“Beware of hidden parking costs - don't stay here with your car”

Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #137 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Beware of hidden parking costs - don't stay here with your car”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Recently stayed in this Premier Inn because it had a car park and the hotel and the route to it were outside the congestion charging zone. However instead of £15 per night for car parking we had to pay nearly £40!!!!!! Before booking I spoke to the staff to check availability in the car park and was told it wouldn't be a problem and that the car park is nearby. In fact the car park is attached to the hotel and whilst you can drive to the front door without going into the congestion zone to go into the car park you have to drive down a side road for 50 yds and into the car park. THE SIDE ROAD THOUGH IS IN THE CONGESTION CHARGING ZONE!. So car parking cost us £10 congestion charge on the day we arrived, £10 on the day we left, and a £2 fine because I hadn't paid in advance plus the hotel charge of £15. Nothing on the website and staff who didn't bother to mention it.

2 Thank Diane L
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay, particularly around our car park & the congestion zone. I am sorry hear that were not informed when you rang us to check availability, please accept my apology,I will be speaking to my team.
Many thanks again for your review.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

In terms of value for money in central London this place ticks all the boxes. You know what you are getting with a Premier Inn but this one is pretty good in comparison with some. Friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms and suprisingly quiet. I had two excellent nights sleep and only a short walk to the Shard, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, River Cruises and Tube stations with some excellent restaurants on the door step.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Natalie M
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us and slept well during your time here.

We appreciate your custom and we look forward to your return.

Warm regards,
Norfolk, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during the London 2013 marathon. Great rooms, service and breakfast. Staff great. Restaurant needed a bit more cleaning attention but the bedrooms were of the usual Premier Inn quality. There was no tube nearby but London Bridge is only 13 mins walk away. A bus stop outside has a bus that goes to Liverpool street. We had to catch a taxi as we still had our bags from a previous trip with us. The hotel called a mini cab and the driver, when he arrived, wanted to know the postcode of Liverpool street station!
Walked to the Shard for a visit from here. Highly recommended.

Durban, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I pre-booked this hotel well in advance based on the Tripadvisor ratings. Accommodation booked for 6 nights. The room was on the side on the 1st floor, no view but that was no problem as I was there on a business trip. My room was very quiet, clean and well maintained. I used the bar and restaurant in the evenings, no complaints, food well presented, menu and bar prices not too bad. The Wi-Fi was very good, I purchased the week subscription. The front desk staff were most helpful. Liked the security arrangements.
I have rated the hotel as 'average' but it should be 'Good', I would hesitate to say very good..
My business was all in the financial district and this hotel is ideally placed for that, I did purchase an Oyster card but found that on most days walking into the city centre was preferable. Also the Thames is a 10 minute walk from the hotel and that is a big plus. There are two underground station fairly near to the hotel which connect to the main systems with ease.
I have a few niggles which are:
There is no safe in the room.
There are no easy chairs and coffee table in the room.
The bar [at least] cannot place your tab on the hotel bill. [I prefer a single invoice for claims and tax purposes]. That might be due to a concessionaire running that side.
The taxi offered by the hotel seemed a bit expensive for the trip between the hotel and Paddington station.
I have booked for 8 days in Southampton in June 2013 and if it is anything like the Tower Bridge establishment the holiday should be a happy one.
I will use this hotel again and will definitely refer my colleagues to this establishment.

Room Tip: Tower Bridge Road seem to be like a drag strip at times so the side and rear facing rooms would prob...
2 Thank David F
Thank you very much for your very encouraging words and for recommending us. We are in a very good location for the financial district with very good links into the city.

Regarding your niggles, unfortunately we do not have safe in our bedrooms but can keep your valuables in the hotel main safe. Some of our rooms have coffee tables and easy chairs but some family rooms don’t as this over furnished the room with minimum space left, we would have gladly found a chair and table for you. As a brand, Premier Inn doesn’t add tabs to rooms but I do understand your reasoning.

I wish you a fantastic stay in Southampton Premier Inn and hope we will be welcoming you back to Premier Inn, London Tower Bridge soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I would like to praise the team here, from entering the hotel, we had a warm welcome, great service in the restaurant too. Good food arrived promptly and the meal deal is great value for money. Breakfast service was great and staff so attentive. Room was clean and spacious. People complain about noise levels, but lets face it its London you can't expect to silence the city, the Hypnosis beds were ace, firm and gave my bad back great support.

1 Thank KateSem40
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay and many thanks for your kind and warm comments around your experience, very much appreciated.

Sidmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our second stay at this handy Premier Inn. Both times we have been lucky to have a room overlooking the park and tennis courts at the rear. Good comfortable clean rooms and nice food in the restaurant. Helpful staff and the facility to leave luggage.

1 Thank andrew s
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay and for making it Premier inn. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our hospitality, the comfort of our rooms and the meal served inside our Thyme restaurant.

Many thanks again and hope we will be welcoming you soon.
East Yorkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

From start to finish the Tower Bridge was terrible. Waited on arrival for service-which was poor- the room very basic and even though a budget hotel would have expected more. No milk for tea /coffee in room as they didn't have any despite being in central London!
the worst experience was a bed so hard it was completely impossible to sleep at all. Had a dreadful night . Would recommend never staying here or any PI again.

1 Thank lisa c
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. I am sorry to read that you didn’t experience the same level of service as most of our guests and for this, I would like to apologise.
I am also disappointed in reading that your sleep was poor due to mattress being hard. Can you please contact site on 08715278678 or london.tower.bridge.mti@whitbread.com, where myself or any team member would be glad to deal with your concerns, we look forward in hearing from you.