“Dismal on the outside but lovely on the inside”

Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel
Ranked #280 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Dismal on the outside but lovely on the inside”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went for a two night break with my daughter to London, booked the premier inn cause of their reputation plus it was close to the station. Arrived late afternoon and felt a little disappointed when I saw the outside of the building cause it looked unwelcoming and I didn't know what to expect, however inside was bright and clean the staff were so welcoming and checking in was fast and efficient we went bed and breakfast. The room was spacious and the bed was big our room had a single and a double bed in it, the beds are so comfortable and there are additional pillows if needed in your room.The bathroom was modern and clean and had all the mod cons in the room, tea and coffee making facilities and a 40 inch television. You also get 30 mins free wi fi. For breakfast you have a full range of food to choose from we had the cooked breakfast which was all you can eat and at £8.25 was a bargain and tasted delicious it certainly kept us going beyond lunchtime. The hotel has good transport links for the theatre and sightseeing and Putney is nice and has some good shops and eating places checkout Bills great steaks and burgers. You can also walk along the Thames which at night looks beautiful perfect for a romantic stroll. All in all we had a fantastic weekend in London and staying in a lovely hotel made the weekend more special.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you very much for a wonderful feedback and we really appreciate the time you have taken to review us on Trip Advisor. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.

I’ am delighted that you were pleased with the hotel standards, enjoyed the food in our restaurant, found the team to be friendly as well as the location easy to get to.

At Premier Inn we strive to meet and exceed the needs of all our guests and I'm glad that we have done just that for you!

I do hope to welcome you back here again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hotel right on river Thames in Putney, large bedroom with Hypnos bed, pillow menu, big bath and shower, thoughtful touches for example, make up mirror surrounded by lights in bedroom, powerful hair dryer, excellent breakfast and parking - £69 on a Saturday night! You must be joking, right, London hotel on a weekend ,no way! Well that's what I thought, until I went to the Premier Inn!
Attending a party in Putney and faced with a hotel room a couple of miles away in Chelsea for £300, I chanced upon the Premier on the website. To be honest I was rather prejudiced and thought it wasn't like the usual hotel we stay in , but thank goodness we did - it was amazing value and makes a trip to London a regular affordable occurrence! The fresh berries and yoghurt for breakfast, as well as Mr F's bacon and eggs - fabulous, and it's a buffet, no wonder people were tucking in. Premier Inn - I'm a convert, just checked out all others in London and making a booking soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I'm delighted to read that your stay with us was a great one and that you were pleased with the hotel standards and enjoyed the food in our restaurant.

loftus
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here between the 3rd and 5th of January myself daughter friend and her daughter in a family room , we were on the 2nd floor .On walking up to the premier inn we were a bit let down from the outside appearance but upon walking in everything changed , from the really friendly reception team to the superb clean and spacious room to the dining room and delicious breakfast everything was outstanding .
The breakfasts are a must if you stay they are delicious from the cooked Breakfasts to the toast and jam and everything else on offer , they even cook your eggs to how you like them .

On our last day we were going to leave our bags in Kings Cross station at a cost of around £9 but the lovely man on reception informed us we could leave it there locked in there luggage room which was so much better , when walking back to collect our bags i must say i was sad to leave as i felt right at home .I would definately recommend anyone coming to london to stay here , i know its not as close as some others but getting the tube is itself a fun experience and if u have a family and friends railcard it is cheaper to use this rather than an oyster card if traveling with children and we bought all our tickets for each day we were there on the first day , so much quicker and easier each morning .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda W
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you very much for a wonderful feedback and we really appreciate the time you have taken to review us on Trip Advisor. I delighted to know that you were pleased with the hotel standards, enjoyed the food in our restaurant and that you found the team to be friendly. I would certainly pass on your comments to our team and I am sure they will be happy to hear it.

Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our excellent levels of customer service and our high levels of cleanliness. We have the advantage of the underground being close enough to make any journey easy as well as enjoyable and I am glad that you found this to be the case.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The room is clean and comfortable. The staff is helpful and polite. It is conveniently located near the Putney Bridge underground station. Price is reasonable. I will recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on Trip Advisor. Glad you had a great time at a reasonable price.

I am pleased that you found the team to be helpful and polite and the location easy to get to. Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our excellent levels of customer service and our high levels of cleanliness and I am delighted that you found this to be the case.

Peterborough
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights while working in the area.
Handy place to stay if your visiting the Capital and located close to Fulham's football ground with views over the Thames
Comfortable rooms and really good food.
Reception and Bar staff were really helpful as I arrived early to check

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay here at Premier Inn Putney Bridge. I am delighted that your experience was a good one; that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant and found both reception and restaurant team to be helpful.

The Premier Inn London Putney Bridge has the advantage of the Fulham and Chelsea football clubs being close enough and I'm glad to know that you found this to be the case.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Premier inn does what it says on the tin. Clean and affordable. Near local tube and rail connections. Always easy to book online. Room as always clean and well sound proofed. Premier Inn is a value product that provides a great quality, consistent product.

• Stayed December 2013
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge. I’ am delighted that you were pleased with the hotel standards as well as the hotel location.

The Premier Inn London Putney Bridge has the advantage of the underground and overground being close enough to make any journey easy as well as enjoyable. We also pride ourselves on our high levels of cleanliness and I am glad that you found this to be the case.

Leominster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Been before, always great. Except this time we had room 210, and there was constant noise of 'howling' outside the window. All windows were secure on checking, so ,I presume that although the wind outside was only medium strength, the area outside the window was an enclosed 'U' shape, causing wind currents and the noise was troublesome. I would ask to avoid rooms 201-210 next time I think. Rest was superb though.

Room Tip: See review.