“A great day out for those who never tried riding”

Trent Park Equestrian Centre
Ranked #40 of 207 Nature & Parks in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With riding activities from riding lessons and cross country riding to pony days, horse riding parties and our riding club, Trent Park Equestrian Centre in London caters for riders of all ages and levels of ability. We even offer children's riding, with our youngest riders starting at the age of four. All of our riding activities are conducted by fully qualified instructors on the highest quality horses and, as a British Horse Society Centre of Excellence, we offer one of the safest horse riding experiences in the country.
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Having read all the bad reviews written by people using Groupon vouchers I was a little bit apprehensive... I purchased the half day equestrian experience myself, so I had no other choice than to go and take part in it or to lose 40 pounds.

I had a very negative attitude, especially when I found out, that our guide will be the famous David. He turned out to be a REALLY NICE guy and I think he deserves a little bit of a praise as well: he was patient, nice and polite, telling us great stories about stables, horses and answering in details all questions we came up with.

The bad points:
-a terrible receptionist, who I was having telephone conversations with: very rude and disrespectful, lying about weight limits and availability, threatening me with refusing me a horse if I arrive and will be heavier than the weight limit she invented.
- another awful receptionist who treated us as if we were invisible when we arrived. She kept us waiting for 30 minutes without a word of explanation or apology.

The good points:

- Martine: who is a real treasure among all the staff. I communicate with her over an email and she was very skilfully and diplomatically fixing all the problems and issues the regular receptionist was creating.
TIPP: If you want to be treated with respect, talk to them via email

- the experience itself: nice guide, we were allowed to see all the stables, all the questions were answered in detail, we could even do a little bit of grooming if we wanted to. All together lasted around an hour.
Afterwards we went for a tea/coffee break and enjoyed home made cakes

The last part of it was a riding lesson, which lasted 1 hour. David was approaching everybody and was giving us advise. Although it was a group lesson I think it was really worth it (It was my first time on the horse back).

I would definitely recommend visiting and I'll go back for individual lessons.
If you consider buying a voucher go ahead, you will enjoy it BUT prepare yourself for unpleasent experiences with receptionists.

6  Thank szczurzynka

Reviewed August 3, 2012

It is fun for all ages, whether you horse ride all the time professionally or are a beginner such as my nephew. They are lovely, they taught my nephew the ins and outs of horse riding very well. The horses looked happy and the stables were clean and I believe they have as much fun as we do! The prices are fantastic as well, usually I would pay between £40-£60 but this was much cheaper with a better experience.

2  Thank AdvisorNumber1
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have just come back from a hack at these stables and have to say I really enjoyed it. The instructor was great and didn't just walk as often other stables do. The stables themselves were very good and the yard was well kept. Most importantly the horses looked happy and healthy. I will definitely be going back.

2  Thank Emcin123
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Having never ridden a horse before, I bought the half-day equestrian experience Groupon voucher, thinking that if I would be too scared to stay on the horse (I'm terrified of heights) I would at least have had an enjoyable afternoon. I didn't need to have worried as I ended up finishing the whole hour riding lesson. The staff was very helpful and didn't pressure me to do anything I was too scared for, but somehow got me to do trot and slalom just by being encouraging and including me in the group dynamic. I also want to credit the friendly giant Garibaldi for letting me blunder and basically "hold on for dear life" on his back. At the end of the 'Groupon' afternoon we were also given a £5 voucher towards a future visit.

Having had the extra experience of going back for a shared private lesson together with a friend, I would definitely recommend this place. I think I might even have found myself a new hobby!

3  Thank Maurita V V
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Having been to various stables around London it is the best I have been to. It is a big busy stables with lots of horses .
I was another groupon person and had the half day experience which was fine all in all, I had Ewan (think thats his name) who was so lovely but I see what people mean about somewhat surly staff and if I had one of those I probably wouldn't have been writing a nice review! I rode Chokker and he was a nice steady horse.
All in all from what I observed depending on what horse/instructor combo you get your outlook can be very different on the place TP really could do with some consitancy as it shouldn't be like that , but I would give it a go - I liked it and will go again !

3  Thank pami.eire