“BOHO Rooftop Parties at Vista”

Vista at The Trafalgar
Ranked #3,397 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: St. James's
Description: Exceptional in style, iconic by nature – taking London to all new highs. Vista at the trafalgar is a rooftop bar boasts an unrivalled backdrop of the London landscape. The Gallery has fantastic views of the city, perfect for cocktails or sipping on champagne with indulgent views. The Bar and lounge is the ultimate alfresco dining spot, with a delicious Mediterranean menu, including our signature seafood specialities,the height of sophistication starts here.
London, United Kingdom
“BOHO Rooftop Parties at Vista”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

BBQ, cocktails, great DJ's and a sexy crowd. On Sunday? On a rooftop? In London? Until Summer 2013 gays in London only envied their mates living in New York, Berlin, Barcelona and Sydney 'those awesome rooftop parties' happening on the roofs of 'those awesome hotels' but as of June The Trafalgar Hotel organises its own version of gay Sunday T-Dance party. - BOHO. My friends and I have been venturing out every Sunday since it started and the place rocks! The staff at the venue are all very pleasant, helpful and efficient taking a predominantly gay crowd in their strides. Drinks offers mean that the generally high priced drinks menu can be navigated for even the tightest of budgets, with the food options being easy on both the wallet and taste buds. The party usually starts in the early afternoon as a brunch place and gets busy and lively as the afternoon progresses into the evening. You can sometimes spot a celebrity sitting by the VIP table (last week I saw Julien Macdonald there and few weeks back Nicole Scherzinger and Dean Caten - DSQUARED). The cocktails flow fast, the music is loud and the views are incredible. Now - dear friends from New York - make sure you get on a guestlist to compare it with your Sunday parties on the roof but BOHO at Vista at The Trafalgar will be hard to beat.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank TomSverige

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Grundisburgh, United Kingdom
“Great views and cocktails!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visited here for a few drinks with the girls for a hen do. We had a reserved area with great views of Nelson's Column and across to the London Eye. The staff were very attentive and friendly and mixed a range of cocktails for the large group. A fantastic start to the evening!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank tanyafos
Carrollton, Texas
“Great view and sunset”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had cocktails up here when we were at the hotel during sunset. The views are incredible. The service was great and the drinks were great too. I highly recommend this spot. You need to check in at the podium on the ground level. If you are not staying at the hotel, you might have a challenge getting up here - just depends.

Visited July 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
“Most happening”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Excellent place to have a drink and relax. Not a place for eating.Very friendly staff. Try going on a nice clear afternoon to enjoy the Excellent london view.

Visited August 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great place.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Reserved for August 21st at 12 noon and was very fortunate the weather was 20+ centigrade and it wasn't windy. Perfect. My son and I arrived 20 minutes early and it was still closed, so we were seated in the lobby downstairs.

At 12 we went to the Vista reception and were sent immediately upstairs. Upon reception we were greeted by a very friendly staff (male) and given (high stool) seats on the best spot they have as we were their first guests which later got busier.

A lovely waitress came straightaway and told us about the drinks and foods on the menu and offered my son non-alcoholic cocktail. Drinks came quick and food order taken both with no rush.

I had the lobster tails and my son had lamb on skewers and we shared them between us. Lobster tail (2 pcs) were frozen ones, not fresh and served cold but lamb wasn't bad with chimichurri dip. They were gourmet main meal prices but at starter size portions. Foods were average (not great) although not unpleasant.

The view is excellent. I'd rather come here and have drinks rather than sit on the London Eye. My 7 year old son even enjoyed it long enough before he got bored and kept saying he really likes the view and the place.

I'd definitely come back again but will only order drinks next time, not foods. Drinks aren't extremely expensive (£5-£15 range from beers, cocktails or wines), considering the venue and view. It's quite a trendy and cozy place with a relaxed atmosphere rather than too formal. It's a great place if you want to entertain visitors to see London from the top.

I can't fault the service as I found it was very good throughout - from reception downstairs up to leaving. Everyone was very friendly, smiley and helpful and some had a chat with me and my son.

• Visited August 2013