“Great Hotel”

Grand Royale London Hyde Park
Ranked #263 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Staff extremaly helpful, hotel very clean and looked after. Great housekeeping and the rooms are lovely. Had a slight issue with my reservation not being on the hotels system however management sorted that out for me within minutes! Staff very friendly and professional.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JacobPeter
AnkurSehgal, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory in every aspect and was comfortable too.

Your comments will be shared with the team so we can keep up the superior service we aim to provide to all our guest.

We will look forward to welcome you back to provide you the superior service and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel is in a wonderfully rich period building, and the management has done a great job retaining the details (especially in the lobby and common areas).
The rooms - though small - were recently renovated, and the bathrooms modern and clean.
The hotel is also mere steps from Hyde park and two underground stations (Queensway and Bayswater).
The only potential drawback is that the room sizes (at least the one I was assigned on my stay) are smaller than small. Perfectly serviceable for a solo traveler, but don't plan on sitting anywhere but on top of the luxurious bed itself! If traveling as a family be sure to confirm the room size.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mosquini

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory.

Being one of the heritage property, highly listed building and modern design done in our rooms, we do tend to struggle with our room size although we do have larger rooms available.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel is in a great location, very comfortable room and helpful staff. Was staying for a 40th birthday celebration and was made to feel very welcome.
Lovely breakfast in a stunning room in the morning.
Highly recommend

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a lovely view of the strrets rows of Georgian buildings.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your very kind words on your recent stay at The Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I was delighted that we met your expectations in all aspects of your stay. Please do come back and see us again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I wish hotels would employ who could understand and speak English well, also understood customer services.

I have stayed at this hotel twice and 2 diferent experiences

first experience was good - the rooms are nice - yes small but the free water and fruit bowl and decor made up for it. the breakfast was good but do remember to ask them to cook any other form of eggs you want. do not expect them to be there.

it would better if the sausages and what the percentage of meat was in them was advertised and also also have more than more sausage
hotels often do not buy quality bacon and this was just ok
the hotel used to belong to a rich weathly woman and she lived in part of it, it is a beautiful house with great ceillings - stain glass windows and pillars etc and so much character.
the restaurant is a good example of that.
my first stay was good and good customer service and the second was awful
1. If they knew the room had not air conditioning why give that room to me - it was discourteous to say the least and they knew what they were doing.

2. Even animals in cars must have a window open in hot weather or they are fined, so how does that make me feel to find I am in a extremely hot room and to make it worse underground with the windows shut.

3. I am sure most of the other windows open and if mine had it would have made a huge difference.

4. so I had 2 nights in that heat and they could not even get a fan for the next day.

5. I was not offered any other room when I complained many times or a transfer to another of the chain hotels and therefore that is a huge area where the customer service was dreadful.
this was also on one of the hottest days of that year too
I had to write many emails to get just 50% payment back and the offer was only with an upgrade which was cheeky. they need to offer better customer service as the hotel offered nothing until I complained in writing 3 times
no bowl of fruit and water on second trip

Room Tip: choose your room carefully and make sure the heating and air conditioning work
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hotel brilliant reception great bar staff was brilliant. Waitresses need more training great historic architure location excellent easy for underground station. Would definitely use again. The room was small club room but fine for little people no good if you are of larger proportion. Hyde park opposite you can enjoy a lovely stroll.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us.

We will surely take a note of your feedback with regards to a waitress services which will help us to deliver excellent customer service.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is in an amazing spot in London- nearest tube stations are Bayswater and Queensway, giving you a wide variety of lines within 2 minutes walk of the hotel. The hotel is on Inverness Terrace; a 1 minute walk takes you to the gates of Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens. Kensington Palace, which is a must-see attraction, is probably a 10 minute leisurely stroll from the hotel.

The hotel itself has an impressive facade and a truly beautiful reception and lounge area. The staff upon check-in were very helpful and friendly; the hotel also offers a left luggage service which is great when checking in or out. The room itself (we stayed in 508 on the 5th floor, in a standard double) was very small but modern and clean. The bed was very comfortable. There is a secure in-room safe, a small dresser with hairdryer, and a flat screen television on the wall.

The bathroom is equally small but has Grohe fittings; in our room it was slightly tired (the soap dish and sink had seen better days, both of them having cracks in them), but still very functional and great for single travellers or tourists not wanting to spend much time in the room.

Breakfast in the morning was served in an equally impressive room on the second floor. There was a wide variety of cold and hot breakfast options; the food was generally of a higher quality than expected.

Overall, the special decor of the communal areas and the incredible location make this a great hotel for shorter visits to London. The price we paid (£142 for the room and breakfast) made it very good value for a weekend stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter. Access to the 'Club Lounge' does not appear to be worth...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner for one night during May half term. We booked the hotel as there was an offer on laterooms for the room plus breakfast for about £130, which we thought was great for a '4 star' hotel.

The hotel was ok. Clean enough but not spotless. The room itself was absolutely miniature! I've never been in a room so small. You literally could not walk around the bed, you had to climb over it to sleep on the far side! You also could not sit on the desk seat as it was so close to the bed.

Service was ok. We were allowed to check in early which was nice as some London hotels are not happy about this! However, in the morning we went down to breakfast and were told we had not paid. My partner assured the waitress we had but she said it was not her problem and she would check with the receptionist. The waitress then came back and told us reception had confirmed we had not paid. My partner had to go down to the desk to show our confirmation email. They were very apologetic but obviously this had an impact on our relaxing break!

The location is good- located between two tube stations (2 min walk from each).

Overall the hotel is ok but definitely not 4*!!!! I don't think I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service.

We are sorry to hear about the incident at the breakfast . We value your feedback & will try our best to use it in the most possible constructive manner.