“Seminar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Royale London Hyde Park

You added Grand Royale London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Grand Royale London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-9 Inverness Terrace, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London W2 3JP, England (Notting Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #326 of 1,058 Hotels in London
“Seminar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Grande Royale service! Superb hotel with attentionate. The bar and lobby is superbe. Located in a quiet area, you'll be able to get a quiet night while be very close to everything. The neighborhood is pristine. Wifi everywhere in the hotel and it looks like something from the movies. Will def be back

Stayed February 2016, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

After a long flight and battling the tube escalators on crutches, it was so, so nice to be greeted with a welcoming smile. All the staff behind the desk were friendly but Julian was particularly nice and helpful. He changed my room so I wouldn't have to navigate any stairs and offered me water as soon as I arrived (probably looking disheveled). He asked if I needed help with doors, bag etc. Lovely! The room was clean and quiet and the reception lobby and stairwells are charming. Location is really handy :)

Stayed February 2016, traveled solo
1 Thank AislingMattie
Linthicum, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for two nights, and then came back a few days later for another three-night stay. I have to say that I had a very different impression of the hotel on each stay. The main difference was in my assigned room. I arrived at 10:00 AM, too early to check in. I gave them my credit card and completed the check-in process, but without being assigned a room. When I came back that evening to check in, things did not go well. They assigned me a room, but I couldn't get into it. The stairwell leading to it had been completely blocked off. I had to go back to the front desk and try again. My next room was depressingly small and thoroughly inadequate. There was no desk, so I had no place to put anything except to pile it on top of my suitcase. There was no plug on the wall for the kettle, so I had to string the cord across the room, thus blocking the entrance to the bathroom. I couldn't use the sink or mirror in the bathroom except at an angle, as the shower blocked access to the sink. Located next to the elevator on the third floor, I could hear the noise of the elevator. In the morning, its location above the breakfast room meant that I could hear the noise from there, too. I should mention that when I did check in, a man came to complain that his room was not clean, while another guest called to request a room change. When I was assigned a room, a couple was at the front desk complaining that they had been charged twice for their room. I finally found some hotel info, and realized that since I did not have a desk, I received none of the items that are usually found in the desk, such as a plug adaptor. When they sent an employee to my room to help me search for a hair dryer, he saw the size of my room and grimaced. He said that some single rooms have desks, and that I should request a room change. When I checked out, they tried to charge me for an extra breakfast that I did not consume. They showed me a paper receipt to verify my signature, but it certainly wasn't mine. When I returned for my second stay, things improved somewhat. My room, while not huge, was significantly larger, and included a desk this time. I found out that yet another item I had previously lacked by not having a desk was a fruit basket. I overhead a woman at breakfast saying that her friend's room had fruit but no bottled water, while her room had water but no fruit. When I checked in this time, the front desk clerk was apologizing to some guests for not having the room type that had been reserved, and offering them a free breakfast to compensate. When I got back to my room late one night, my key wouldn't work. What is going on here????? It is a beautiful building, and the breakfast area is lovely, but there are serious issues here regarding management and record-keeping. The rooms vary far too much in size and amenities to justify charging the same prices for each. There are simply too many people being overcharged, requesting room changes, being told their requested room type is unavailable or being compensated for managerial mistakes for it to be an anomaly. I suppose if you are charged the expected rate for a room that you reserved, and are assigned one of the better rooms in your chosen category, you will be happy enough. But I feel that the management here is too inept for me to be able to recommend it.

Room Tip: Request a non-miniscule room away from the elevator. If booking a single, request a room with a desk...
  • Stayed February 2016, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars
bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I cannot think how I had not come across this hotel previously. Impressive entrance hall, lovely dining room, grand staircase, near to Queensway tube. Lovely bar with a welcoming feel and appreciated the Lilee Langtry connection.

However the breakfast on the Sunday was chaotic to put it mildly. Queues for the bacon, sausages etc. There was no bread for the toast and no fresh fruit salad. It seemed that there was no overall leadership in the room to ensure that these items were replaced. The Monday breakfast was lovely as it should be.

The bedroom was tiny only just wide enough to fit in a bed. Part of the space by one side was taken up by a radiator, which actually was not functional. So it just felt cold. It was a cold weekend, the window had a crack in it, so cold air was coming in and the duvet was a small size duvet, not covering the whole bed. In a way, this was good as there was no room for the overhang anyway. We had bought quite a few clothes with us as we had booked to see the ice sculptures the following day, so we were able to use these. (By the way, we didn't need them for the ice sculptures). But despite the coldness of the bedroom and the breakfast difficulties, I really like this hotel because it is different.
We shall definitely return here again. Here for a family celebration. Overall, fond memories and a special weekend to remember.

• Stayed November 2015, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

As we arrived in reception we were greeted by Julian and Binu. We were checked in quickly and efficiently. Julian asked about the flowers my girlfriend was carrying and when she said they were for her birthday he said as a special treat he would upgrade our room. We were offered water and fruit to take to our room. A very nice touch!

The room we were upgraded to was actually a suite and it was stunning. It would be one of the best hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. Shortly after arriving in the room there was a knock at the door and a guy from the bar bought us a bottle of wine as a gift for my girlfriend.

It was such a pleasure to stay somewhere where you were made to feel so welcome and where there was such attention to detail.

A truly memorable experience, we will be back.

Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I have just checked into the Grande Royal London Hyde Park. I have stayed here many times as it has a fantastic location is one of the best prices hotels in London.

On arrival tonight, I was met with a warm smile, a bottle of water and a complimentary room upgrade all thanks to Juliau!

5 star service. Well done!!

I only wish every hotel I stay in (there are many), would make you feel like a welcome guest in the same way that I was made to feel tonight.

Stayed February 2016, traveled on business
1 Thank msande10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very close to Hyde Park and Queensway/Bayswater Tube, the public rooms in this hotel are grand and uplifting. We chose a basic room that was fine for our stay, clean and well furnished and not cramped. Hotel staff are exceptionally cheerful and helpful. It was my second stay here and its my preferred base for London stays now.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family