Brick Lane Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbasic accommodationindian restaurant downstairsan extra pillowair concomfy bedhotel is locatedtvhairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at the BLH for 3 nights during Oct 2012 and would say this is a very good hotel considering the location and price. I was working locally and needed a cheap place to stay that was clean, tidy and friendly - and the BLH was all of these things.

Other hotels in the area all exceeded £100pn and the BLH was certainly more competitive than the rest. The room was small, but then again, most are in central LDN. The bathroom was well presented and the power shower was great. TV in the room had good reception. Overall the hotel was clean and tidy.

The only thing that i would have liked to be improved was the quality of the mattress that was a little tired and lumpy, an extra pillow or two as mine was a little flat, and the bed linen could have been nicer.

I was also able to negotiate a free evening meal each night from the restaurant below the hotel which i would also rate as very good. I believe they often do deals for residents so be sure to ask what kind of offer they might be able to give you - especially if you like a good curry!

Room Tip: Push your luck and ask for free/discounted evening meal!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank acer1ism
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel is simple and clean, above a reasonable Bangladeshi restaurant (no odors but sometimes a whiff of light curry we found pleasant). The floors are wood, uncarpeted, therefore clean - but! if you stay, in an upper room, please walk and pack quietly if you leave at 5:30AM! We tested the extra pillow request, but the hotel must read TripAdvisor, since it was quickly delivered! In fact the reception is exceptional, exemplary: on the case, watches the rooms and visitors, and generally makes the stay personally enjoyable. Streets at night are quiet on weekdays (our stay) with enough people to make it seem safe for walking about. Taxi stand and tube easy walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank illisible
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed here on business as I was working nearby in Broadgate. The room rate was very reasonable and I was fed up of chain hotels so I thought I would give it is a go.

The room itself was clean but sparse. The shower was great, high pressure and lots of hot water.

Breakfast was not included which was fine as this was detailed when booking.

The only complaint I have is that the tv didn't work and this was not fixed by the time I checked out after three nights, despite me notifying reception after the first night. This was a bit of a pain as i was on my own and the tv was my only entertainment! The walls are also very thin as I was woken up by someone in their bathroom one morning (not my favourite morning sound).

Overall it was a good experience and I would use it again if needed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pjpl88
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Great location for Brick Lane, Easy access from Tube. A great base to have a night on Brick Lane, and try a delicious curry. We stayed in March for one night just so we could stay past last tube time and enjoy the atmosphere on a friday night!
The hotel has been recently modernised and done to a decent standard. It was comfortable, clean, and the receptionist was polite and helpful.
One tip, the extra £5 per person for breakfast might seem a good deal but don't bother, It was an apple, ribena, a kelloggs mini cereal pack and a pint of milk (each) delivered to your room... Don't let that put you off staying, just take something with you to put you on in the morning until you can get something else :-)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank -80-J-
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Usually I write positive reviews on here and have done so for several hotels in different parts of the world. Often my motivation is to let other travellers know of good places to stay because I know what it's like trawling the internet in search of reviews. In this case my review of the Brick Lane Hotel is inspired by the desire to warn people about what I see as exaggerated advertising. The reality of this hotel is very different from the way that it markets itself. I booked it on the basis of its website and got the impression it was a cosy little b&b style hotel with a taste of the exotic. On a city centre stopover for work purposes I decided to bring my wife there.
Unfortunately as soon as she saw the place she wanted to leave. But having given credit card details we decided to stay. At 85 pounds per night it offers little more than a hostel might offer for half the price. The double bedroom, though tidy, was very minimalist and the wooden floorboards did little to give it any warmth or character.
What defined the hotel for me though was the morning after when we got our breakfast. It was a pack of cereal from one of those kids' multi-packs and a cup of tea.
I am not sure if it was ignorance on the part of the owners as to what is expected from bed & breakfast or deliberate minimalism. Whatever it is, the experience was quite unsatisfying on the whole and I would suggest that this is neither a hotel for business travellers or couples. And at the price it's probably not much of a young person's hotel either. I felt very cheated and angry at promising my wife a nice hotel, then giving her this kind of one star experience.
However on the plus side the staff were nice and courteous and they tried hard. I imagine they have people who have walked out upon seeing what they have booked themselves into.
Keep away from here unless you have money to burn. Even if you just wanted a bed after a night of socialising in the city, the breakfast will hardly do the trick next morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple