“Best restaurant overall”

Malina Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place. The food is amazing, very stylish decor, very committed service (personally by the owners). By far the best restaurant I've eaten in, I'm here at least once a week.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

With Polish family members and a love of Polish food stemming from several visits to Poland we are fans so when we read the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor this restaurant was a must even though it meant a journey out to Hammersmith tube station and a walk up Shepherd's Bush Road from the station. We were not disappointed! The reviews were right! We have eaten at many Polish restaurants and this is one of the best comparing favourably with some of the best in Krakow. We both ordered the staples of beetroot soup and pierogi. The service was friendly and efficient and the dishes as good as any we have tried. The restaurant itself is attractively decorated, warm, clean and comfortable without being ostentatious. The bad news is that the present owners have received an offer from an estate agent chain that will be hard to refuse unless the restaurant business suddenly becomes so successful that their income is boosted substantially, so all of you get down there and make this deserving eatery a winner! (We live in the North and have no interest in this business and regrettably will probably not be able to go again unless we re-visit London in the near future which is unlikely).

1  Thank PaulBerni
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have chosen this restaurant as I was about to meet my partner's mum for the first time. We couldn't choose better! :)

Warm and welcoming, very friendly staff, cosy , wide choice of menu, appropriate music, the prices are not the lowest but DEFINITELY worth it. :)

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The moment you enter Malina's, you feel as if you're suddenly in Poland, in a timeless era worthy of folklore tales - with raspberry frescos on the wall and dimply lit candles casting flickering shadows around - the scent of mesmerising recipes twirling around you as if you're floating in culinary heaven. The service is elegant and heartfelt, with a menu of chosen polish delights, all ingredients were fresh and cooked to perfection. I was brave enough to go for the pork's knuckle - besides it being the biggest plate of meat I have ever seen (if not in asterix), it was so tender that it melted between my teeth and the flavour burst into an ecstatic sensation.
What a gorgeous place, highly recommended to any person looking for quality, quantity, honest prices and friendly service. Try something new, unless your polish, in which case definitely go there if you're feeling homesick ;-)

1  Thank Maximilian W
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My first time dining in a Polish restaurant and what a wonderful experience. It was a bitterly cold Sunday evening when I chanced upon this gem of a restaurant. So warm and welcoming the hostess was lovely and while deciding what toorder I was served homemade Polish bread, dark, sweet, malty and oh so light and a sort of paste which was delicious. I had the ravioli like meat filled dumplings which were so tasty and cucumber in cream plus a salad. Afterwards I was given a raspberry vodka with my coffee another little treat and on the house too!
All in all a truly gorgeous meal and I have a new favourite in West London and will definitely be back there in the not too distant future. I would highly recommend Malina.

2  Thank Karin J