“Season Kitchen: Unsung hero of London eating..”

Season Kitchen and Dining Room
Ranked #5,063 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Having visited the new Park theatre, Google directed me toward Season Kitchen on Stroud Green Road for some post-theatre dinner. I dined with a couple of friends, none of whom had visited before and we were all absolutely amazed at this hidden gem!! Located in Finsbury Park, Season is not just a diamond in the rough, it is one of the best restaurants I have eaten in, in some time! It's got a well deserved review from Giles Coren and Time Out but this place should be stamped all over every food blog and 'out in London' guide! It's a lovely intimate space with very warm staff. All too often I eat in places where food is an after thought to some gimmick idea / kitsch 'concept' dining experience. Season Kitchen's food is inventive and exciting to read on a menu, and an utter delight to devour! I ate Heritage Beetroots followed by a steak and then I shared cheese, 'rhubarb and custard' donuts and a rosemary chocolate pot... The food was perfect. I left well satisfied but not stuffed.. and eager to visit again. The menu changes (seasonally) so you can be sure of new exciting things to try! The food, as I say, is inspired and full of ideas but not elitist or 'difficult' in any way. My friends ate a Barnsley lamb chop and Rooftop risotto- I tried both and could have happily ordered either of their dishes!
I can't wait to go again. It's reasonably priced too with some great weeknight and weekend deals so hopefully I won't have to wait too long!
Can't get over how I'd not visited before/ read about it everywhere!!
Truly impressed and excited by such a restaurant being available.. Honest, genuine and food focused. Amazing.

1  Thank JulaHartigan
There are newer reviews for Season Kitchen and Dining Room

Reviewed August 30, 2013

On the night I moved to Finsbury Park my boyfriend decided to take me out for a late dinner after a rough day moving. Walking around in winter looking for dinner in a neighbourhood you have no idea about was discouraging to say the least but we stumbled across this little gem.

It was late and there was one other table but the waitress was so lovely and spent lots of time chatting to us and making recommendations. The menu was interesting, it was great not to see the same old rehashed meals you see in so many places in London. The mains were excellent, my boyfriend ordered the veal and the serving size was enormous and it was a beautiful piece of veal which is often very hard to find. The decor was also great and the wine delicious.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with a friend, early evening without a reservation. The Barnsley (lamb) chop was succulent with a delicious gravy and the peach made a wonderful accompaniment. My friend's rooftop rissotto was creamy and full of subtle tastes. The serving staff, friendly, helpful and kept the wine nicely chilled much like the atmosphere. Will book next time as it got busy very quickly but never felt rushed or overcrowded.

1  Thank OccipitalCrown
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Who would have thought that a truly wonderful restaurant existed in Finsbury Park! Unique menu, welcoming, attentive, staff and just around the corner from the newly opened Park Theatre. We loved the food- especially the delicious Barnsley chop. Yum! Would definitely come again if in the area...maybe even if Im not!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We needed to find somewhere near to eat prior to our theatre trip (Park Theatre, which in itself is another treat). This restaurant is special in lots of ways. The menu is varied and interesting. The Barnsley chop with peach and mint was enormous and extremely tasty as was the curried cod. The Rooftop Risotto also sounded wonderful. It included flowers grown at the restaurant we were told by the very likeable owner. Service great, ambience great, food great. What more can we say. We just need another theatre booking so we can visit again. Loved the brown paper table covering.

1  Thank Maureen S