“A lucky find”

The Drayton Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We needed to find a room for one night, convenient for Wembley Stadium. The Drayton Court was a gem of a find. Large pub on the ground floor but beautiful boutique rooms above. We had a room with a disabled bathroom which nonetheless was beautifully appointed - though I did need to summon help to turn on the shower which was very stiff. The bedroom was immaculate and very tastefully decorated. We particularly appreciated the cafetiere, ground coffee and flask of fresh milk. The breakfast menu was amazing - a really wide choice of freshly prepared dishes.
Location wise - it is a 15 minute walk to Ealing Broadway Tube station, though there is a bus (E1) which will take you there and West Ealing railway station is across the road. A quiet part of Ealing which felt very safe.
A great experience - I wish we had been there for more than one night, and will definitely go again if I am ever in West London.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DraytonCourt, General Manager at The Drayton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for such a great 5 star review. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the night in our hotel. I hope your next visit will be longer, so you can also try some nice meal or drink in our beautiful garden.
Hope to see you soon :)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

When I pulled up to the hotel, I stood back and thought....oh poo I've booked a night in a pub..yes it has a pub but the room that we got was amazing!! It was our anniversary and the staff had left a card and some cup cakes. brilliant.

We stayed for one night but it was warm comfortable and the room was amazing (14) I would recommend this hotel to anyone and for the first time of reviewing I would stay here again. One word of advice is that there is not much parking but stay at the weekend and you can park anywhere.

Room Tip: get a suite every time as they are not that expensive for a london hotel and you get Breakfast!! whi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for this great review. I am glad, that you have enjoyed your little present and staying with us too.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Since our daughter moved to London we needed a hotel close to her new place and found the Drayton Court by coincidence. The room is large and very clean and the bath kind of stylish spa. The room provides anything you need for a relaxed and comfortable stay: (working) hairdryer, large flat-TV with quite a selection of channels, fast and stabile WIFI, tea-cooking facilities and cookies, landline telephone, large safe, cosy bed with enough pillows. The breakfast was an extraordinary surprise and I recommend the French Toast to everyone who fancies the combination of bacon, banana, pecan nuts and sirup. The staff is very friendly and gives you the feeling to be welcome. A rare experience I unfortunately miss most of the time in many London hotels. The Pub and Restaurant serve lovely drinks and tasty food and at the rear is a small parking lot.

Long time short: If you are looking for a smart hotel at London Ealing stop seeking, just book a room at the Drayton Court!

Room Tip: Heard that the rooms in the rear should be quiet, but we were not bothered neither by the traffic no...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dude_loves_to_travel
DraytonCourt, General Manager at The Drayton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your great 5 star review! I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel. We are hoping to see you soon :)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My daughter and her husband live near Drayton Court and so wanted their wedding reception there - an authentic London pub. They serve good food in a lively atmosphere and they also have very comfortable hotel rooms. We had the Whiskey Galore Suite - a huge room with a bath and washbasin in a large windowed alcove. Can't imagine who would actually use that! Luckily there is a large shower in the en suite. The room was very clean with quite luxurious fittings, a sofa, an armchair, a coffee table and a very comfy bed.
The staff dealt with the wedding well and the reception room was quite adequate, especially after it was dressed. However, this lower level is in need of refurbishment, especially when compared with the rooms upstairs. Because we had items in our cars to bring inside we had to go right down to the basement area, next to the kitchen. A rather officious staff member ordered us to carry the boxes around the hotel as we were not allowed to go through the kitchen. This I understand but the dirt in that area around the lift is quite unacceptable. Kitchen staff walk through to access the outside. In my own house I'd be ashamed to let guests see this.
On a better note the staff upstairs were very helpful in the room we had reserved for a drink and lit all our candles before we returned, giving the room a nice warm glow. The restaurant staff were efficient and the food was good. The breakfasts are hearty and set you up for the day. Staff respeonded to individual requests quite well - everyone is fussy about their eggs!
So thank you Drayton Court for helping to make our special day so good.

Room Tip: Suites are good value due to their size. They are all named after famous films made in the nearby Ea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DraytonCourt, General Manager at The Drayton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hello!
I just wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in our hotel & your daughters wedding party in our function room. I really hope you enjoyed staying with us.
The comment about our corridors downstairs (from lift to car park and around the function room) has been passed onto our Head Office and is marked as an area for improvement. The works should be carried sometimes this year. So hopefully when you will come to see us next time, all will be sorted :)
Thank you one more time and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Love this hotel. Used to live in Ealing and returned here during the Olympics, staying in a suite (with a huge bath tub in the living area!), and also on a couple of occasions for work since. The Drayton is a lovely pub which serves decent food and is excellently located for Heathrow (direct train) or central London (via the same train line). Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
DraytonCourt, General Manager at The Drayton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Claire,

Thank you very much for this great 5 star review. I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel & keep coming back to us. Thank you for all your kind words. We hoping to see you soon!!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I live in London, but booked a night here in a suite for my husband and I for our wedding anniversary; we stayed in the 'whiskey' suite (or something by that name).

The hotel is a short 1 minute / 70m walk from West Ealing Station - which is a short 10-12 min train journey on the overground from Paddington Rail Station; guests should note however that trains don't stop at West Ealing Station on Sundays (and so alternative transport links would need to be used on Sundays)

Our suite was in immaculate condition, and included a big bath, couch, desk, and super-king bed which was reasonably hard and could perhaps have been softer. All sheets, pillows, bedding was of a high standard. I found the 'style' of this room a little over the top, and not to my particular preference, and so if there was a next time, I would try a different suite. The hotel rooms did look as good as shown on the hotel's website.

All requests for room service were promptly and immediately fulfilled, which impressed me. I considered the security for the hotel rooms to be quite high.

We had dinner in the downstairs pub, which again didn't disappoint. The food has lovely flavours and great presentation. I considered the pub food to be of a very good standard of food by London standards.

The breakfast (included in the final price) was continental, as well as with a choice of hot breakfast (of which there were many options, although I should I have liked a vegetarian cooked breakfast, such as quorn sausage, eggs, tomatoe, mushrooms, baked beans etc).

The service was particularly very, very good - from the Hotel Manager, room service, bar men and women, waiters - this was a stand-out feature. Every staff member was friendly and helpful; the culture / environment was a very happy, service orientated one.

I consider this hotel to be exceptional value for money in London, and providing a very high level of comfort. I would return again, and will recommend this hotel to family and friends who may come to stay in London. This was a great find.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite - it is worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry M
DraytonCourt, General Manager at The Drayton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Kerry,
Thank you very much for such a great review. I am glad, that you enjoyed staying with us. We preparing the pictures of all our suites to be put up on various websites, so it will be easier for everyone to choose the right one - in your case to see which one you would like to try next time :) Thank you and hope to see your soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Next time you go to London forget City hotels. London thinks the Olympics are still on and prices for nearly all hotels have doubled. This wonderful Edwardian hotel is better than the boring little boxes you find in London City. We booked a Suite because we couldn't believe how reasonable it was £150 per night with Full English breakfast. It was stunning with masses of room, a free standing bath and a separate shower room. The decor was beautiful and the room had settees and chairs as well as a Super King bed. The Standard rooms are superb also and breakfast has delicious choices. We will stay here every time we come to London in future. The train line is at the bottom of the street and takes you straight into Paddington the buses stop outside the door and anyway Ealing is a great area.

Room Tip: You can use the health centre pool and spa down the road for free
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
DraytonCourt, General Manager at The Drayton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Maurita,
Thank you very much for a great 5 star review. I am really happy that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for all your kind words and hope to see you again.