Review Highlights
Southern England

Reviewed September 16, 2016
Maryland515
Ellicott City, Maryland
I join the others who give Robina an excellent review

Reviewed August 21, 2016
butravel
Malibu, California

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 16, 2016

We planned a trip for our 50th anniversary and chose to see Southern England. We wanted to have an easy trip and get to see small villages, castles and the seashore without the hassle of driving ourselves. We chose Robina Brown as our guide and driver. We couldn't have chosen anyone better. She is an excellent driver whose knowledge of southern England is superb. She was very relaxed and willing to do anything that we wanted. She is extremely organized and prompt. She took the back roads which was exactly what we wanted. She recommended bed and breakfasts that were all outstanding. When we come back for another vacation, we will certainly pick Robina again.

Robina B, Owner at Driver Guide Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2016

I am so glad that you enjoyed your tour of Southern England. I also enjoyed the tour!

Reviewed August 21, 2016

We were so lucky to have chosen Robina for our day trip to the Cotswolds. Having chosen other private tours in various countries, we know when someone is the best. Not only did she plan our day well, but her knowledge about what we saw and where we traveled was complete. She did however contribute to our disappointment with a Icelandic driver/guide's dull incomplete contribution of that country's beautiful scenery by her setting the bar so high.

1  Thank butravel

I am so glad that you enjoyed your tour of the Cotswolds.

Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids aged 11-15) and were visiting from Toronto. We wanted to spend one day sightseeing outside London so arranged for Robina to take us to Stratford, the Cotswolds and Oxford. Booking was easy and Robina was very accommodating in terms of what we wanted to do/see over our 10 hours together. A great experience - private tour in a very comfortable minivan - and we would highly recommend her to anyone.

2  Thank 440zahids
Robina B, Owner at Driver Guide Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2016

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your day to the Cotswolds. I'm pleased that we discussed Stonehenge at lunchtime, so I could at least show you the Rollright Stones, so you did get to see a stone circle.

Reviewed July 9, 2016

My daughter and I just completed an ancestral tour of Europe and hired Robina to help us with the branch of our family that came to America from England. We spent two days with Robina who met us at the train station for a carefully planned agenda that worked perfectly. I had provided the names of the villages where my ancestors lived and Robina arranged the rest. She saw to it that we were able to access cemeteries and churches and included everything that I requested in our itinerary and more. Robina is an excellent tour guide with a broad and deep knowledge of British history. In addition to our family search, Robina took us on personnally guided tours of Stonehenge and Bath, both of which were highlights of our vacation. We were very satisfied with Robina as our tour guide and would highly recommend her to you.

1  Thank Cathy C
Robina B, Owner at Driver Guide Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2016

I'm so glad that you enjoyed our 2 days ancestor hunting. I'm just sorry that we didn't find any of your family graves, though it sounds as though you had more success in Gosport.

Reviewed November 24, 2015

Over four summers, from 2012 to 2015, my sister and I have seen Tintagel in Cornwall, Lindesfarne in Northumberland and Hadrian's wall, Canterbury, Maes Howe in the Orkneys and much in between. Through time, from the sites of the early Britons, the Romans, Normans, Tudors, all the way to the cutting edge Eden Project, whatever your particular passion, let Robina work with you to plan the trip of your dreams. . .

2  Thank Janet W
Robina B, Owner at Driver Guide Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2015

I have thoroughly enjoyed all my tours with you both. We've been to some amazing places together. We started with Roman Britain and then enlarged it to anything prehistoric, old, Celtic, pagan or just interesting! That gave us a wide scope to include hill forts, stone circles, burial mounds, Roman ruins, Celtic crosses, Saxon churches, plus Bletchley Park and the Weald & Downland Museum of old buildings in Sussex to mention just a few!

Reviewed October 2, 2015

Robina gave us exactly what we asked for....plus much more! She had so much extra insight and intimate knowledge of every place we visited....or even passed by....that it really added to our London visit. She had great places to eat reserved for us and was even responsible for helping us book our B&B where we stayed during our time in London. It was great all around.

1  Thank Freddie L
B0bbinUK, Owner at Driver Guide Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2015

Thank you for your comments about your tours in England. It was a pleasure to work with you. I am glad that I was able to show you around my wonderful country.

Reviewed October 1, 2015

I recently visited England from Canada for the first time with my daughter-in-law and had the privilege of having Robina Brown as our tour guide. Our different visits to palaces, castles, magnificient gardens, whimsical villages, pubs, etc. were tremendously enhanced by her amazing knowledge of royal history and of various interesting sites. Our tour was so well organized and every minute was well spent not to mention her excellent driving. Downtown Abbey was also part of our holiday and whether it be real or fictional, our experience would be rated as "A-plus". Sincere thanks to you Robina for your passion and dedication.

Reviewed September 8, 2015

I was recently in London for a "Downton Abbey" tour. Robina was our tour guide to Highclere castle and beyond. Her knowledge of everything "British" is extraordinary! She gave us a wonderful drive around tour of London ( before we headed out to the countryside) full of anecdotal information on everything from architecture and politics to the Royal family.
When a change in our itinerary occurred, she got us tickets to Windsor castle and worked the visit into our day.
She was always punctual, polite, resourceful and accommodating.
Robina is a gem!
I would highly recommend this charming woman to anyone travelling to Great Britain!
Donna Goldberg

Reviewed June 26, 2015

Robina provided an amazing introduction to England/London. She was always on time and got us back to the hotel when scheduled. She prearranged all the tickets she could for us and booked our train trip to Bath. Her knowledge of the kings, queens, castles, and history of England was amazing, She was very patient with us when we repeatedly asked her about which king or queen. Robina encouraged us to see the Trooping the Colour parade and made it fit into our schedule This turned out to be a highlight of our tour, because we got to see the Queen of England and other royal family members. I can go on about everything we saw, but I would not visit the England again with out booking Robina.

B0bbinUK, Owner at Driver Guide Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2015

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time in London with me Carole. We were lucky that Trooping the Colour was on a day when we were touring London.

Reviewed June 17, 2015

We had very little time in London & Robina was great showing the highlights & sharing her knowledge!

3  Thank Mary M