“Wacky, Coolest, Chilling, Best English Bubble Tea In London!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Soho
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wacky, Coolest, Chilling, Best English Bubble Tea In London!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

My girlfriend had been going on about this bubble tea café in Soho for a while now, so I was very eager to go and see what the fuss was all about.

I decided to go with my girlfriend to visit Bubbleology. I was amazed when I walked in and had honestly felt like I had stepped foot into a whacky scientific laboratory, with the staff dressed like crazy scientists in white lab coats labelled as the ‘bubbleologists’. The whole concept was very unique and there were bubbling test tubes all around the store. The staff were so helpful and friendly and made sure that I chose the perfect bubble tea, which would suit my tastes. I opted for the taro bubble tea flavoured. I fell in love, especially with the tapioca balls at the bottom.

The whole drinking experience was very different because it was like I was eating, as well as drinking. It was bizarre but I loved it and will definitely be visiting Bubbleology again. I think it is a great alternative place to go for an afternoon tea but they don't do hong kong milk tea in tapioca and it's not really culture and authentic bubble tea. but still it's cool and nice and i recommend you to go it's fun and wacky... and i will go again and again and drink many i like...

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank kbtang

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Chew chew chew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Wanted to grab some bubble tea, but have only ever been able to get it in china town where like most other people...where trying to get the same thing.
Lots of different flavours to choose from (including some unusual ones).
Atmosphere is great, love the experimental/science theme (much better then same bogged standard crowded counter you'd find in China town).
Ran by people who speak English (a blessing in disguise) and never seemed to rush to get you out of the way on to the next order.
Now back to the tea! Chew chew chew!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Still the best bubble tea in London!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

The past couple of months have seen the openings of a number of other bubble tea places in London, but Bubbleology remains the top option. The tapioca boba are the ideal consistency (soft but firm) and the ability to create custom combinations with the different teas, boba options, and jelly is a lot of fun. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the bright, funky mad scientist decor is always fun. I love the new branch in Notting Hill, which is much closer to home for me - I hope they continue to expand!

• Visited July 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Cold tea with jelly bubbles... interesting idea. I liked some of it, not the whole thing. If you like cold tea, go for it!

Visited April 2012
london
“I just love Bubbleology and can’t get enough of it. I would have one for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner if I could’.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

‘Ever since my gap year in Asia, I fell in love with bubble tea. I particularly love the fruit-based bubble teas and find them so refreshing, especially on a hot summer’s day.
Since I got back from my travels, I was craving a bubble tea and couldn’t find any local bubble tea cafes anywhere, so you could imagine my joy and excitement when I found out about Bubbleology on Rupert Street. It is a great bubble tea café and a great alternative place to go with friends. My main attraction to Bubbleology was obviously the bubble tea itself but then the branding of the store was just amazing- very unusual and different to any place that I have visited before.
The bubble tea cafes back in Asia were very authentic, but I feel like Bubbleology has created a cool modern twist to these teas through their branding. I really like the bright and whacky décor around the store.
I am a regular customer at Bubbleology as I work round the corner so all the staff recognise me. They even know my order without me having to say anything. I always have the passion fruit bubble tea with lychee popping bobas. The tapioca balls at the bottom of the drink are my fave and they are so addictive- It’s great sucking them up through a large straw. I just love Bubbleology and can’t get enough of it. I would have one for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner if I could’.

Visited March 2012