“Great night out with dinner, live music and wine!”

Boisdale Canary Wharf
Ranked #1,082 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great night out with dinner, live music and wine!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Boisdale's has a great selection of wine and spirits (particularly whisky). The menu is Scottish and very well cooked (seafood, fish and steaks). I like the rib eye with pepper sauce and buttered spinach. Sometimes service could be sharper, but the staff are very friendly. There is a great bar downstairs and a cigar bar for those inclined.

• Visited June 2013
FMolitor, Manager at Boisdale Canary Wharf, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your evening with us. I have taken note of your suggestion regarding our service. We work hard to provide you the best possible service and will always try to be better next time. I hope to welcome you back in the near future so you can convince yourself of our efforts.

Warm regards

London
“Good but let down by flies”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good venue, good service, good food, a bit pricey but this is Canary Wharf. Would have got 4 stars but let down by the endless flies that exist in the restaurant, fly around you, your table, your food, sat on the cheese board. Disgusting. Needs to be sorted.

• Visited August 2013
FMolitor, Manager at Boisdale Canary Wharf, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the service and food; however was vexed by your comment regarding flies in the restaurant. We take every precaution to prevent such a problem & have rigorous cleaning procedures in place. As a result we have been awarded 5 out of 5 in the Food Standards Agency rating for food hygiene 3 years running. This year we are challenged. We are open from 11am to midnight and as we have had a fantastic summer with the temperatures soaring the doors to our terraces on the first floor are open all throughout this period. Coupled with the Thames being close by this generates high humidity & provides flies ideal conditions to thrive in. We are working very closely with our pest control contractor to minimise the impact and using all methods available to food premises.

Should you wish to discuss in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me under dgm@boisdale-cw.co.uk. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice indeed”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was taken to Boisdale for a birthday lunch with work colleagues. We received an attentive service, but not pushy. The guys opted for steaks naturally, which looked and tasted amazing. I opted for the lobster club which was good but I must admit I had food envy as the steaks were delicious! A little pricy but very nice nevertheless, would make a return visit.

• Visited July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review and a belated “Happy Birthday!” I am delighted that you enjoyed our Scottish beef & lobster as well as the service. Next time you could go for a steak and add half a lobster to avoid any food envy…
I look forward to receiving you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No messing solid 4”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

It has a great view overlooking cabot sq. Full of the usual canary wharf suits. However the staff are pretty good and know their stuff.
We tried a sample of the fish selection and frankly it wasn't half bad, not that anywhere in the east end should have a bad selection of fish.
Great views, good ambience for a city place, slightly pricey but to be expected.

• Visited May 2013
FMolitor, Manager at Boisdale Canary Wharf, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the view, the atmosphere & the food.
Should you plan on visiting soon, please drop us a line under manager@boisdale-cw.co.uk and we will make sure to say hello!

Warm regards,
London
“Delicious but pricey”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I visited Boisdale (very) early evening. The service was attentive but not over-bearing and the main course delicious. Dessert (ice cream) a bit ordinary and mysteriously the coffee appeared long before dessert. Overall nice food but over priced.

• Visited August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed the food and service you have received. We work hard to offer high quality ingredients as well as excellent value. Any additional feedback regarding price points would be gratefully received. Please contact me directly under dgm@boisdale-cw.co.uk should you wish to explain in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Warm regards,