“One of the best I've stayed in..”

Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #147 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here whilst visiting the Olympic Park for the Paralympic swimming. We couldn't have had a more friendly welcome - the staff are positively enthusiastic! It was refreshing after the muted welcome often experienced at check-in.
Room was spotless and bed oh-so-comfy. Only mild disappointment was that we'd booked a twin room back in January, and ended up with a double with a put-me-up type single in the corner. But we slept fine and that's the main thing I suppose.
We didn't eat at the restaurant. Great little corner cafe - Cat & Cucumber - just down the road towards Tower Bridge - perfect for a cheap and plentiful brekkie!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debs_A_H
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I was so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that the great team here delivered a service that met with your expectations.

I am not sure why you had a bed as you described, I will look into this further and thank you for bringing it to my attention, even though it didn’t affect your sleep. Please do accept my sincere apology.

Many thanks and hope we do welcome you again to Premier Inn, London Tower Bridge.
Operations Manager.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

but I was so wrong. I am not kidding the welcome to the hotel, the check-in process, and simply everything about the people was just simply outstanding.

The staff are so friendly and also very knowledgable of the locality. Helped me enormously with my travel plans (getting to Greenwich).

Room Tip: I had a room at the back and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your very kind words. It really does make my teams’ day when they receive feedback like this.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This premier inn is located just a few hundred yards off Tower Bridge on the South side. The Tower of London is within easy walking distance and it's easy to catch a bus or tube to other areas. The rooms are of a good size for a premier inn and very clean. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and there is onsite parking for around twenty four pounds, although its free if someone in your party has a disability. The breakfast is plentiful and nicely cooked and the evening menu is varied. All in all a very reasonable place to stay in central London.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to do a review.
I am happy to read that you like our rooms and its cleanliness and the service from the team.

I was a little bit confused reading the charge for overnight parking. The cost is £15.00 for 24hrs.
Also, we do provide allocated spaces for person with limited mobility, which is marked in the car park, but there is a charge of £15.00 per 24hrs.

Many thanks once again for staying with us and do hope we will be welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I spent two nights in April at the Premier Inn Tower Bridge for our daughters wedding and it was real value for money.
The rooms were comfortable and beds excellent. The staff were all helpful and pleasant and the breakfast was 2nd to none.
Thank you all for making out stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room and although it was on the main road there was no noise at all.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your experience with us here at Premier Inn, London Tower Bridge. I hope you and your family had a day to remember on this your daughters special day.

From all of us here at Premier Inn, we wish the newly weds and happy and prosperous life together.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed with my family last night (22/09/12). Great all round. Service and atmosphere similar to that found in the USA where customer service was invented and is maintained. Rare for the UK and very rare in London. Stopped at Tower hotel for a drink on walk home. Needn't have bothered. Impersonal, expensive and change at bar given on the annoying "please leave a tip plate" by a barman who couldn't care less. Back here, I was asked about my day by a barman who really appeared interested. Very well done all round. Room spotless, fresh and very quiet even with the window open. All at a great price. Very well done, will not hesitate returning if these standards are maintained.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheCozyClan

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding the service you received from my team and also the feedback regarding your room.

We do hope you come again so we have the opportunity in welcoming you back to Premier Inn, London Tower Bridge.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

When planning a trip to London, Premier Inn became a choice because of the price. I read things wrong and got a bit upset at how far out it seemed to be after booking and spent a long time panicking about not being very close to a tube station.

So we arrive at 7.30pm to London Bridge Tube station and jump in 2 taxi's. One took the group to the back door of the hotel while the other dropped outside the front door. But at £6-7 for a taxi ride we found it reasonable as it saved us walking.

The first group were helped to check in on some big touch screen machines and the comment that it was the easiest check in ever was made.

We had booked a family room and a double for 3 nights and including breakfast that came out at £78 per person for the weekend which was very reasonable.

The family room felt roomy. 2 singles were provide as one being the sofa bed and one being a mattress from under the double bed. But with 2 youngish children they both fought over the bed on the floor one. But for once it felt a roomy place to be. The double room was very roomy with a nice sitting area instead of a bed and a sofa. Freeview TV was available and wifi could be purchased at a very reasonable price of £3 for 24 hours. You input a code and we used it with about 5 different devices.

Extra pillows were available on the wardrobe area. The Wardrobe was more cubby holes with one drawer and some hanging area. The toilet was a bath with over shower and clean and tidy. But the floor close to the sink was a bit sunken. Hubby who is a plumber thinks that there may have been a leak. Otherwise everything was fine but we lacked hand towels but I'm sure reception could have given us more. My only gripe would be how high the double bed was but I am height restricted and found I had to climb up instead of flopping on to.

Our room faced the back of the hotel which over looked a tennis court and a small play area for children. It was lovely and quiet and you could see the top of the Gherkin.

The bar and reception were very close together and we managed to get a table for dinner and had 2 pub platters which were just perfect for being late at night. But felt the bar area could have been a bit bigger with comfier seats. Breakfast was served and was delicious. You had a choice of cereals, fruit, toast, croissants, muffins or a full cooked brekkie from the buffet. Porridge, poached eggs, boiled eggs could be ordered from the kitchen. You could pay after breakfast if you hadn't pre paid. There were costa coffee machines for coffee or hot chocolate and lattes etc. There were also plenty types of tea but green tea was too busy being mixed rather than being just plain green tea.

In reception they had a small area which had vending machines with food/drink/ and a Ben and Jerry's ice cream one which was a hit with my children. There is a sainbury's a short walk away or costcutters across the road. Wetherspoons and Papa John's are close too. I can thoroughly recommend the papa john's garlic cheese sticks and Wetherspoons sunday roast.

We found the number 42 or 78 stop outside the hotel. Otherwise it's not a long walk to Tower Bridge and over to Tower Hill Tube station. We often took the tube back to Tower Hill then walked over the bridge which was a lovely walk.

Despite my initial upset I would definitely say this is one of the best hotels we've found in all our stays in London. I'd definitely go back and recommend to anyone looking for a quieter area away from the hustle bustle of central London but still being close enough to enjoy everything.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back over looking the tennis courts as the games kept us amused.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Groovee
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for such a comprehensive review of the experience you had while staying with us. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant surprise and found the team service and our product to your liking.
Many thanks once again and hope to be welcoming you and your family back to Premier Inn, London Tower Bridge.
Operations Manager.

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Great comfy, clean friendly hotel in a great location. I've stayed here 3 times in 3 different years and always had a great night sleep and good food.
Really close to 2 tube stations with tower hill being closest.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Alexish78

I am really happy to hear you have used us for the last three years when in London. Great to read that you have always had a great night sleep and enjoyed your meals.

Thank you for your loyal custom and hope to see you again.