“WORST HOTEL EVER”

Apollo Hotel - Bayswater
Ranked #1,028 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I will never ever go there again, it was horrible, dirty and really bad, bathroom was so dirty that we didnt want to take bath after long days. If you want to go and have hotel to relax and have nice and plesent stay you wil NOT go there. I went there with my mum and sister and 5:30 in the morning we had guy walking into our room and yes we locked our door , guy in the lobby did nothing about this. I can tell you i have never been so tired after staying on a hotel. No WiFi like we thouht. We didnt want to go to the brekfast because the rooms are soooo disgusting, how the hell can kitchen be ok then???

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rosa B

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Rooms awful, customer service terrible. Location is good but there are 2 or three other hotels on the same street that are far superior for the same price and less. Rooms have not been refurbished for decades. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Brian C
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here for a week in march with my class. I don't usually write reviews but I have to for this one because it was just so horrible. I've traveled across the world and stayed in many cheap, lousy places but this one was by far the worst I've ever seen. The rooms were disgusting and falling apart. The whole place felt like it should be condemned.The management was rude, sleazy, and treated us like it was a huge inconvenience for us to be in their hotel. Don't expect any basic amenities like towels. You can walk to reception and ask the horrible man at the desk who will very grudgingly give you one. Many of my classmates came home with lice and fleas in their luggage. The management didn't like a group our size being there and gave us death glares during breakfast and anytime we passed by the desk. It was extremely uncomfortable and creepy.

We reported any damage in our rooms as soon as we arrived so we would not be charged for it when we checked out. When it was time to check out they tried to keep our 200 pound deposit because one of the mattresses was broken. Of course we didn't break the mattress and we suspect the management had turned it over to hide it when we arrived and then turned it back over to blame it on us. Our teacher was understandably angry and when she complained to the man at the desk, he called over the woman who works there who proceded to scream obscenities and even pushed my teacher. That is just not okay. The woman even dared to ask how we could stay at her hotel and drink her water and then complain about our stay. Uhhhh, we paid for it!?!? For the price of course we weren't expecting luxury, but I think prison inmates get better care and service than this.

Stay FAR AWAY from this place! I don't even know how they're still in business. Even if you are looking for a cheap trip and don't mind staying in a crummy room it's just not worth it! Trust me, you're better off on the street. There are many other hotels on this street that are not much more expensive and are a million times better than this rat hole.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Sophie L
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The rooms were dirty, beds were uncomfortable, the ensuites were VERY poor, service - NONE. credit card machines were broken....you'd think this was a business about to go bust or they have no customer interest what so ever! Never again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Charlean86
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Well I was there for 8 nights on June 14 with my friend. I really find it a comportable hotel, first the location is good, near to Hyde Park by which you can easily get to Buckingham Palace. And nearby is the Queensway street, where are many restaurants and you can find many places to do your shoppings. Second- I liked the staff working there, a guy who works in administration was really so kind and lovely to us, very helpful. Our guest room was quite good, only TV wasn't working, but well we didn't have even a time to watch TV, so it doesn't matter. Breakfast was just normal. So please don't be scared reading preavious comments ,,the hotel is not that bad , I liked my stay there and would back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KarinaKYerevan
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The bathroom was disgusting, it smelled like dirt. The breakfast was terrible, ... The room was shabby,the whole place was run down and dirty, This Hotel is beyond doubt a Hole how it can trade is beyond believe.

Room Tip: disgusting place
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank angelina d
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The rooms were dirty and rundown. The key didn't work. The doorknob broke just by turning it and the thieving owners charged ME! When I told them I'd never stay there again, they screamed obscenities at me. And not just the 2 males, the female at the front desk was an unholy terror. I wish now that I had just curled up under a tree and slept in Hyde Park. It would've been a better experience.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sdaily123
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Viking Hotel
Caring Hotel
#546 of 1,075 in London
Britannia Inn Hotel
#6 of 14 in Ilford

Been to Apollo Hotel - Bayswater? Share your experiences!