“Wonderful performance”
Review of Wicked the Musical

Wicked the Musical
Ranked #61 of 397 Concerts & Shows in London
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed the show - great theatrics but a shame when the wings from one of the flying monkeys broke! The theatre was quite hot towards the end so it's probably good to ensure you have a cold drink handy.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,751)
All reviews
in 298 reviews
"performance"
in 701 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My 16 year old daughter and I had already seen Wicked in the States, but that is the show to chose to see again on a visit to London. The theatre (Apollo Victoria) is a bit tired and in July with temps in the high 80'S (F), it was uncomfortably warm, but the show was great. My husband even enjoyed it!

1  Thank BailesinAL
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I bought tickets to see Wicked from London Ticket Booth 1 Leicester square on Sat 20th july 2013. We were told by the lady at the booth that the tickets we were buying were for the Circle, near the front to right hand side with a good view. The cost of £40 a ticket seemed ok as we wanted to see a show that night. When she had taken the money (cash only !!!) the receipt said the ticket value was in fact only £15 and when we got to the theatre our seats were on the very back row of the the auditorium so the view was distant!!!!. This has proved a lesson to us, book tickets before coming to London!!!! As for Wicked it was good , not my favourite show but the visit so marred by the feeling we'd been "had" .

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very good show, two leading ladies were amazing. Very green,very good cast slightly disappointing ending as no finale or Wow!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Whilst what we saw of the musical was excellent, the theatre was not. I paid £118 for 2 seats (a treat for my daughters birthday) but the temperature must have been 100 degrees or more - we visited on the 17 July 2013 and I believe the temperature outside was 85 degrees. The theatre was packed, cues for the toilets were impossible - we gave up. The theatre must have made a massive profit on selling bottles of water - we had brought our own but the heat and humidity was unbearable. It was a total waste of money as it totally spoilt our visit.

2  Thank Lynneon