“Lovely food. Great pre-theatre. Book early though.”

Cote Brasserie - St Martin's Lane
Ranked #444 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had an excellent pre-theatre meal here 7/12/12. It was £13.65 for three courses.The portions are small but the food is really good. Main menu is also reasonably priced and I assume would give better portion sizes. Nicely decorated, the place was busy but the staff were very friendly and attentive and each course arrived promptly. They will ask if you want bread and/or vegetables which are charged for. This was our first visit so we didn't but I would definitely have the additional vegetables next time as there was a minuscule amount in my main dish (I cannot find what the cost is for extra vegetables anywhere on the menus but bread is £1.85 so I assume it would be reasonably priced). I had a terrine to start, followed by coq-au-vin and then a tiny chocolate pot. Whilst this was definitely the smallest dessert of my life it was really rich and so was actually enough. However, I would rather have paid an extra couple of pounds and had a decent quantity of veg included. Total was just under £36 for 3 course meal for 2 with a soft drink each including the 12.5% tip. Wish we had booked both nights' dinners here as our next meal at bistro1 was truly awful! Cote at St Martins and Covent Garden are often fully booked for the pre-theatre menu weeks ahead so don't leave it 'til the last minute.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had a pre-theatre meal with 12 friends at this restaurant. The food was very good and was good value. Service was efficient and friendly and the house wine was much better than I have had in other restaurants.

I am a Londoner will certainly be eating there again next time we are up in town.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Was good with very nice staff, bright and cheerful on a cold dreary morning.
Food was good value and quality - enjoyed the Virgin Mary

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We ate at Cote on St Martin's Lane at lunchtime on a Saturday. I booked the night before and was pleased when my request for a quiet table was mentioned as we arrived, and achieved, even in a very busy restaurant. We had eaten there before and were confident that things would be good, and they were. The thing that was extra was a very attentive, hard-working and friendly waiter. We spent more time (and money!) that we had planned but felt we had been somewhere special. Excellent. Thank you.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Ok so we all know that Cote is another chain restaurant but sometimes you just want somewhere to have a bite to eat and you always know what to expect at Cote.

The food is consistently good but obviously not amazing - you get what you pay for and Cote always serves decent quality standard food for a reasonable price. It is good value if you go for their special 2/3 course deals.

Service is always friendly and of a good standard.

A great place to go for a catch up dinner or just a regular meal out. Cote is very good when compared to other restaurants in the same price range/category.