots of groups stay, lots of them being spanish students. So the noice level can be quite high, but rooms are still quite and provides a good nights sleep. Rooms are very basic, but clean and well maintaned. I never hesitate staying here, for work or just for exploring the city

Reviewed May 13, 2019

Stayed here for one night ,I have got to say I thought this hotel in a great position for the show we were going to which wasTina about a leisurely 15 min.walk.Exellent value for money I thought the rooms to be about the same standard as a Premier Inn.Breakfast was of a very high standard,There is also a pizzeria and pub on site.Would definitely use this as a base when we visit London again

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ImperialLondonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Royal National Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review and rating our Royal National Hotel 4-stars! We are delighted that our location was convenient for your stay in London, especially as we are just a few minutes away from Russell Square station. We also hoped that you liked dining at our Blooms Pizza Café and tried our new selections for lunch.

We thank you for recommending our Royal National Hotel and hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Kind regards,
Guest Relations Officer

Reviewed May 10, 2019

We had 3 nights here and although it is a very large hotel that caters for young Contiki travellers, it is well run and the staff went out of there way to help us, and very quiet at night.
The bars were good and the restaurants good enough if you want a reasonable meal after a long day out in London.
The only fault is its old and outdated and beacause they have so many rooms, in two seoerate towers, you need a road map to find your way around.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Booked this hotel as it is local to the hospital our son was being admitted to, on first impressions its ideally placed a short walk from Euston station or and even shorter walk from Russell square.

First impression were positive, well presented and clean. When entering reception area plenty of staff on hand. Checking in took too long than it needed to in all honesty.

Room itself was in fairness spot on, clean, tidy and well presented. Really could do with with more than one spare plug socket. Bathroom was clean tidy and has a fantastic shower. Our room over looked the enterence square and we kopped a fair bit of noise from the bars in the enterence square however this soon died down.

We all had a fine nights sleep and the beds were comfortable.

Please be warned that you will only get a poor continental breakfast and I mean poor. It is cerial, toast or bread rolls and a choice of one fruit. If you have booked bed and breakfast this does not include a cooked breakfast this is an extra £6 per person and boy do they make it known what you have paid for.

Bear in mind the toast is already toasted and sitting in a basket under a hot light light which needs cranking up as you have cold toast. Not even warm enough to melt the butter. Tea is premade and keep in an urn however this means it well stewed when you pour a cup. All in all very poor.

I have entitled this better of using an alternative as the cost of the is the same as alternatives however you get a lot more included for your money, bigger rooms and a reasonable amount of power sockets. Also with alternatives you will still pay for a cooked breakfast however they will discuss this with you either when booking or at check in and not leave you to find out when you turn up for breakfast. And there continental breakfast will actually be continental.

Poor show Royal National Hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ImperialLondonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Royal National Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for kindly taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at our Royal National Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as we always strive to improve our hospitality services for all guests to have a pleasant stay with us.

We appreciate your compliments regarding our clean rooms, showering facilities and central location. We will be sure to pass on your comments to our team to ensure that standards are always met for all guests.

However, we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and feel that a one-star rating represents your experience. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast. All our rates when booked directly on our website includes a full English breakfast. We do advise our guests who have booked with a travel agent on a continental-breakfast-basis-only, to upgrade to our popular English breakfast for a supplement of £5.25, if they would prefer a hot meal and more of a variety. This includes bacon, sausages, hash browns, baked beans, tomatoes, porridge, scrambled, fried or boiled eggs and toast. Our breakfast is generally praised by our guests, so we apologise if you did not enjoy it on this occasion. Following from your feedback, we have since passed your comments to our Chef and Purchasing Department, to review their current selections.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly at info@imperialhotels.co.uk if you would like to discuss any issues relating to your stay further.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Kind regards,
Guest Relations Officer

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I found this hotel location to be very good. You are basically in the centre of everything.
This hotel has a lounge bar so it can get very noisy during the night. You would hear people talking from your rooms. Unfortunately we were right above it so it was a bit of a pain. People would be loudly talking till 2 in the morning.
The room we had was a clean room. It was not big but not small either. You had the TV and even to make some tea. Clean towels every day. Only issue was the wifi. From our room it was horrible.
When it came to breakfast, they had a decent choice of food. Some of the staff were very polite as I use a walking stick as I have trouble walking they put me in an area for disabled people which is close to the bar. There was one rude lady (staff) which I politely asked her to bring me a fork as they were all taken. I could barely walk and she was about to send me way on the other end for a freakin fork. Af the time a male staff brought me a fork instead. She was rude which I obviously had to make a point about it to her!
The only bad thing I can say is that the beds for me (due to my health conditions) was very very very uncomfortable.
Other than that it was not a bad hotel at all. You are surrounded by parks, restaurants, supermarkets, car rentals, currency shops, gift shops and even a museum.
A lot of the staff are very polite and also helpful. One of the cleaners even offered to help me walk as I was struggling very bad.

Trip type: Traveled with family