“Great city break hotel”

Grand Royale London Hyde Park
Ranked #272 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 6, 2013

On arrival at the hotel we were amazed at the reception area. The wooden panels and ceilings are worth a visit alone. The hotel was truly beautiful, staff very friendly. Room was small but extremely comfortable and well equipped. Would recommend if sight seeing and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
AnkurSehgal, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you staying with us at the Grand Royale.

We are pleased to know that your stay with us was pleasant and your feedback will be shared with the team which will help us to maintain our service level.

We hope to see you back some time in future and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

There are newer reviews for Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were moved here because the Hotel Shaftesbury Metropolis at Paddington apparently had no water in the club room we had booked (I think they had just overbooked myself) anyway we were given a free taxi to this sister hotel. On arrival it is a very imposing oak panelled reception area and all the downstairs rooms were like that. The room we were given was room 115 it was TINY ! The best bit was that the air con was very good and it was newly decorated but bathroom was so small and also the bedroom too. It was up a back staircase with no lift access to that and the view was out onto the dustbins at the back! Breakfast was ok.Convenient to Queensway tube station.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms dont have lift access.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alisonbass

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Fantastic entrance and reception area, BUT rooms don't match - Rooms expensive, small and damaged in a few places eg cracks in bathroom tiles, dents to wall.
On check in staff made us wait while they talked amongst themselves.
Taxis they ordered for us on on our departure was a lot more expensive than the London cab we had used .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Saz1993
AnkurSehgal, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A colleague and I travel to London +-1 week a month from South Africa and I have no hesitation recommending it as a fantastic, well priced business hotel in this price bracket. The establishment oozes charm and character, is exceptionally well located 1 minute walk from the nearest tube station (Queensway), Hyde Park and Bayswater restaurants and shops. The breakfasts are delicious, staff are very helpful, all in all a positive experience. The only caution is the size of the entry level single rooms, very small and difficult to navigate!

Room Tip: Don't get the entry level single room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sparks58
AnkurSehgal, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you staying with us at the Grand Royale.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

When I first walked into the lobby, it really amazed me. This hotel does have a vintage english smell from the old furniture & paintings on the wall. The staffs are friendly and I love the bowl of fruits by the reception counter as I grab an apple every single day before I head out and after I came back from the day.
I was a little bit disappointed as the lobby were quite spacious and warmly but when we got into the room, it was pretty small. If you are a 190cm, you might have a problem walking along the corridor and lets not say when you are in the room itself. My husband is a 183cm guy and he already had slightly difficulty moving around in the room. Nevertheless, they kept the room clean and provided simple amenities.
I'll say it's a good stay if you spend the entire day in the city and just to come back to the hotel to wash up and sleep. But if you are looking for classy and spacious, look somewhere else. =)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your very kind words on your recent stay at The Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I was delighted that we met your expectations in all aspects of your stay. Please do come back and see us again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a wonderful time in the suite and exploring the finer places of London. It was back in 1995 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Walking distance to Bayswater and Hyde Park.
Once the home of the infamous Lily Langtry, and I had a bath in her bath. Beautiful historic building in a very cosmopolitan area of London with a vast variety of restaurants and shops.
I would definitely recommend hotel, but can only review from staying in the suite which was like a little bit of history to me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Our mission is to make your stay memorable in every way, and your comments will provide us with the information we need to maintain our high level of service.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Grand Royale London Hyde Park in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Beautifully located right by Kensington Garden and convenient (2 short blocks) to 2 tube stations- I would definitely recommend this cute and quaint hotel. Room was small- but very nice- plenty big for my husband and I. Staff was helpful. We didn't do the buffet breakfast so I can't comment on it. Being your jogging shoes and enjoy a gorgeous morning run or stroll through the park right outside your door.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.