I wish hotels would employ who could understand and speak English well, also understood customer services.
I have stayed at this hotel twice and 2 diferent experiences
first experience was good - the rooms are nice - yes small but the free water and fruit bowl and decor made up for it. the breakfast was good but do remember to ask them to cook any other form of eggs you want. do not expect them to be there.
it would better if the sausages and what the percentage of meat was in them was advertised and also also have more than more sausage
hotels often do not buy quality bacon and this was just ok
the hotel used to belong to a rich weathly woman and she lived in part of it, it is a beautiful house with great ceillings - stain glass windows and pillars etc and so much character.
the restaurant is a good example of that.
my first stay was good and good customer service and the second was awful
1. If they knew the room had not air conditioning why give that room to me - it was discourteous to say the least and they knew what they were doing.
2. Even animals in cars must have a window open in hot weather or they are fined, so how does that make me feel to find I am in a extremely hot room and to make it worse underground with the windows shut.
3. I am sure most of the other windows open and if mine had it would have made a huge difference.
4. so I had 2 nights in that heat and they could not even get a fan for the next day.
5. I was not offered any other room when I complained many times or a transfer to another of the chain hotels and therefore that is a huge area where the customer service was dreadful.
this was also on one of the hottest days of that year too
I had to write many emails to get just 50% payment back and the offer was only with an upgrade which was cheeky. they need to offer better customer service as the hotel offered nothing until I complained in writing 3 times
no bowl of fruit and water on second trip
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda and Montcalm Hotel (London) Ltd & Precis Properties Ltd so you can book your Grand Royale London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury London Hyde Park
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park England