I booked this hotel for a one night stay whilst we visited London for a concert at the Royal Albert Hall, and with the concert being on a Friday night, I wasn't having much luck with low prices. I paid £65 for the 'small room', knowing full well after looking at various photos and reading reviews, that it was probably going to be a bed in a matchbox. But with us only staying for one night, it didn't really seem to matter, and cleanliness is something that concerns me more than size.
The hotel itself is small, with only around 30 rooms in the whole building. You can imagine that spending more than two nights there would begin to feel a bit 'cabin fever'-ish, but for one or two nights, it's perfect. The staff on reception were pleasant and there were always others scurrying around cleaning the hallways and stairs; the hotel generally was clean!
We were pleasantly surprised to find that actually the room was bigger than expected! Yes it was small, but there was enough room to move around the bed, space for a long desk, mirror and buffet, complete with kettle/tea/coffee and a hairdyrer, a small but functional cupboard space (that also had a safe, but at an additional extra), a TV and a bathroom with a heated towel rack full of clean towels. Handwash and a shampoo/shower gel was also attached to the wall, however we'd taken our own anyway so it didn't seem to matter. There was also user controlled air conditioning/heating too, but we didn't use it as the temperature in the room was warm enough for the chilly evening and we had no problems!
The room was clean, as was the bedding and the towels, which was fab. The price we paid also included breakfast, which was surprising and we weren't expecting much at all to be honest. The breakfast room was in the basement, and although small, we managed to get a table. The breakfast was actually sufficient enough and to say it was included in the price, it was good enough for us! It included: orange juice, a coffee machine that made lots of different types of coffee, tea, white and brown toast, croissants, bananas, apples, a variety of branded cereals and a selection of jams and cheeses.
The only downside that I could say about the stay was that we could have done with two pillows each instead of just the one. But otherwise, couldn't fault it for a short stay considering what we paid!
-'Small' room isn't as small as expected;
-Includes: TV, tea/coffee, towels, hairdryer, soap, mirror, cupboard with hangers;
-Included breakfast is a great little plus;
-Staff are pleasant;
-Stones throw from Hyde Park, 5 minutes walk from Queensway tube station and all the shops/restaurants on Queensway, 15 minutes walk to Bayswater tube station.
-Pillows are thin, could do with two tbh;
-Probably not a great hotel space-wise if spending more than two nights there, and probably not as suitable for families with young children;
-Sometimes the lift creaking can be a bit noisy, but it's not that bad really;
-No amazing views, but not really a problem for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Hyde Park is newly renovated in March 2011. This hotel offers an excellent tourist location base to explore London. The Comfort Hotel Hyde Park is located just stones away from the famous Hyde Park and it's museums with only a minute to the park. Walking distance of 10 minutes to Marble Arch, Oxford Street and a short 10 minute commute to Westfield's Shopping Centre. The hotel location is perfect for sightseeing, shopping, dining, business and entertainment which is the heart of London. Walking distance to connect on to the Central Circle District, Hammersmith and city and the Bakerloo Lines. Free Continental breakfast available seven days a week. The reception office is open 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hyde Park Hotel London
- Park Hotel London
- Comfort Inn Hyde Park London, England