“An Icon you have to visit”
Review of Westminster

Westminster
Book In Advance
$57.84*
and up
Historical London Walking Tour including Westminster and Entry to Churchill War...
$58.83*
Private Tour: London Historical Walking Tour
$142.87*
Private Tour: London Historical Walking Tour Including The British Museum
Ranked #32 of 1,718 things to do in London
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Whilst the entry fee is hefty, the Abbey is just somewhere you must visit when in London, because it is so very LONDON! Yes the queue is often quite long and it is annoying they don't presell tickets, go in with a good attitude (there seems to always be lots of people here so everything is slow moving) enjoy the view outside, whilst shuffling along to get in, then inside. We just missed the last verger tour of the day and took an audio guide instead. Not a fan of these and switched between listening and looking at places I wanted to look instead of just what the voice told me to view. The audio guides cause there own set of problems. People that just stop mid stride to look at what the guide has told them to! But once I got the gist of using the guide, I skipped the bits that I wasn't interested in and zipped around to look at the parts I was interested in. I found around 2 hours was enough for me here but history buffs or religious persons would be appalled by this figure. Choosing between Westminister Abbey and St. Pauls - well you can't really both are so different and both worthy of a visit, just reduce the time in both if you are wanting to see the 2. I'd say plan to spend less time in Westminister Abbey. At least at St. pauls you can pre buy tickets to assist getting in quicker, at the Abbey you need to factor in queuing time (and may I say this was the only place we had to queue when in london as all other popular sites I was able to prebuy tickets).

2  Thank Suz003

Reviewed December 12, 2013

A real English emblematic building to see when you visit London. Architectural masterpiece easy reachable by underground. Near the underground exit there is a Caffè Nero in case you feel like a nice strong coffee prior or after visiting this site. For Westminster Abbey there is an entrance fee!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is probably the most favorite part of London where u get to See Palace, Parliment, London Eye , The Bus tours, Big Ban and many more historic buildings. I have been here 2 times now and this is a The place i love to visit one day with my wife and family.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

There are many things to see here such as.....
Westminster Abbey.
Westminster Palace / Houses of Parliament.
The Jewel Tower, built 1097-1099.
The statue of Winston Churchill.
Westminster Abbey (begun 1245), the coronation church since 1066 and the resting place of 17 monarchs.
St Margaret's Church (1523), close to the abbey.
The London eye is not far away, just across the river and within easy walking distance.....we strolled over there and there are many living statues etc near The Eye as well.
Downing Street and Whitehall are not far off either....we walked on to those also.
At the end of Whitehall is Trafalgar Square and again, this is not too far to walk from Westminster.....we carried on to it and there are a number of things to see on the way.
You could even continue on to Buckingham Palace like we did.

1  Thank Marilyn P
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have been to the Abby 3 times and always see new things. The crowds may cause you to miss things. Read, watch movies, know who the people interred in those amazing tombs are!
Not to miss, of course, Henry 7th Chapel and the tombs of Elizabeth I and Mary. As a choir singer I was surprised to walk over grave site of a famous composer I didn't even expect to see.
At least read a guidebook or website before you go. The less historically minded will enjoy the sheer enormity and the architecture and links to modern Royal Family events from tv. Every day at 3 there is a devotion in the chapel of Edward the Confessor where a limited number are admitted, but no extra charge. Also, there are reminders over loudspeaker that this is a church and occasionally a prayer. The volunteer docents are helpful. The Abby museum is worth seeing. Plan enough time and also you might spend most of a day in this part of London since Churchill's War Room , Big Ben, etc. are right there.