“Noisy and unclean, ok for one night tops”
Review of Hyde Park Hostel

Hyde Park Hostel
Ranked #648 of 908 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We taught this hostel was going to be much worse because of all the other reviews.
There are not enough toilets and showers and also those are really old and not too clean. We stayed there only for one night and it was really cheap considering that the Olympic games were in London at that time. It was very noisy though. People were running around the whole building all night so we didn't get much sleep. We had a private room and it was small, but ok. I've seen that in shared rooms there are 3-floor bunk beds and it's really crowded.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed for 1 night in July 2012 in Room 37. This room has 3 bunk beds and was very clean, matress bit thin by comfy all the same, reception gives you sheets & you make the bed & strip it again when you leave & put the sheets in the laundry cart in reception. A £10 deposit is to be paid when you get the key card which you then get back when checking out. No lockers in room but they're in reception for £2 each, towles were available for £5 so take your own! Overslept so didn't have chance to shower (check in from 12pm & check out at 10am). The toilets definatly need redecorating &, cleaning more regularly. The building is in a lovely street & if the outside were redecorated this would bring the bulding up with the rest of the street it looks very tatty, inside was basic but ok. Excellent location at bargain price. nearest tube stations are Bayswater & Queensway. I think some reveiwers on here have been really harsh about this place, i have stayed in far worse!! The staff were pleasant, just be sure to take photo ID as they want this when checking in (I'd never known this before but receptionist said its normal).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whitbyabi
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was the dirtiest, mouldiest, loudest hostel I have ever seen in my life. It was so bad. We were put in the room next to the front desk and front doors. ALL NIGHT drunk people were going and going and the doors slammed so loud it shook me in the bed. I had to go from the first floor to the fifth just to find a shower that worked... Windows were wide open but couldn't close, and you could see into the room across from you, no curtains=no privacy. THE WORST experience ever. I will never ever recommend this is anyone. I have never seen so much black death hold in a place. The building should be condemned. When we arrived we had to yell at the front desk just so we could check in as there was no employees to be found. They only accept cash, no credit. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE

Room Tip: Good tip... NEVER stay here
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is by far the worst hostel I've ever stayed at.
The only good thing was the location.
The rooms were way over crowded. I mean, they had triple high bunk beds just so they could cram more people in. I've never seen that before. Really hard to get in and out of in the middle of the night, heck even during the day.
The staff was rude and unfriendly.
There was no WiFi or breakfast included.
You couldn't pay with a credit card.
The bathrooms were disgustingggg!!!
Never will I stay here again, and I would NOT recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The female dorm room 54 on the ground floor is just nasty. Dirty carpet that is never been vacuumed, wet walls with molds and crappy bunk beds with dirty mattresses. The rooms upstair might be better but still crappy. I will not stay there even if they pay me to stay!!! The receptionists were bad trained and money-oriented, bad manners and bad service. The location is fine, but you can find others hostels around in the area as well, do NOT bother to even look at this one!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms in the ground floor are meant for baggers! Smelly, sweaty and nasty...living on street wil...
1  Thank Dee F
Reviewed June 1, 2012

..the only Good thing is - location.
One and only good thing.
Windows - you can not open, the watter flushing instead of down - up..
I found myself standing in the pund of the floating toilet watter...? ! ?
Have to say more? It was cheap, allright.. But, c'mon, is it so difficult to keep the place safe and clean??? This was the worse hostel i've been into. The worse of the worsest.. And unfriendly stuff. Totally... Rotten.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Duda G
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

This hostel, in my opinion, is not worth going to even given the price. The staff is extremely nasty and prone to getting into arguments with patrons - I observed two such incidents while waiting to check in alone! It made me nervous to even APPROACH them with a concern. While a staff member checked me in, he was ranting to another employee in Urdu (he didn't realize that I understood it) about how he hates certain groups of people. I spent very little time in the hostel itself as there was such a negative vibe and ended my stay two days early - and my checkout was delayed because the staff member doing checkouts got into yet another fight with a customer.

Additionally, the bathrooms were not the greatest (no locks, no soap, no towels, constantly clogging toilets - and good luck getting a staff member to assist you if they're our of TP). Would NEVER stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011