“Disappointing”

Premier Inn London Euston Hotel
Ranked #201 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Let me say, firstly, that I have stayed at this hotel often in the past. On this occasion, I found the staff helpful and polite, as usual, but I was disappointed in the the room which was dingy in appearance and the carpet looked as though it had been poorly vacuumed, if at all. The bathroom looked tired with dirty grout between the tiles and the towels were so threadbare my finger almost went through one - see my pictures. I've stayed at other Premier Inns, including London ones, and none was as disappointing as this. Although classed as a budget hotel, the rate we payed for 2 nights without breakfast was not so cheap. The hotel's location is ideal, its staff are good, but in recent times, I feel it does not provide the standards and value it once did. I am returning to London soon, for a week - in the past I would have chosen to stay at this hotel but instead I've booked at another hotel, further away unfortunately but with better facilities and a daily rate, breakfast included, not much more than I paid at PI London Euston.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aygeemac

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed in Premier Inn Euston for one night on a business trip and the overall experience was excellent, All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The bedrooms were Clean, tidy and quiet. The restaurant was equally great, They have some fantastic meal deal choices and all the staff were especially pleasant, one that comes to mind is Sam, He was chatty and genuinely friendly.

Overall a great hotel and would surely recommended to anyone looking for a nice hotel in central London.

Paul

1  Thank Paul-from-glasgow
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The hotel is extremely convenient for those who have to work and research in the BL. The room I stayed was a bit depressing. The facilities could be better. Too expensive for such an ostensibly budget looking hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rui R
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn London Euston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.
We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations.
Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.

Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Naina
Social Media Team

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel is entirely fine! Personnel and staff are great kindly, helpful and very welcome, especially waitress named Natalie - just super.
Only good impressions have remained.
Many thanks for indelible impressions.

Kind regards,
Viacheslav.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is so convenient for Euston Station and so for getting around London. The staff will store luggage securely for no additional charge which is a real bonus. The room and facilities were also very good but more importantly the staff I encountered were excellent. Jerome and Janika at reception made me feel very welcome and helped me sort out a problem with the booking - thank you! The breakfast was tasty and a reasonable price so although we were very tempted to go to an excellent local cafe for breakfast we stayed at the hotel. Two points to bear in mind - the single bed was not as comfortable as the double bed; the air con was tricky to control. We got a really good deal staying on a Sunday night so allin all it was very good value and a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MHEWigan
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The general management and staff of this Premier Inn seem to be a bit better than others where I have stayed. The staff is always professional and friendly. In particular a night staffer named Guett was most helpful in assisting me with some documents I needed to have printed. The location is convenient to the West End and to train connections throughout Britain. The food in the restaurant is better than most chain hotel restaurants and the service is always prompt. Excellent value for money for London -- I've paid much more for far less quality in this neighbourhood. (I have to stay in this area several times a year, so I know the offerings pretty well.)

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper floor and not on the Euston Road side.
3  Thank Traveller_from_Lux
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Busy, budget (cost and quality) hotel directly on Euston Road - central london arterial route that is never quiet. Close to Euston Stn which is convenient. Heating / cooling controls hopeless in my room such that you end up roasting over night. Even assistance from staff, who clearly know the controls are temperamental, left the room intolerably hot.
Clean room though
Horrendously dim lighting.
Poor TV quality and positioning
Free WiFI for 30mins, thereafter you can pay for access - log in is a long winded affair, decent speed though

Room Tip: try to choose rooms towards the rear of the hotel, as quieter. Floors seem to get hotter the higher...
2  Thank Technical_Terry
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn London Euston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this.

We are well aware of the issue of high room temperatures, and are currently in the process of installing air conditioning into all of our hotel branches. However, this will be a lengthy process, so in the meantime the management team at the hotel have done all they can to help reduce room temperatures. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be fully investigated.

Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.