“Small gem in Marleybone Village”
Review of Verru Restaurant - CLOSED

Verru Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Its easy to miss this little gem in the midst of bustling Marleybone Village but, if you do, it would be a mistake. Its a neat, quiet and secluded restaurant with excellent Scandinavian food at reasonable prices. Service is, similarly, quiet and undemostrative but, at the same time, welcoming and friendly. There is an acceptably wide range of prix fixe or a la carte menus, the food is superb and the wine list is, again like the rest of the establishment, short, good value and excellent quality. The absence of background music makes it all pretty well perfect.

1  Thank arnorab

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Meandering through the gauntlet of brands, hoping to be lucky and find a little gem, and we did! Verru. Lovely atmosphere, simple menu, beautifully presented delicious food, served with grace, no fuss, in cool well considered surroundings. Straight to Verru for us in future, can't wait.

1  Thank Sarrieron
Reviewed May 25, 2013

i have been various times to verru, an intimate wonderfully civilised restaurant in Marylebone.
It's unusual to find a small, friendly restaurant where all the attention goes on the food. There is no background music so it's also a pleasure to be able to talk to the people you are dining with.
5 of us went last night and because it was quite late we only had main courses but they were uniformly superb. The cod was perfectly cooked on an indian spiced base, the halibut came with pork belly and the lamb with a little sausage but each plate had about 6 different elements and each fitted perfectly. nothing was too overbearing. All of us had never had the dish we ate before.
Service was friendly and attentive but never over bearing and Andrew the chef and owner is very very talented and so dedicated to his art. Every meal I have had there has only confirmed my passion for this jewel of a restaurant

1  Thank orazio186338
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This tiny restaurant has good food and is still good value (the lunchtime menu is not £11.95 for 2 courses as on their website, but now £14.95). The prawn and black pudding starter and steak and chips main course were both excellent, but the cheesecake was nothing special. The service was fair (all 5 of us were given the wrong food).

1  Thank GlobetrotterTwo
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner here last fall. Upon our return to London, I knew it was worthy of a return visit, but honestly, it was even better than expected. On this visit, we had an early dinner special that is offered between 6-7. It was 17.95 ( pounds) for two courses. The choices were difficult, as everything sounded appealing. My palmeni starter was delicious. My daughter had the shrimp taco, and my husband had the herring.On my last visit, I had a wonderful fish main course, so this time I opted to try the veal shnitzel. It was excellent. Our servers were friendly and attentive. I

1  Thank LoisNCNY