“Great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 9 Inverness Terrace, London W2 3JP, England (Notting Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 3 NIGHTS GET 12% OFF
Ranked #273 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Rome, Italy
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

It is exactly what I expect from an Hotel in London. Tipical British atmosphere, great decoration, very good breakfast, kind and professional personnel.
Value for money is very good.
The only weak point is the dimension of the rooms. I tested only the single. Hope the double will be different.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 17, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Ankur Sehgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dundee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you want to stay here, you'll have a better chance if you book another hotel in their group. Having had this hotel booked in advance, I cant really offer any details on anything other than the rudeness of the staff, I never saw the room as we were told they were full! After my pregnant girlfriend and I walked some distance to find the hotel, we were told a room was available at a sister hotel a 3 minute walk away so we just took it. There were other people also there complaining about this. They offered to arrange a car to take us when I asked about the exact location of the sister hotel, the Hyde Park Premier London Paddington. (thats another bad review) Then they gave me some line about the taxi firms phone not working and offered a member of staff to walk us there, It was actually 10 mins away and further away from our friends hotel. They Obviously have an unofficial policy of taking your booking regardless of actual availability then moving people about later as they turn up. They know most people will just take the alternative and despite the odd bad bad review they still make more money.

4 Thank ScottShields
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Value for the money ! clean and newly refurbished rooms ! I have stayed in this hotel about 10 times and most rooms are fine. There are some rooms where shower glas wall is so small so it is more or less impossible to avoid that the floor gets wet ! The breakfast is excellent but served from 7.00 personally I would prefer 6.30 ! The price/night varies a lot depending on when you are booking and time of the year. My experience is that the prices gets better if you book late but of course at risk that the hotel is fully booked.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

As others say this hotel overbooks and takes you to another hotel and offer a room in the cellar.
Even the normal hotel rooms are small after making a scandal that we want our booked room. A maffia to avoid by all means: even the employees admitted. stay away....by all means

Room Tip: check ratings on tripadvisor and just look at the bottom
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Trfreasor

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here in November 2012 with my partner as part of a party of 10. The hotel itself is lovely, very smart from the outside and the period features are beautiful. However, the customer service from the front desk staff left a lot to be desired. The young gentleman who checked me in was slightly rude and even cut me off mid conversation to speak to another guest. Less then impressed!

The room was reasonably sized and clean, my only issue with the room was that we were located on the lower ground floor and seemingly just under the lobby because all night and morning we could hear anyone that walked above us.

Overall, it did what it said on the tin and breakfast was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 19, 2012

Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I must say that the Grand Royale London Hyde Park is in a perfect location as we love walking and the park is just accross the road the NCP is again a few minutes walk away . I also was happy with the period building and yes the rooms aren't the largest but we don't travel to London to stay in our room . The breakfast is very good we will return soon .

Swaffham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just returned from a 1 night stay in this lovely period hotel very warm welcome ,room lovely if a bit small, fruit,bottled water & tea /coffee facilities in room including chocolate on pillow. hot shower & complimentary toiletries Breakfast very good full English plus crossants fruits etc will certainly return many thanks sandra

Room Tip: we had room 619 at back of hoel