“Very good pub”

The Alice House Queen's Park
Ranked #2,674 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We source the best quality, freshest and more ethical produce available. Our fish is fresh from Brixham day boats, our organic veg comes from small Devon freeholds and our meat is supplied by independent Shropshire farms. 100% independent beers, a carefully chosen wine list and bespoke cocktails are all available from the bar.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

One of the best pubs in Queens Park, I have visited this pub many times after eating at the Queens Indian restaurant next.

1  Thank SophieLewis8888

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My daughter and I arrived at 1.30pm for Sunday lunch and ordered 2 drinks from the bar while we waited for our table, which we had reserved by phone. It was very busy but there were at least 2 empty tables available, one of which we were taken to after half an hour's wait and having to ask if they had forgotten about us. We then had to beg for a waitress after 15 minutes during which time we were offered no menu or water etc. After another 40 minutes we decided to leave and the manageress said, because of the service, she would not charge us for the drinks (a fruit juice and a glass of wine). However, she then informed us that our food was on the way so we thought we may as well stay as we were extremely hungry. My daughter's roast beef had so much fat on it and my pork was just tasteless and, although it had written on the board 'with crackling', there was none. The food was also luke-warm. The manageress took our drinks off the bill and apologized, saying that 4 waiting staff had failed to turn up for work. That's all very well but she should have informed us on arrival just how long we would have to wait and we could have left there and then. An absolute waste of a Sunday and I honestly don't think this restaurant deserves to be in business.

2  Thank champatail
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The food at the Alice House is really good as is the bar itself, but the service REALLY lets it down.

We arrived at 1240 today and were not served until 2pm. The waitress' reaction? "I want you to know that it's not my fault". Well I know for a fact that it's not mine. Manager gave us money off but it's really no excuse. Their rudeness/lack of attentiveness or urgency will leave you gobsmacked.

It's not the first time I've had this experience. The staff here have SUCH an attitude problem, that I would advise you to steer clear, unless it's just for drinks. It's a real shame as the place could be great.

1  Thank marcolowepro
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Christmas menu looked lovely and the staff at a local charity spent time choosing their selection, but despite having booked the Christmas menu three weeks in advance, taken in menu requests a week in advance the restaurant denied having received them. We were offered the Christmas menu with over half the options crossed out and who knew how long to wait. We ended up with fish and chips which was excellent, no Christmas pudding but a cold mince pie with our tea.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Met a friend for a few drinks and it was really busy. There was some kind of mum and baby group meeting in a private room so lots of coming and goings. The service wasnt great. We went to the bar to order to be told it was table service but they need to be quicker and meet and greeting customers and taking orders. Having said that we were left to chat over our drinks, given a warning that the kitchen was closing which prompted us to order some bar snacks - great chips and some little sausages in a honey sauce, which were good.
I'd go again