“One night stand.”

Royal National Hotel
Ranked #875 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed only one night with my 3yr old son. Rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. Central location and the reception staff were kind and playful with my kid with was nice.
This was a free stay paid for by GOSH so I can't comment on value.
Not the best but nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Royal National Hotel

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've been in National Royal Hotel with my wife for 4 days in april, 2013. The room is good, with good space and comfortable beds, although they gave us two single beds, even knowing that I asked for a double bed. However, the bathroom is very small, and the towels need to be replaced urgently. Besides, despite we went to London in a cold season, the room heating was too high, and the room was very hot. There were no way to low it down, and we had to let the windows open during the day, to fresh it in the night. Another bad thing is the noise in the corridors. It seems that there was a students excursion, and the noise they made during the night was high. It didn't avoid us to sleep, but it could for some people. The hotel is very big, and the direction signs in the corridors are poor, so we can easily get lost when going to the room, or to leave the hotel. There is an included breakfast, but it is not good, there is just coffe, tea, an orange or apple juice, toasts (it was cold when I got it), just a couple of fruits and butter to use in the toast. For 5 pounds, you have an english breakfast, but I did not tried, because I thought it expensive. There is Internet just in the lobby, and always a lot of people using it, so there is never enough chairs. The hotel is well located, close to the British Museum and to the Russel Square metro station, from where we can easily go to the turistic atractions. Anyway, I think this hotel costs more than it worth, but the location is good and should please those who use the hotel only to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JoeyGustavo
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We recently stayed for three nights in the Royal National Hotel in London. While the rooms were basic and clean, the staff were grouchy. They were stern, unhelpful and very unfriendly. I would have understood if we had been difficult guests or complained but, that was not the case. I would not stay there again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lois S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is very centrally located in Russell Square. It is a good, safe area with many restaurants and bars. There is also a Tesco and Waitrose supermarket.

The Royal National is just a few minutes walk from Russell Square tube station.

This is a large hotel that often caters to tours. We had a refurbished room in the north building. There are two buildings on each side of a courtyard. The room was very quiet and comfortable.

Carlos, on the front desk, went out of his way to make sure we were comforable and happy with our room.

A continental breakfast was inlcuded. You can get a hot breakfast for an extra 5 pounds.

I would definitely stay at the Ropyal National again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Room at the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LadyDi48
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 night as part of rail package, the hotel is in an excellent location with approx 30 min walk to London eye. Right outside the hotel there are open top buses that for £31 you can use unlimited for 24 hours, altho last one was at 8. Because we arrived later we didn't bother so we walked round all the sites and because it was lovely weather it was very enjoyable always something to look at, I highly recommend the London eye at night time. Also if u travel by train print off 2 for 1 vouchers online and you'll save alot of money. I also recommend the Thames boat, unlimited for £15 a day! It has many stops along the Thames. Due to us in London for a gig and sightseeing we were very rarely in the hotel but it was clean and staff really friendly. The hotel is massive but has lifts. There is a £5 charge for a fully cooked English breakfast. I would def return here and London is a beautiful city :)

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The worst hotel I've stayed at ever.

Horrible beds, service and breakfast. Expensive. Lots of people as well and paper thin walls providing no soundproofing.

I'd recommend booking a hotel a bit less central and use the tube more.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Sashall
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed here with a friend Sat 27th April and in MY opinion it wasnt cheap compared to hotels we have stayed in before, £117 for a twin room for one night and breakfast, the room was small and shabby, tiny bathroom, no extras like shampoo etc, not even a toilet brush...which surely is the norm in all hotels, the walls were paper thin, to the point where I could hear a conversation after 12 midnight from the next door room, AND the TV which kept me awake, as for the breakfast, NO organisation at all cafe type tables and chairs NO cutlery or anything on the tables, coffee from a machine etc... it was like a factory Canteen... horrendous and my friend and I usually love to spend an hour eating and chatting over breakfast, we couldnt get out of there quick enough, I dont usually like to give bad reports but if you are a group of ladies or a couple looking for a nice place to stay it AINT here.... the only plus side for me was it was very central and easy to get everywhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends