“Poor”

northamtonshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Poor”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

At number 35 - 43 Lincolns Inn Fields lies the Royal College Of Surgeons this place is full of history but it holds a secret it also has rooms that are available as a hotel . The room we had was priced at £181.00 ( Extortionate ) but we got the room for £100.00 as ther was a group of 15 of us staying the night . Most of our friends had rooms looking out over the square ( very nice ) we hadf a room looking at a brick wall 30 feet away ( unlucky ) but our rate was the same still .
More about our room we walked in and it was clean and tidy the decor very tired though, tea and coffee facilities were there too, no fridge, no mini bar, no trouser press, flat screen tv so small would have to sit on end of bed to watch, hairdryer at least 10 years out of date, shower curtain covered in mildew along bottom edge, no safe either, it was quite warm last night so we opened the windows to be greeted by the noise of the airconditioning units ( loud ) during the night my feet got caught up in the duvet cover this then had to be turned over on awaking the next morning to my horror the duvet not the cover was actually filthy this was NOT caused by my feet, i have then showered and found that there was only one bath towel and one hand towel for both myself and partner to use , I left the shower running for my partner to climb into straight after to use but when she had finnished could not turn the tap off this was dodgy too went down for breakfast what a relief I would say the only decent thing this place could offer great help yourself dining food very good eat as much as you like mmmmmm. Complained at desk about all the unfortunates had a £25.00 reduction but will still not be going back ever.

Visited February 2013

Berne
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 154 helpful votes
“lovely oasis in the centre of london”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

i stayed at the club quarters lincoln's inn fields over new year for 5 nights, which is - as the name suggest - right on lincoln's inn fields. a wonderful small park, even in winter (it must be great in summer), surrounded by beautiful mansions. very very very central location, and still, peaceful and relaxed. if i lived in london and had loads of money, i couldnt think of a more perfect place to live at.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank nathalieyes
London, United Kingdom
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Grab a picnic basket and enjoy this huge park in central London”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stumbled across this park when wandering around central London around lunch time. It was a lovely sunny day and I found myself perched under a tree enjoying the sunshine having a sandwich and just soaking up the atmosphere.

Plenty of joggers doing laps around the park or personal training groups.

No good in wet weather there is limited shelter. Theres not a lot to see attraction wise but if the weather is nice and you have sore feet from walking central London its a lovely place to just stop and people watch.

Visited August 2012
Lewisville, Texas
262 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 332 helpful votes
“Nice, quiet, neighborhood park between two great museums”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is a very nice neighborhood park that I happened upon while visiting the Sir John Soane's and Hunterian Museums, which are directly across the park from each other.  It had shaded benches at the peripheries, a large open lawn, a large band stand and tennis courts. I enjoyed strolling through and taken a quiet rest there between museums.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mohsman
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
213 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3,225 helpful votes
“Home of the Royal College of Surgeons of England”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had to be at the Royal College of Surgeons of England at least once in my life, because of my profession. So one day last winter I went to visit the College located at Lincoln's Inn Fields.

I got down at Holborn tube station and walked my way to the square,asking for directions. The place is nice and quite, with imposing huge mansions all around. Some of these buildings are very old. Royal College including the Hunterian Museum is located on the South side.

Another famous owner of a building at Lincoln's Inn Fields is London School of Economics.

Visited January 2012