“Big step up from most budget hotels.”

Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel
Ranked #271 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Asheville, North Carolina
“Big step up from most budget hotels.”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was a little skeptical of the Tripadvisor ratings, but, I was truly amazed at what a good hotel this was. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable and fashionable. The staff seemed genuinely--not artificially--friendly and very helpful. This particular hotel is in an ideal location: mass transit, both tube and lots of buses, right there, and a charming and very convenient neighborhood, with tons of every kind of shopping. I really loved staying here. It was slightly more expensive than other budget hotels, but worth far more than the price. I'd stay here anytime.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Joseph_F28804

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We arrived around a half 6 to be told no parking was available apart from a dodgy place across the road where keys need to be handed as its so small they will need to move your car when people leave. Also on the website car park was advertised as £5 per night but were advised on arrival it was £18 for 24 hours. We were then told in the opposite car park it was £15 until 8 in the morning. I paid £3 for wifi for the night and whenever it was left I would lose connection. Overall the place was nice but the parking was awful

• Stayed July 2012
, Social Media at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Many thanks for your review.

I can confirm that the car park located onsite at this hotel is free of charge. However, Premier Inn is not responsible for any additional parking in the area and so unfortunately we do not have any control over the prices charged.

Thank you for your review, we do welcome all feedback from guests.
North Wales
Reviewed July 3, 2012

By now I have come to expect the best from the Premier Inn brand and I was not disappointed with my recent stay at Putney. However, not everything was 100% as it should have been.
The positives: value for money just outside Central London; this cannot be beaten. The rooms are great; service is splendid; the staff are attentive and interested. The breakfast is superb at £8; the restaurant for an evening meal delivers exactly what a tired traveller needs-good food at the right price. The piece of magic that Putney has is their head receptionist/ manager, Catherine; nothing is too much trouble for her; she is a beacon of excellence.
But now the downsides. Our first room smelt of smoke. Our companions entered their room only to find someone asleep in their bed (Goldilocks, maybe?). Our next room was a double when we had specifically asked for two beds. Our third? Just right!
Night two we arrived from Wimbledon tennis at about 9pm on a busy Monday evening eagerly hoping to secure a table in the restaurant but Petar, maitre d, said "I am so sorry but we are running round like headless chickens and can't take any more if you haven't reserved." Disappointing but we survived.

Our final morning arrived and when we returned from another sumptuous breakfast we found our door wide open with three workmen in our room fitting new curtains. I was not happy because we had left all our personal things out ready to finish packing. I spoke to Catherine who immediately apologised and offered a refund/compensation. I declined as we had enjoyed an excellent stay but I was mystified how such a strong organisation could allow it to happen.

These negatives will not detract from a thoroughly delightful stay but they did reduce the rating score to only 4 stars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2012

First ever stay in a Premier Inn and chose Putney Bridge as it was close to the Wimbledon Championships. Easy enough to find and got there reasonably early in the day. There were plenty of parking spaces available. The staff were very friendly and when seeing our room we were really happy. The room was very clean, light and airy. Air con & heating easy to control etc. Breakfast was good also!
Plenty of places to go and eat in Putney which is just over the bridge. Took us about 10 mins the following morning to get to Wimbledon so it was really convenient. Great hotel and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We were given a clean, newly refurbished room. Had noisy neighbours at 2am in the morning, which was sorted out by night manager, but had the same performance the following night. Air con U/S, so had to have a heater brought to the room. Air con came on 'COLD' at 8am in the mornings. Everything else as per usual with Premier Inns. Helpful staff and Manager who instigated sound sleep policy, so we didn't pay for our second night.
On the whole, I would recommend this hotel for location etc, but it just needs tweaking here and there.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank hothousebluepig
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I visited the Premier Inn in Putney Bridge last week. I arrived late after a long drive, there was no parking when I had arrived, and to top that my car had broken down in the car park of the hotel trying to look for a space. I was on the brink of tears.
I went to the check in desk and was taken care of by Adeel. Straight away he asked me how I was and then I reeled off my string of dilemas. He then without hesitation took my bags from me and put them behind the check in desk and came with me to look at my car to help fix the problem, thankfully the car started, but then had the challenge of no car parking space, but Adeel selflessly gave up his car parking space so that I could have it. I was blown away by this level of care from a hotel staff member. He made me feel important and cared about, and this is the reason why I will continue to stay at this hotel when away on business in London. Adeel is a credit to this company and needs to be recognised for his level of outstanding customer service skills. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Sophie from Leamington Spa

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Enjoyed our stay. We had a problem with the air -con but it was eventually sorted and we were satisfactorily compensated

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family