4,913 results
All reviews hyde park theatre bar club room lillie langtry queensway tube station central line kensington gardens rooms are small notting hill beautiful hotel single room public areas reception area breakfast was excellent an upgrade breakfast room afternoon tea
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019

Received afternoon tea for two voucher through Groupon for Xmas gift. Hotel looks very nice tea for two was very good. Seating area great staff very attentive. There was a lot of people with the tea for two offer. I was disappointed as there was an extra surcharge on top of the actual Groupon Gift. I was not made aware of this when i called the hotel to book. The hotel would have received a lot of surcharges for the amount of people that was in attendance!

Room tip: Afternoon Tea for Two
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2019

Dear Ebayqueen2015,

Thank you very much for having taken to TripAdvisor to share this lovely review! I am delighted that we were able to provide you with a good experience on this occasion. Having said that, i was somewhat surprised to see that you were not aware of weekend surcharge which is indeed advertised on the websites. I will surely speak to my team to check about this and look forward to personally welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

We booked the deluxe room for 3 nights stay to celebrate my partner’s birthday.

The reception staff were nice and the hotel vibe were very warm and welcoming. The lobby area was really classic and cool. Our room were to European size standard although quite old furnitures.

The location were just perfect, walking distance to the Queenway and Bayswater stations. And Hyde park across the street.

The reason why I can’t give a 5 stars is because our room floor were super squeaky, just everywhere you walk it squeaks, it was funny at first but on the second day it gets very irritating.
We didn’t want to complain or move because we can hear the floor squeaks on next room and also on the restaurant, so I guess the hotel is just old. We were on 502.

Overall nice staff, great location.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear vanhaihoangluu,

Thank you ever so much for having shared this wonderful review! I am absolutely thrilled to see that the quality of the service received as a result of number of factors within such as our customer oriented team, range of service provided during your stay, our prime location, has exceeded your exceptions in all fronts and contributed to an enjoyable stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time your travels take you to London, and it would be my pleasure to personally assist you in any way possible to ensure another great experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Very useful location sandwiched within 2-3 mins walk of both Queensway (Central Line) and Bayswater (Circle / District Lines), with Hyde Park / Kensington Gardens almost opposite and convenience stores and restaurants a few steps away.

External facade and reception / lounge / bar areas really impressive, staff polite and welcoming, but the part that mattered (our room) much less so.

Booked a deluxe room but on check in we were advised we'd been upgraded to a "club room" and indeed it said "club room" on the door, but upon being shown in we were immediately disappointed. This rather gloomy and small semi-basement room looked out onto a service stairwell and a pile of laundry bags. It made us wonder what an ordinary room would have been like if this is supposed to be two grades higher! Website says club rooms have fruit, robes, slippers etc. but none provided. Also no flannels (facecloths), shoeshine kit, iron / ironing board or full length mirror. Tea, coffee, milk and biscuits provided. Little more than two feet of clear space either side of bed and not much more at the foot. Bathroom adequate.

Was OK for our short stay and self-service breakfast good, but we usually get much bigger, brighter, better equipped and more contemporary rooms at this price point.

In summary, would only stay here again for the location, not the rooms.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Extraordinary784033,

Thank you for having taken to Tripadvisor to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was sorry to see however, that as a result of the size of your room, your stay was less than perfect.

I hope you would understand & appreciate the fact that Grand Royale London Hyde Park is a highly listed building which is almost 200 years old & the rooms can seem small due to their nature and the modern design being done in the bedrooms. We do advertise the room pictures and dimension on the website for travels to know what they are booking. Had we known, you were not at all satisfied with the given room, we would have arranged an alternative solution to make you more comfortable

Should you change your mind, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, as it would be my pleasure to personally oversee your future stays and ensure you will be provided with a room suitable for your needs.

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

I was very excited when I found this hotel for my birthday night away. It had everything we were looking for. Classic charm and beauty.
When we arrived we were told there was a problem with some rooms and we would be staying it a different hotel down the street. This hotel had none of the luxury or beauty of the Grand Royal.
The room was sufficient so we agreed to stay as we had a busy schedule and limited time so just accepted it, these things happen.
It became apparent that this happens a lot - overbooking appears to be the real problem and they use the other hotels for the over flow.
Apparently the breakfast would make up for it - it did not! The kitchen staff were rude and the breakfast was of poor quality. So I am posting this review so that people are made aware of this and know they may be move to a hotel that they did not choose! Very disappointing!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank livvy72

Dear livvy72,

I was very sorry to hear about the inconvenience and subsequent frustration you experienced as a result of the maintenance issue we suffered on the day of your arrival. Although I am pleased to see that ultimately we were able to provide a room for you, I fully empathise with the fact that this was a poor start to your London experience; I am keen to discuss this in more detail with you, and accordingly would tremendously appreciate it if you could contact me on ankur@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

I hope to hear from you soon, and in the meantime, wish you well.

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here recently for 1 night with my daughter for a birthday visit to London. I had contacted the hotel to ask for a room at the front on a high floor and mentioned that it was both our birthdays. When we arrived we were surprised to find the hotel had upgraded us to the Lily Langtry suite, the suite is lovely with a 4 poster bed and a huge bathroom. There was also a box of chocolates, a bottle of wine and a handwritten card from the duty manager welcoming us. What can I say this made our visit so special, the staff we met were friendly and helpful and the communication prior to arrival was great. A big thank you to everyone.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear nickis94,

Thank you ever so much for having shared this fantastic review!

I was pleased to see that our team was able to upgrade your room category on your special occasion which you have thoroughly enjoyed. We will pass on your feedback to the rest of the team & your motivating & encouraging feedback will act as a benchmark for us to maintain at all times.