“Nicer than it looks”

Ranked #269 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Nicer than it looks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

Nice room, basic but clean. The bed was nice but the windows in the rooms need to be updated. A constant draft kept me awake and as it was November it was a chilly draft. Other than that the hotel is adequate. Close to the tube station and Putney high street.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

Good Points:
Very close to tube station
Clean
Comfortable
My room was very Big
Good Bus Service
Staff were courteous

Bad Points:
Payment in advance on arrival
Porridge had lumps in it half the size of my thumb and waitress left it sitting on counter for over 10 minutes until I reminded her - Pret a Manger Porridge in Fulham Broadway tube station was better and cheaper
Doesn't take Maestro
Don't keep a list of people checking out so housekeeping called in twice on the morning I was leaving which was annoying.
Towels a little rough

I chose it because it was close to a friend I was visiting and for that reason I'd probably stay there again, but I'd manage it better this time, ensure I had cash/visa, my own towel, not eat there and put out the do not disturb sign the morning I was leaving.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

30 seconds walk from the tube, nice beds, good sized room with hairdryer, tea and tv. Can't really ask for more! Maybe a bit too pricey, but this is central London.

• Stayed January 2011
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Thanks for your review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

Good location for this well appointed bargain hotel. Very clean room with everything we needed for a one night stay. Will use it again.

• Stayed January 2011
Berwick St John
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

I booked the hrotel as I needed to bring a car into London, and stay near a tube station for an early morning meeting. I know PI prices vary but I thought this one was expensive. When I arrived, sign posting to the car park was non-existent and I was very lucky to get the last of their very few spaces. Had I travelled out for something to eat I would have had to pay to leave the car park (as well as the overnight rate which I think was about £18) with little chance of being able to re-park.
Service on reception was tricky as the receptionist had little understanding of English and an accent virtually impossible to understand - certainly not up to usual PI standards. I decided to eat in their restaurant which was pretty awful, the toughest steak ever and very smiley waiting staff who still managed not to catch your eye when you wanted something.
There are many better places in London that are close to the Underground and with better car parking so best give this one a miss.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
We apologise for the service you received during your stay at our London Putney Bridge hotel. We endeavour to give all our guests the highest level of service and on the rare occasions this does not happen we take all feedback very seriously. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be duly investigate with the Management Team at our hotel. Thanks you very much for taking the time to review your stay as your feedback is of paramount importance to us. We do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Charente Maritime
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights at the end of December 2010. Our family room was spotlessly clean, spacious enough for a family of 4 and very quiet, since our room looked out the back and away from the main road. Breakfast in the morning was good value ( the kids ate free) and very convenient before heading into London from the Putney Bridge tube station just down the street. With the use of our 7-Day Travelcards, any part of London was easily accessible within minutes, and we really appreciated coming back to our cosy bedroom each night. We did not eat at the hotel's restaurant , as it was more convenient for us to dine in central London, but it looked pleasant . Putney high street , just over the bridge, also has lots of options for eating out if you need them, including a branch of Wagamama.
Apart from the comfort of the room, the best thing about this hotel is the friendliness and dedication of ALL of the staff there. We were greeted every day with a cheerful 'hello' from every staff member without exception, and I can really say that the people who work in this hotel really go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable.
We had a lovely time, and would not hesitate to book there again the next time we are in London, !

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

I had read reviews of this Premier Inn and we booked on that basis. In the main we weren't let down. It does look ugly from the outside but it was in a good location, just a short walk away from the tube station and with many buses taking you straight into Central London.
The rooms were good - extremely clean and my sister had a family room which was really spacious. Booking in was good, our room was changed easily as I wanted a room away from the lift. The guy on reception (called Hiron, I think) was really nice, very polite and helpful.
The few problems we had were with our party size more than anything. We wanted to get dinner in the restaurant the first evening and were told we'd need to wait 3/4 hour as they had just taken an order for 9. This was fine, we went elsewhere but shouldn't have been a problem. Also at breakfast the next morning we were asked if we had booked ahead and when we said we hadn't the girl looked slightly perturbed. They did manage to seat us though. We booked ahead the next day.

The big problem is this: we checked out on the morning and as we left, the cleaner came to clean our room. Whilst out in London that day, my niece realised she had left her ipod in the room. We returned to the hotel. The cleaner had handed in the headphones but no ipod. As we knew the room was cleaned immediately after we left, we asked to check the room - not there. It as a poor end to a good stay there and means we won't stay there again. My sister now has to spend a lot of time sorting out the stolen ipod, the hotel duty manager was not helpful and accused us of bad feeling!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family