“Excellent”

Grand Royale London Hyde Park
Ranked #272 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice hotel in the very british spirit.
Confortable room althought a bit little, nice bar salon with confortable " club " armchairs.
4 stars services.
Nice location , close to Hyde Park, Nothing hill Gate and Oxford Street.

Perfect for business or week end break

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
AnkurSehgal, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

There are newer reviews for Grand Royale London Hyde Park

Reviewed April 6, 2013

we stayed in the hotel over the Easter weekend and it was very cheap for the location over a bank holiday. the staff where lovely and very helpful even if there English was a bit ropey at times. the bell boys were very good and very helpful. the room its self was small however it was a nice room and very tidy only bad point is the bath room bin was half full but soon rectified by the staff once they were made a were of it. when we booked we opted for the breakfast where as are friends didnt and it cost them £60 for four breakfasts. the breakfast its self was on the money and really good it was also self service and all you can eat i recommend the sausages they where lovely. on sitting down in the restaurant the waiters bring you over a pot of tea or coffee and its a very chilled atmosphere witch is good with a hang over. all in all i give it a 10/10 and would recommend this hotel its also a 2 min walk from the queens way tube so its good for logistics

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
AnkurSehgal, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Our mission is to make your stay memorable in every way, and your comments will provide us with the information we need to maintain our high level of service.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Grand Royale London Hyde Park in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was my second visit and I will definitely use this hotel again. Very near tube stations, warm, friendly, excellent breakfast,clean and efficient. Rooms small but compact. Really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us again at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory in every aspect and was comfortable too.

We will look forward to welcome you back to provide you the superior service and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel itself is beautiful and has its own charm. The room I stayed in on the 1st floor unfortunately had stairs in them. I don't quite mind walking up the stairs to the 1st floor (there were no lifts to that particular floor) but having stairs in the room, like a loft, was quite weird. I don't recommend this if you don't feel like climbing up stairs in order to get to your bed (the toilet was on the lower ground.)

The hotel is a 2-3mins walk away from the Bayswater area (literally behind the hotel) and there are several tube stations in the vicinity (Queensway, Bayswater, Lancaster Gate) hence it was very easy to travel. Lots of Halal food in the area as well for Muslims. The location is very convenient in terms of travel and eating out.

The reception was helpful enough but the staff looked at my mother who carried a heavy baggage when we checked out (to go down more stairs) and did not help out. The service was very average but the rooms were nice enough.

Room Tip: Choose a room with no stairs in them!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AmiraA751

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Having read many of the "recent reviews" over the past years, I was a bit worried about the quality of this hotel. Quite many of the TRIPADVISOR mentioned that this place was a no-go though its phantastic proximity to the two nearest tube stations (Bayswater & Queensway) as well as the close distance to the Hyde Park.
Luckily, it turned out to be a perfect location - and hotel - the room was small (# 510) but the the refurbished ones on this floor were excellent in terms of cleanliness, neatness, etc.
Value for money - including VAT & breakfast - was perfect - hope that this standard will last in future, so that I will book this hotel for my forthcoming London visits, again!
Ambience of the breakfast room, the first floor as well as the lobby and bar were great - having experienced and relished the Edwardian/Victorian style. Hope to hearing from a subtile newsletter from this hotel ...
Only negative: Very small rooms to stay in - that's all ...
Cheers,
Manfred Kleimann
Kassel, Germany

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the 5th floor ...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
AnkurSehgal, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed our refurbished rooms, cleaning service and the breakfast.

Being one of the heritage property, highly listed building and modern design done in our rooms, we do tend to struggle with our room size although we do have larger rooms available.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had a fantastic stay at Grand Royale. The building is very impressive both inside and out. The staff were friendly and were asking about my stay and if everything was satisfactory. I stayed in a suite which had a lovely well fitted bathroom, a 4 poster bed and all the amenities. There was a bottle of wine and fruit basket on arrival which was great touch. After check out they offered to hold my bags until I got the train which saved my carrying a bag around london all day. Many thanks to the staff for great night.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My family recently stayed here for 6 nights. At first we had 2 twin rooms which were too small and not very nice. Then we moved to two double twin rooms which were much better and were comped free breakfasts for a mix up in rooms. The beds were really comfy. Really liked the in room tea and cookies daily. The location was close to Kensington gardens and Hyde Park. The breakfast was delicious and something for everyone. If only one fault would be the rooms could be a bit cleaner. Looked like the room doors hasn't been washed in awhile but all in all a great stay

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

We pride ourselves of maintaining high standards within our housekeeping department however your comments will be shared with the relevant department so the issues addressed will be looked into.