Book In Advance

from $90.40
from $313.30
from $131.10
2,643 results
All reviews battle of britain aviation history bomber hall military aircraft northern line sunderland flying boat colindale tube station raf hendon flying machines on display flight simulator free entry first world war all ages great collection interactive displays rainy day
Reviewed today

This was suggested by someone whilst I was shopping, and they were right!

We arrived on a Saturday morning shortly after the museum opened, the first area is history and interactive this was despite the hour packed with lots of kids, it was good to see so many happily enjoying some science

We moved on to WW1 hanger, for us not as interesting as we had expected, but then we got to the biggest hall, covering in the main WW2 aircraft and later this was very very good.

There is a modest shop and two different eating options, we tried the cafe in the first hall, which was typical fare for a museum nothing special, but the making of the drinks was extremely slow, I expect an off day.

This is a great day out and I Will go back midweek outside of the school holidays so I can have a play on the interactive exhibit at my slower pace

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Parking was £3 but the amazing museum was free. I must admit, the first hanger although newly done & interesting, leaves one slightly underwhelmed. It does however build up & it was the most impressive collection of Air Force aircraft I had ever seen. Exhibits are well persevered as too the history. There are a number or cafes & even a small play park. Kids will surely have hours of fun here.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We planned to visit this museum for short time but ended up spent 4 hours. My boys love to explore this fantastic and huge museum. Eventhough you are not a fans of history, the planes are amazing to see. The information are so helpful for young kids and see the plane in front of themselves, it is fantastic.

Reviewed 6 days ago

I been going there for years with my grand parents and now taking friends and their kids along. It very modern with lots to do and see, they really packed in the planes with I think about 6 Hangars from explaining the first 100 years of the RAF.
There’s an area where you can try and fly with different models you can learn and play on for the children and big kids.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

It was Saturday morning, my in-laws had come to stay and my husband at the very last minute had to work. They are both in their 80’s and my father-in-law is ex-RAF. We ended up at this fabulous aircraft museum in Hendon. It is very well run, free to enter and attracts both young and old. They also have wheelchairs if required - I would always advise ringing ahead if you require one. There is plenty to do and see. We could easily have spent the day there. There are two coffee shops, selling sandwiches and cakes, with plenty of seating and very clean toilets nearby.

There are 6 hangers in all, containing original life size military aircraft, bombs, cars, uniforms, seating and video corners etc. The enormity of some of the aircraft is quite breathtaking and to be there with my in-laws who lived and worked through the Second World War made it all the more enjoyable, as they regaled stories.

It is definitely worth a visit and somewhere we would return to. There is so much to take in. My in-laws both want to return.

RAFMuseum, Manager at Royal Air Force Museum London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hi and thank you for your great review. We're glad that you enjoyed your visit so much and particularly grateful that your in-laws enjoyed our exhibitions given their RAF background. We hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again. Kind regards, RAFM.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Large clean site with so much to do for all ages. My 10 year old loved the interactive zone. Design, build and fly your own plane. What a great way to inspire the young. I was amazed how many planes there were. Proper Tardis experience as it looks a lot smaller from the outside. Free entry and £4 to park. What's not to love about it. Had dinner in the restaurant which is not cheap however was good quality. Plenty of benches to have a picnic and a massive child's play area to wear the little ones out. A must for all in aviation and looking for something to do with children. Just don't forget to charge the camera as it will be heavily used. Thank you all who keep the RAF museum looking so great :)

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I've seen similar museums in the USA and found they function so much better when the have a few War vets standing around to ask about their experiences. Nothing quite like having someone describe what a carrier landing is like at night. In the rain. To bring it to life for you. Museums need to tell a story, and apart from the Battle of Britain film I feel this one came up a little short.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Really enjoyed our visit to the RAF Museum at Hendon. They have a world class collecting of aircraft with highlights for me the Spitfires, the Mustang, the Vulcan and the Lightning. The aircraft are housed in a number of buildings and whilst amazing there could have been more information provided regarding each exhibit.

I do feel that some form of audio guide would have really make this Museum come alive and I do hope that at some point this will be provided. Additionally more AV added to the exhibits would really add to the experience. It is free to enter so I understand why this may not be possible. That said we would have been more than happy to pay for some form of headset with audio descriptions.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Did not realise how large an area it was,really interesting.
In the first building there is Sunderland flying boat hanging from the ceiling,fascinating.
Covered aircraft from the beginning of flight to the latest aircraft.
Nice touch they full size cut out photos of aircraft men and women ,written on the back is the details of there service ,again from years ago up to today even including a Donkey
who is a mascot.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Displaying the first 100 years of RAF history, this museum includes 6 huge hangars and a number of onsite cafes serving a full range of drinks, snacks and food to suit every visitor.
It is very difficult not to be surprised and humbled by the most extensive layout and display of aircraft, equipment and technology that you find in this museum.
There are lots of interactive consoles, flight simulators for all ages. You really discover the aircraft and stories of the Battle of Britain alongside extraordinary bombers, seaplanes, trainers and helicopters. I was very fortunate to be accompanied by a dear friend, retired former RAF officer, so I had my own personal tour guide.
This is a "must" visit for all.